Tour Edge 48 Hour Delivery Update?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
With the latest custom equipment delivery times being what they are, Tour Edge is headed in a different direction. While at their HQ, in Batavia, IL, we sat down with them to ask them the question of how long it takes golfers to get their equipment.

In doing so, we learned that Tour Edge is about to relaunch a great program and one that might please a lot of golfers looking for equipment quickly. Where does the Tour Edge 48 Hour Delivery stand?

Have you tried out the latest from Tour Edge Exotics? If you are curious how they stack up, here is our review of the C721 driver. Want to test out the demo that Jon Claffey spoke about in the video above? Check out their website here...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
That's awesome that they can do this. Especially given what other manufacturers are dealing with.

Wow that’s something. I wonder how they are able to offer this with shaft and grip shortages going on across the industry. I mean many other companies are 6-8 weeks right now. I also wonder if it’s sustainable.

Smart move on their part. Hopefully help them grab some market share.

Cool. I thought the 48 hour turn around was ambitious but I hope it works for them. I think it worked in the past otherwise they wouldn't do it again.

48 hours the way things are going right now is amazing!! Well done Tour Edge, well done!!!

Wow, I have a set of Sim2 irons on order and it seems they will take upwards of over 5 weeks or longer. This 48 hours is crazy good by Tour Edge

I have to think that VAST majority of buyers will take the stock offerings, so they would have plenty of those combos ready to go out the door. They would pop the ‘custom’ grip (if requested) on it and box it up. This leaves technicians free to build up those special builds.

The flip side of this is that they have warehouses of the clubs nobody is buying. They arn't geniuses who figured out how to build clubs when nobody else can, they realized that they haven't sold much of their product and have tons of it on hand and, rather than cut the price, use delivery time instead.

There's a reason you have to wait for your SIM2s and can get this in 48 hours. Tons of people wants Sim2s and nobody wants these.

The flip side of this is that they have warehouses of the clubs nobody is buying. They arn't geniuses who figured out how to build clubs when nobody else can, they realized that they haven't sold much of their product and have tons of it on hand and, rather than cut the price, use delivery time instead.

There's a reason you have to wait for your SIM2s and can get this in 48 hours. Tons of people wants Sim2s and nobody wants these.

Except that isnt the case. There is a reason it was disabled as a campaign. There is a reason that HL is not part of it. Their market share is actually up in nearly every category across the board. Sim2 was backordered the day it was released. It is not a current demand problem.

Except that isnt the case. There is a reason it was disabled as a campaign. There is a reason that HL is not part of it. Their market share is actually up in nearly every category across the board. Sim2 was backordered the day it was released. It is not a current demand problem.

What was their market share before and what is it now?

What was their market share before and what is it now?

Going to need to be a bit more specific since the campaign started today, it would be tough to measure. If you are asking has it gone up, yes, year over year it has definitely gone up.

Going to need to be a bit more specific since the campaign started today, it would be tough to measure. If you are asking has it gone up, yes, year over year it has definitely gone up.

I very strongly suspect they can do this because they have much less business and a huge stockpile of clubs nobody wants. You disagreed and told me that their market share has been going up, so I asked for the numbers, which you are not providing.

Which is more likely?

Scenario 1: Tour Edge clubs sell very poorly. They are assembled, then don't sell, then are warehoused. To move those clubs, they start this campaign to deliver in 48 hours. They are one of the few who can because they are one of the few OEMs who have backlogs due to nobody wanting their stuff.

Scenario 2: Tour Edge is really smart. They have found secondary sources for grips and shafts that nobody else has but that are still quality. They can deliver weeks faster than every single major OEM despite similar demand.

Which of those is more likely?

48 hours is pretty legit. Cool to see

I very strongly suspect they can do this because they have much less business and a huge stockpile of clubs nobody wants. You disagreed and told me that their market share has been going up, so I asked for the numbers, which you are not providing.

Which is more likely?

Scenario 1: Tour Edge clubs sell very poorly. They are assembled, then don't sell, then are warehoused. To move those clubs, they start this campaign to deliver in 48 hours. They are one of the few who can because they are one of the few OEMs who have backlogs due to nobody wanting their stuff.

Scenario 2: Tour Edge is really smart. They have found secondary sources for grips and shafts that nobody else has but that are still quality. They can deliver weeks faster than every single major OEM despite similar demand.

Which of those is more likely?

Haha. I never said similar demand. But you asked for numbers which is a pretty vague question. Numbers of what? Months? Years?
Srixon is backordered on drivers, Tour Edge has higher market share in that category.
Wilson is backordered on drivers, Tour Edge has higher market share in that category.

Grips and shafts are arriving and have been arriving to OEMs constantly, which is how clubs are being built and shipped. Some faster than others, and we do checks on this every single day to just about every OEM. Heck, we just got a case of each grip from Golf Pride ourselves for the Tech Studio.

These are not some clubs that have been in stores for months on end. They hit stores in mid-March with limited capacity and got the rest of their components shortly thereafter.

If you want to believe their clubs don't sell and sit and collect dust. That's fine. Im not here to convince someone otherwise. If they want to real info, we are happy to provide it. Which is year over year their club sales are up. Month over month they are too. And they are WAY up from two years ago. There aren't too many brands struggling to sell equipment right now, especially those that have it in stock, considering what is going on in the industry.

literally about the same as Amazon shipping, nothing else is shipping that fast especially in the golf industry.

Don't sleep on Tour Edge. Great Products at fantastic prices and shipping...

Also - check out reviews... golfers are thrilled with the recent release and prior gen!

I have been working with Tour Edge for the past month on a set of E721 irons. Simply put, Tour Edge has exhibited some of the best customer service I've received from any company, not just the golf industry. I ordered a number of E721 7 irons with different shafts so I could demo them prior to ordering the full set. Once done demoing, they got sent back to Tour Edge with pre-paid shipping and I received full credit for the purchase of the demo irons. I've since ordered the full set of irons, which I'm now playing.

The response time for every phone call or email I've had with Tour Edge representatives has been great, and since I live in MI right around the lake from Batavia, every item shipped to me has arrived in the 48 hour window.

If they want to real info, we are happy to provide it. Which is year over year their club sales are up. Month over month they are too. And they are WAY up from two years ago. There aren't too many brands struggling to sell equipment right now, especially those that have it in stock, considering what is going on in the industry.

You're missing the point. That isn't how a supply chain works.

Year One - Build 50 Clubs, Sell 40. Stuck with 10.
Year Two - Build 50 Clubs, Sell 70. Have back-orders.
Year Three - Build 100 Clubs, Sell 80. Stuck with 20.

In this example, the company's market share and overall sales are growing but they are still stuck. I'm not saying nobody wants Tour Edge. That would be stupid, and I have no evidence for that. I'm saying that *either* Tour Edge can't move stock OR they over-built by not estimating their growth rate correctly a year or so ago when they tried to predict how much stock they would need.

Tour Edge didn't figure out a 48 hour process nobody else could. That's ridiculous. Its not them being "smart". They either had flagging demand or the over-estimated supply. All of your post goes to the first not being true, which is fine, but you can have growing sales and still be stuck with a ton of stock if you over-build the (rising) demand. I'm responding to everyone whose saying "Smart by Tour Edge!!" - its not smart. They have a bunch of stuff sitting around and need to move it. Nobody else has stuff sitting around. *Why* they have stuff sitting around could be either no demand or over optimistic projections on rising demand leading to too much supply. They didn't figure out how to beat supply shortages better than everyone else in the industry.

• Haha
Reactions: JB
I've got the itch to test out this 48-hour system. And I like how they mention it's on custom orders too and not just stock.

I've got the itch to test out this 48-hour system. And I like how they mention it's on custom orders too and not just stock.

Going with a C721 driver or FW?

Going with a C721 driver or FW?

I'm leaning FW right now. but if I could I'd add a hybrid and irons too haha I do think it would be cool to go through the process. Get an order in tonight or tomorrow morning and see if it's here for the weekend. See how close to that timeline they can actually turn it all around. Because that 48-hour delivery is a pretty cool story if it actually works out.

I'm leaning FW right now. but if I could I'd add a hybrid and irons too haha I do think it would be cool to go through the process. Get an order in tonight or tomorrow morning and see if it's here for the weekend. See how close to that timeline they can actually turn it all around. Because that 48-hour delivery is a pretty cool story if it actually works out.

I haven't had the irons in hand but everything else looks incredible. Considering 6-8 weeks is pretty standard right now, 48 hours is really impressive.

I haven't had the irons in hand but everything else looks incredible. Considering 6-8 weeks is pretty standard right now, 48 hours is really impressive.

right? I mean I guess if we hold strict to that 48-hour window, I could theoretically order right now and have it for league night on Thursday. Pretty awesome.

right? I mean I guess if we hold strict to that 48-hour window, I could theoretically order right now and have it for league night on Thursday. Pretty awesome.
Quick replying to me and get those things ordered!

Back