Review Tour Edge Exotics C721 Driver Review

My mind was definitely broken.. we turned over to the back 9 and front nine was just spotty golf where driver was hit and miss mostly miss (this is the EXS 220) cold weather swapped the hook for a fade /slice. Figured ehhh we are out here hitting shots having fun let's start the back off with the new and improved from TEE... Grabbed the C721, thought to myself ohhh please don't sky this beauty. Took two practice swings and boom go time. Thought the weight was a little different than ex's 220, said it was a bit heavier... Swing and a drive! Right down the pipe....in the words of @Nate<80 a little bit Boomier....

Proceeded like that the rest of the day, love the distance flight and diamond face 2.0... that sound is ohhhh sooo sweet.

Really impressive that they took a great driver to the next level in this line.
Time to order! :ROFLMAO:

My mind was definitely broken.. we turned over to the back 9 and front nine was just spotty golf where driver was hit and miss mostly miss (this is the EXS 220) cold weather swapped the hook for a fade /slice. Figured ehhh we are out here hitting shots having fun let's start the back off with the new and improved from TEE... Grabbed the C721, thought to myself ohhh please don't sky this beauty. Took two practice swings and boom go time. Thought the weight was a little different than ex's 220, said it was a bit heavier... Swing and a drive! Right down the pipe....in the words of @Nate<80 a little bit Boomier....

Proceeded like that the rest of the day, love the distance flight and diamond face 2.0... that sound is ohhhh sooo sweet.

This does n to surprise me at ALL! I went out this morning and I had Ac happy ball striking day, BUT Io had a great hit the Long Ball in the Fairway day. It was night and day for me this time. It has been raining here and the range was closed so no warm up except for putting. It was wet and cold and I hit the first Drive wide right. It wasn't 't bad, in the second cut but close to a tree and i hit a punch onto the green, but all the way on the back edge an d it was a front pin, 3 putt.
Second was right down Broadway and a clear 50 past everyone else followed by a chunk and then a ball dividing blade. lol That was my day....DRiving it strong down the fairway and how can i screw up from there.

This driver has replaced the Sim in my bag and That is all there is....IT IS A BEAST of a fairway Finder

Really couldn’t appreciate the sound in sim. First swing on course it is a sound that makes you feel confident in performance.

:LOL:

I hit this extremely well today

I hit this extremely well today
Im freaking pumped you had this one in play. It’s pretty freaking lethal.

A few booms from you today with the C721! Seemed to have a little bit more pop and speed off the club face with what seemed like more distance. That was fun to watch.

Enjoyed hitting this driver a few times today thanks to @gkeller813. I was not swinging well whatsoever today but this definitely limited my hook a bit and was a little bit more accurate than the Cobra SpeedZone. I like the sound of it and the feel in the sweet spot is special.

Not sure I’ll get to experiment this week or not. Depends on how busy course here is. I want to play 2 balls off tee with the 721 and my B21. Side by side comparison same ball same day. If not this week I will next week when I get home.

So what does the sound compare to? Is it on the tink side, or the thwack side?

Thwack

That ones honestly super subjective and hard to answer.

Understood. How about, has anyone played this in a senior shaft and what were their thoughts? I have a slow swing. But, my sr shaft for my G400 3 wood was not a good choice.

So what does the sound compare to? Is it on the tink side, or the thwack side?
No tink, but ill say it in here again, it’s got a composite denseness to it while still also possessing some of the old titanium tendencies. It’s not as muted as a SIM for example, it’s solid, but it’s got more power behind the sound too.

I will say it as i have always said it, I hit a couple today that i thought were a mishit and I out drove my group by a waze

Went to my local stores that carry Tour edge. They have the 721 demo drivers but no 12* head to try out. And no 12* on the rack either.

May just buy one and try it on the 30 day playability.

Understood. How about, has anyone played this in a senior shaft and what were their thoughts? I have a slow swing. But, my sr shaft for my G400 3 wood was not a good choice.
I'm using the Airspeed 40 senior flex in both the 721 driver and 5 wood. Works good for me.

I'm using the Airspeed 40 senior flex in both the 721 driver and 5 wood. Works good for me.

Thanks, DJnTN. Would you describe the Airspeed 40 senior flex as just light or it is whippy with a lot of flex to them?

Thanks, DJnTN. Would you describe the Airspeed 40 senior flex as just light or it is whippy with a lot of flex to them?
Tour Edge has done a great job with their Speed Tested shaft selections in terms of making pairings that work well for the vast majority in the given swing speed range.

As far as whippy goes, well that’s a term with too much wiggle room in it and Is way too broadly subjective.

Nice thing is TE has a playability guarantee.

This thing is a fairway finder for me. On Sunday, I hit 10 out of 13 fairways yesterday on a course I only play once or twice a year.
The forgiveness on the face is ridiculously good. Even when I miss the center and hit it out on the toe (my usual miss) the ball still jumps off the face and rolls out a crazy amount.
I put in the Ventus Red regular flex shaft that TEE sent me and it is a perfect fit for my swing at this time.
I am swinging a bit easier than normal due to still getting my legs under me after the double knee replacements this winter so I may need to go a little stiffer on the shaft mid season, but that remains to be seen. What I can say right now is that I am very impressed and very happy with this driver. If you are thinking about a new driver, DO NOT overlook this one.

This thing is a fairway finder for me. On Sunday, I hit 10 out of 13 fairways yesterday on a course I only play once or twice a year.
The forgiveness on the face is ridiculously good. Even when I miss the center and hit it out on the toe (my usual miss) the ball still jumps off the face and rolls out a crazy amount.
I put in the Ventus Red regular flex shaft that TEE sent me and it is a perfect fit for my swing at this time.
I am swinging a bit easier than normal due to still getting my legs under me after the double knee replacements this winter so I may need to go a little stiffer on the shaft mid season, but that remains to be seen. What I can say right now is that I am very impressed and very happy with this driver. If you are thinking about a new driver, DO NOT overlook this one.

TRUTH ^ i have had every toe hit that i feel like its a miss....actually turn out to be crazy long

Friday may be a sketchy day with Widespread Thunderstorms here, but i am still hope full for an early morning round before it all happens

Back