Review Tour Edge Exotics C721 Driver Review

So this happened, @bbutler traveling through North Texas so half the TEEm Tour Edge was out this morning playing 18

Attachments

• B66218C9-336C-49E9-B924-CCAD9F835E02.jpeg
    B66218C9-336C-49E9-B924-CCAD9F835E02.jpeg
    202.7 KB · Views: 12
So this happened, @bbutler traveling through North Texas so half the TEEm Tour Edge was out this morning playing 18
Awesome guys! Hope you have a great round, and get to share some good notes and good shots with the C721!

Hey @JB , just curious if you've had any conversations lately with Matt and Jon from Tour Edge regarding the C721 driver. I'd be curious to see how it's been accepted on the Champions Tour, as well as in the general golfing public. Seems well liked by the TEEm, and other THPers, but I'd be curious to hear how well it is doing overall.

Hey @JB , just curious if you've had any conversations lately with Matt and Jon from Tour Edge regarding the C721 driver. I'd be curious to see how it's been accepted on the Champions Tour, as well as in the general golfing public. Seems well liked by the TEEm, and other THPers, but I'd be curious to hear how well it is doing overall.
I have not, but been on the road. I will be in Chicago in a few weeks and it will be a topic I’m sure.

I’ve been impressed with TE on social and how they’re updating how many and what clubs are in play on both tours, but particularly the champions.

I’ve been impressed with TE on social and how they’re updating how many and what clubs are in play on both tours, but particularly the champions.
Thanks, I'll have to check it out.

I thought I was crazy when I saw 1200-1400 spin out of the 10.5 lofted up. Was going to order a 12* but I think I’ll stick with my Callaways and stay in a more playable spin window. At around 90mph Under 2k spin isn’t feasible :(
#721/SLDR2.0

I thought I was crazy when I saw 1200-1400 spin out of the 10.5 lofted up. Was going to order a 12* but I think I’ll stick with my Callaways and stay in a more playable spin window. At around 90mph Under 2k spin isn’t feasible :(
#721/SLDR2.0
Except this is about 1,987,438,911 times more forgiving than SLDR ever dreamed of being. :ROFLMAO:

But, if someone is already a LOW spinner, it’ll be an interesting experience for them.

Except this is about 1,987,438,911 times more forgiving than SLDR ever dreamed of being. :ROFLMAO:

If the spin is right. Too low and it’s still going to snap hook out of the sky like the SLDR. Which to me is still unforgiving if not playable

If the spin is right. Too low and it’s still going to snap hook out of the sky like the SLDR. Which to me is still unforgiving if not playable
And I’m not arguing that, but, the forgiveness of the heads design to design aren’t remotely close. The SLDR had a spot the size of a quarter you’d BETTER hit, this has a face that wants to make you enjoy the game of golf more.

That’s also why I said in my post, if you’re already a LOW spin player, it becomes an interesting conversation. Though I believe lofting up and a ball change can make it amply playable for a wide range of low spin low speed players still.

And I’m not arguing that, but, the forgiveness of the heads design to design aren’t remotely close. The SLDR had a spot the size of a quarter you’d BETTER hit, this has a face that wants to make you enjoy the game of golf more.

That’s also why I said in my post, if you’re already a LOW spin player, it becomes an interesting conversation. Though I believe lofting up and a ball change can make it amply playable for a wide range of low spin low speed players still.

fair points. I wanted to try it myself.
wish my local shop had the12* head but both only got the 9 and 10.5. And our local fitting center quit carrying TEE about a year ago.
Sucks having launch issues lol

I could always buy one and try it on the 30 day but I’ve been doing that a lot lately and getting tired of returning things that don’t make the bag.

fair points. I wanted to try it myself.
wish my local shop had the12* head but both only got the 9 and 10.5. And our local fitting center quit carrying TEE about a year ago.
Sucks having launch issues lol

I could always buy one and try it on the 30 day but I’ve been doing that a lot lately and getting tired of returning things that don’t make the bag.

I understand the spin being low and I love it. I am 63 and just got in from 18 with this C721 and I know that I am not a normal 63 YO guy and have a good swing. Nut i was poking a few out there 290 easy today at only 650 above sea level. I love this club and how it has moved the SIM from my bag. I played the SLDR before that and for ME; It is a beast.....yes, i have hit a snapper or two since i have started out with it, but that was me, not the club...waiting too long between shots, may be trying to get a little more from it... but i love it

I understand the spin being low and I love it. I am 63 and just got in from 18 with this C721 and I know that I am not a normal 63 YO guy and have a good swing. Nut i was poking a few out there 290 easy today at only 650 above sea level. I love this club and how it has moved the SIM from my bag. I played the SLDR before that and for ME; It is a beast.....yes, i have hit a snapper or two since i have started out with it, but that was me, not the club...waiting too long between shots, may be trying to get a little more from it... but i love it
Being an above avg speed guy you can probably get away with just about any driver spin wise. So I can see this one really working for you. And glad it clicked for you. Tour Edge makes outstanding products for sure. I still bag a Trilogy and Xrail hybrid from way back as nothing has touched them since putting them into the bag.

I am the exact opposite though driver wise. I swing slow typically 88-91 mph with around 128-132 ball speeds. I also hit up on the ball and tee it really high which creates the high launch low spin situation. It maximizes my distance and efficiency but on even ground with decent temps and conditions I am looking at a max drive around 235-240 ish. I can go longer but usually need a big bounce and rollout and or some tailwindage :cool:
Right now I play a Mavrik 12* lofted up 2*. I have hit some longer drivers (Radspeed XB being one of them) but nothing as consistent so far.
The EXS220 driver was also a beast distance wise but I fought the lefts with it as when lofting up the face started to close on me too much.

Alright @gkeller813 I have a new reason to hit that C721!!! Driver battle continues...

Nice round of golf with Donny475. Another solid outing for the 721. I still need to tweak my swing and setup a little. My miss with the 721 is a little push due mostly to slightly open face. Even then it just goes.
I will say that I can not begin to compete with Donny on the amount of roll he gets out of the 721. Justin Thomas would be proud of his low bullet draw. Runs forever. I on the other hand hit it high even set to 8.5.
Driver face is hot and unbelievably forgiving. Even shots that move right don’t go far. 721 has a legitimate shot at making the bag.

As posted in my M6 update thread. Just got fitted today- of all the fancy $$$$$$ new models, the 721 was the best overall performer. Love the sound and feel as well. A good ‘click’, not a ‘thud’ without being to metallic and tinny. Even with SS down a bit to 98/99, carry was 10-15 more than the M6 I traded in. 3/4” shorter shaft (Hazardous Smoke Black RDX 60) made a difference in control and strike. Would recommend.

As posted in my M6 update thread. Just got fitted today- of all the fancy $$$$$$ new models, the 721 was the best overall performer. Love the sound and feel as well. A good ‘click’, not a ‘thud’ without being to metallic and tinny. Even with SS down a bit to 98/99, carry was 10-15 more than the M6 I traded in. 3/4” shorter shaft (Hazardous Smoke Black RDX 60) made a difference in control and strike. Would recommend.
Nice! And you’ll find it about a billion times more forgiving too!

Anyone played with weight kit on the 721 yet. Mine arrived after I left on vacation. Should get some time with kit next week

Anyone played with weight kit on the 721 yet. Mine arrived after I left on vacation. Should get some time with kit next week
I just got it! Not gonna play with anything... until it isn’t the greatest driver since sliced bread. Probably May... maybe June

Back