Tour Edge Exotics 722 Drivers

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
There has been a good amount of anticipation surrounding the 2022 product release from Tour Edge, which is testament to the success they have had the past three releases. Not only have they formed a plan and used it to create momentum, they have increased it every single release cycle. 

The C721 drivers were proof that Tour Edge could innovate toe to toe with the biggest names in the golf industry, and they gained significant play on the PGA Tour Champions circuit as well as being much lauded by everyday golfers on the THP Forum here. That said, it was definitely an outside the box design visually, making it little surprise that the Tour Edge Exotics 722 Driver options would be more refined, but make no mistake, they are also further advanced technologically as well, with two options, E and C, creating what Tour Edge believes is their most robust...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Staff
IMO, its a good evolution aesthetically.

20220114_TE-170.jpg

Excellent writeup @Jman. Seeing Exotics move more into the SGI category makes me so happy. I dig what they've done with Hot Launch over the years, however personally I have found their overall looks & aesthetic to be a bit off the mark. The E722 driver sounds like something right up my alley and I am excited to see more about the other options in that line, which looks fantastic to me (I'm always a sucker for a solid red/black scheme).

I'm also looking forward to learning more about the shaft options you alluded to, sounds intriguing.

They look sweet! Fun article

Thanks @Jman . Love that they kept the Ridgeback design, as I believe it provided so much stability in the C721, but with more Carbon Fiber this go around. Really excited about this evolution, because I really enjoyed the C721 last year!

that's a lot of carbon fiber. The finishing design still leaves a lot to be desired IMO, but the tech is there. That competition is certainly intriguing.

IMO, its a good evolution aesthetically.

View attachment 9065662
Not a large change looks wise, but the C721 was a bit plain on the sole. I enjoyed it, but a bit plain and think this does well to incorporate the new line.

Really interested about the E and C series breakout as well. Like you alluded to, could be them bringing the Pro version to the main release cycle, and will be interesting to see where they go with the Pro Lineup.

Thanks for the info, sounds like a couple of more winning drivers from Tour Edge! (y)

Not a large change looks wise, but the C721 was a bit plain on the sole. I enjoyed it, but a bit plain and think this does well to incorporate the new line.

Really interested about the E and C series breakout as well. Like you alluded to, could be them bringing the Pro version to the main release cycle, and will be interesting to see where they go with the Pro Lineup.
I doubt we see the Pro release moving forward.

Really nice looking drivers. Probably a smart move releasing the E and C models together. Price points continue to be really solid especially considering all of the impressive tech packed into the driver heads.

Indeed, and it looks killer.
And shots of the crown at address? Can’t tell how I feel about the matte edge and line with the gloss carbon on the sides.

And shots of the crown at address? Can’t tell how I feel about the matte edge and line with the gloss carbon on the sides.
If the finish is still the same as last year, and it looks like it is just more carbon, it looks really good in hand.

carbon on carbon on carbon. The look at this angle is just wild to me.

c722driver_toe.png

If the finish is still the same as last year, and it looks like it is just more carbon, it looks really good in hand.
Thanks, went back and looked at the C721 and it looks similar. I like things a little more uniform, but the in-hand shots look better than the stock photos.

carbon on carbon on carbon. The look at this angle is just wild to me.

c722driver_toe.png
I agreed, very interesting design and shape. That bottom fin really changes the entire look.

Thanks for the writeup and review. Although I am not in the market for a driver, I find articles and writeups to be fascinating as I am trying to learn as much as I can about the tech and materials involved in the design process.

Thanks, went back and looked at the C721 and it looks similar. I like things a little more uniform, but the in-hand shots look better than the stock photos.

Feels like in-hand almost always look better than stock.

I agreed, very interesting design and shape. That bottom fin really changes the entire look.

gives me some of the Cobra F9/TM Sim Max feel on the profile. Just dragging that CG low and deep.

Back