Tour de France 2011

interlooper

Wishing I was golfing now
Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone else a big Tour de France fan? I love it. I am pretty lame and DVR all the stages.

I am more interested in how the USA teams place this year and the sprints. I think king of the mountain is pretty much already wrapped up.

Of the 4 US teams, I have reasons to like 3 of them, so I need to narrow my focus on who to root for.

Radioshack: I really like Popovych and Horner. Though I am not a Levi fan.

BMC: Hincapie is a sentimental figure and I wish him well.

HTC: Cannot stand this team and not a fan of Cavendish.

Garmin: Who doesnt like the big-man Thor? Vande Velde is great and Zabriskie is fine. And Tyler is just easy to root for.

I guess I am leaning towards team Garmin.

Anyone else have anyone they are rooting for in the Tour?

Used to be a few people who would participate in these threads. Not sure if they are still around.

I watch it every year. I'll be rooting Contador to fail another drug test, I mean eat tainted beef.

My father was a huge cyclist and cycling fan while I was growing up, so it's a bit nastalgic for me to watch the race. I don't really understand, but the helicopter flyovers of the sceaneary are pretty nice.

I used to watch this stuff back in the LeMond days up to Indurain but not so much anymore. The old Paris-Roubaix races with LeMond and Fignon were classic.

I'll be watching it. I'm expecting contador to be in a class of his own as usual. I kinda want him to win and then go for the grand tour triple this year, he's the only one who had the ability to!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today's stage was just pure carnage. Guys were all over the road. Team radio shack took a huge hit.

Have you guys seen this? George Hincapie's varicose vein issue.

g-hlt-110708-veiny-leg-12p.photoblog600.jpg

http://bodyodd.msnbc.msn.com/_news/...s-wrong-with-this-tour-de-france-cyclists-leg

Don't watch it, seems to be the dirtiest sport going... Who isn't doping?

I watch religiously and have seen parts/most of every Tour since Lemond's first win. The doping is disgusting, no doubt, but the action is so damn compelling. I particular love the mountain stages and watching the pain.

So sad for Chris Horner and Bradley Wiggins. Hoping that Andy Schleck starts making moves in the peaks.

Today's stage finishes on alpe d'huez. One of my favorite climbs. It's a great one to watch. This climb has been absent for 3 years. Andy Schleck all but has it wrapped up after his breakaway yesterday. Quite a gritty performance. As long as nothing crazy happens to him on this climb, he'll ride into Paris wearing yellow on Sunday.

Today's stage finishes on alpe d'huez. One of my favorite climbs. It's a great one to watch. This climb has been absent for 3 years. Andy Schleck all but has it wrapped up after his breakaway yesterday. Quite a gritty performance. As long as nothing crazy happens to him on this climb, he'll ride into Paris wearing yellow on Sunday.

I don't think anyone in cycling these days celebrate until they hear the magic words... drug test passed.

Quite a time trial by Cadel Evans. He caught Andy Schleck and will ride into Paris in yellow tomorrow. For the first time in the history of this tour, an Australian will stand on the top step of the podium.

Quite a time trial by Cadel Evans. He caught Andy Schleck and will ride into Paris in yellow tomorrow. For the first time in the history of this tour, an Australian will stand on the top step of the podium.

I was not happy with this at all... Andy rode so well trough the mountains, and had such a terrible time trial! I really like him, I think he should have won last year but there was a little misfortune there. He really needs to step up his time trial rides...

I was devastated by the results. There was plenty of drama in the mountains, with Andy riding a phenomonal race. I thought it was going to conclude with Andy winning, but was so bummed. Within 10 minutes of Andy's time trial, you knew it wasn't meant to be. Oh well, Evans did well also. And heck, I am just happy to see Contrador lose out on the podium spot.

Yeah, screw Contador. He didn't have his tainted beef to help him.

Cool to see the two brothers get on the podium.

Andy has to be a better time trialist. Evans just blew both he and Frank away. Reminded me of Armstrong passing Ullirich on one occasion and Basso on another during a time trial when he started behind them.

Back