Review Tour Edge Exotics C721 Driver Review

After my latest range session and the consistancy I saw, this is my gamer, no questions asked this year. Just so much fun to hit!

Wow!
Weren't you gaming a SZ Xtreme, @gkeller813 ?
Yes I was. I've just been so much more consistent finding the fairway with the C721, and eliminated my left miss I had with the Xtreme. The Xtreme was forgiving, but the C721 has been better for my swing, plus it sounds better.

Yes I was. I've just been so much more consistent finding the fairway with the C721, and eliminated my left miss I had with the Xtreme. The Xtreme was forgiving, but the C721 has been better for my swing, plus it sounds better.
The sound is my biggest complaint with my Xtreme.
Can't wait to hit this C721!

My ONLY complaint with C721 is the way the Shaft rotates when you adjust, The c721 has removed the Sim from the bag for sure. The thing i LOVE about this driver is the way i can get one just a bit on the toe and its is a low bullet up the right side of number nine and running like it stole something. I had 53 yards to the pin on a hole that was 350 uphill dog leg left.I drove the right edge of the 350 #7 on the white course with a 20 mph downwind. I HATE that hole with lakes on both sides. I generally hit a 5 iron little stinger off the tee because its a fairway finder and i will never have more than a 7 iron to 9 iron depending on the wind. I hit the C721 so dang straight that i am pulling Driver more and more each round.
SO love the tech from @TOUREDGE that i seriously am thinking about the Irons to go with it.

Had the 721 on the course today. My other experience with it has all been sim time. Sound on course is really nice. Sounds like solid power that you can trust. Most drives were just a soft fade. Aim down left side and let it drop back in center of fairway. Even shots that were poor aim the ball only moved slightly left. All landing just off edge of fairway never out of play. Distance was good launch was high. Few drives checked with cart gps were 245 into wind no roll out 272 and 266. Very little if any roll on course today course also at or near sea level. Driver definitely lessons severity of misses. I turned mine down to 8.5 today to try and keep ball down to get some rollout. Ball still launched high. More than likely to me hitting up on ball. All in all a very solid day out with it.

Will it replace my B21 not sure about that. It s as lost swings itself. Will put it to more testing mid next week I hope at the Wetlands in Lafayette LA. When I get back home I’ll be able to get on course and hit drivers side by side on tee boxes. Want to do that and play both balls to see if either of these drivers have an effect and how big that effect is on my score.

I had the C721 out for 2 rounds this weekend. I am finding most of the fairways with it but I think I can improve on that by changing shafts. I had them put in the stiff HZRDOUS Blue in it and I think I need to back it off to a regular shaft. I just don't feel like I am loading the shaft enough without swinging out of my shoes and that is when I am missing the fairway and usually way right. I do like the sound of the club and am pretty happy with the accuracy. Once I talk with TEE and get a regular shaft in it, I really think this will be a real bomber for me. Not sure if I should go with the HZRDOUS or the Ventus regular......

I had the C721 out for 2 rounds this weekend. I am finding most of the fairways with it but I think I can improve on that by changing shafts. I had them put in the stiff HZRDOUS Blue in it and I think I need to back it off to a regular shaft. I just don't feel like I am loading the shaft enough without swinging out of my shoes and that is when I am missing the fairway and usually way right. I do like the sound of the club and am pretty happy with the accuracy. Once I talk with TEE and get a regular shaft in it, I really think this will be a real bomber for me. Not sure if I should go with the HZRDOUS or the Ventus regular......
I believe @donny475 had the Ventus in Regular flex.

Not sure how it aligns with your swing, but here is what Tour Edge recommends, if you haven't seen it:

- 85 MPH or Below – Fujikura Air Speeder: [40-gram R], [40-gram A], [35-gram L]
- 85-95 MPH – Fujikura Ventus Red 4T Core: [50-gram R]
- 95-105 MPH – Project X HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX: [60-gram S/6.0
- 105 MPH or Above – Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX: [60-gram X-Stiff/6.5

I believe @donny475 had the Ventus in Regular flex.

Not sure how it aligns with your swing, but here is what Tour Edge recommends, if you haven't seen it:

- 85 MPH or Below – Fujikura Air Speeder: [40-gram R], [40-gram A], [35-gram L]
- 85-95 MPH – Fujikura Ventus Red 4T Core: [50-gram R]
- 95-105 MPH – Project X HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX: [60-gram S/6.0
- 105 MPH or Above – Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX: [60-gram X-Stiff/6.5
Yep, I ordered mine with the Ventus Red Regular as i was playing the HZRDUS Black Smoke in Reg in my Sim. Plus i already had a Ventus Red in Stiff here in the office so getting the Regular to start was good for me. I have since put the stiff in my C721 and for me, i am hitting just as many if not more fairways with the Stiff and long. We are all different. I you want to try the RED in Regular, message me your addy and I will send it your way...

Yep, I ordered mine with the Ventus Red Regular as i was playing the HZRDUS Black Smoke in Reg in my Sim. Plus i already had a Ventus Red in Stiff here in the office so getting the Regular to start was good for me. I have since put the stiff in my C721 and for me, i am hitting just as many if not more fairways with the Stiff and long. We are all different. I you want to try the RED in Regular, message me your addy and I will send it your way...

I thank you very much for the offer but I am going to have them send me the Red in regular as I have another stiff shaft that is in my last years gamer and I bought an extra adapter when I ordered the driver. But thank you very much for the offer. (y)(y)

I thank you very much for the offer but I am going to have them send me the Red in regular as I have another stiff shaft that is in my last years gamer and I bought an extra adapter when I ordered the driver. But thank you very much for the offer. (y)(y)

Just talked with Chris at Tour Edge, they are going to build me a Ventus Red shaft with my specs and ship it to me, then I will send them back the stiff shaft.
The customer service at Tour Edge is fantastic !

Just talked with Chris at Tour Edge, they are going to build me a Ventus Red shaft with my specs and ship it to me, then I will send them back the stiff shaft.
The customer service at Tour Edge is fantastic !
That's awesome, thanks for sharing the experience. One way to get my future support is with Customer Service like that!

New member here. Still getting caught up on this thread and really enjoying all the different comments I read so far.

I thought I would post my initial thoughts and one odd occurrence.

I purchased this driver in 10.5* with the ventus red 4T stiff.

I replaced my '09 TM burner 9.5* stiff which has a similar style crown with the T shape. It makes you feel like the designer wanted that top to help with alignment.

So far I like the driver. Personally not the best at hitting the sweet spot on driver I am a better iron player. But already I feel like I am gaining at least 10-20 yards on distance.

I find if I hit a high push-fade I can sometimes still be in the first cut and still very long! Making the approach shot easier to deal with on a miss hit since I am still pretty close. On a low heel hit that starts left usually is in the middle vs of the right side of the fairway. This head and shaft definitely wants to keep the ball in play. If you do really miss hit the ball is still gone as expected, user error.

As mentioned the sound is phenomenal, and gives good feedback if you hit heel or toe. I think the sounds feedback is helping me learn to "feel" the club face a bit better.

One bad thing that did happen to me with the ventus red was after hitting some balls into a net with friend. I wanted to hit a couple last balls as I was getting really nice center hits and feeling my swing. Then on one hit the sound was really odd. I hit another ball and the head was in the net. Shaft broke right at the adapter. TEE was great, they shipped a new shaft aright away.

I played once again just a cheeky 9 as I am also doing house renos (I feel your pain). I hit 5 of 6 fairways and I was not feeling overly confident because in my mind the shaft was going to break again.

Looking forward to reading the other comments and personal experiences.

After I get some more time with the new shaft I will provide any final thoughts.

👊

I've enjoyed this driver so much that it will be in my bag until the RADSPEED for the Morgan Cup arrives, whenever that may be.

So - continued follow up on the C721 Driver -

I'm continually impressed with the thing. Like, really impressed. As a golfer that wanted the best driver fit for me last year there was no way that I would have taken a serious look at TourEdge - however this thing consistently keeps up with my Mavrik SubZero and sometimes even outperforms it. I can work the ball better with the SZ but distance-wise it's just as good. I think that I probably reached a bit with the shaft in taking an X-Stiff but hoping that as I work to become like Bryson it'll be just fine.

I said that I'd be honest in these reviews and I'll do just that. Don't love the adapter settings as it changes the grip setup and it's a bit big for my liking... but those are small details. Overall this is a legit stick and one that should be in consideration for all that want distance and forgiveness in one.

My ONLY complaint with C721 is the way the Shaft rotates when you adjust,

That's my frustration as well... @donny475 - but it's a small issue overall once you find your setting.

Haven't got a clue lol!
I won it in the March madness contest. Been reading this thread since and I'm super pumped.
Patience Grasshopper! :LOL::LOL:

A beautiful new c721 9.5* with the RDX blue 70 6.0 shaft arrived. I will hit it tomorrow, but as far as first impressions go, sweet!
Thats great! Cant wait to hear how it plays for you!

That's my frustration as well... @donny475 - but it's a small issue overall once you find your setting.

That is a bit of a bummer when you like a grip with align in it. If you like the Tour Velvet 360, it is isn’t a problem at all.

Back