Tour Edge Exotics 722 Drivers

Could be one offs, but just wanted to let them know
You bet....and I've been checking mine after every round just in case.

Adapter showed up today, but haven't heard anything from the pro shop I dropped my shaft off at to get the Callaway adapter pulled off. Need to swing by tomorrow and see what's up I guess 🤬

Used the E722 driver yesterday and was thoroughly impressed. Even though my fairways hit weren't great my misses were still very playable, like yards off the fairway. I arguably only had 2 bad drives on the day, but got unlucky on a few holes where I rolled into the rough through the fairway or just missed ever so slightly.

Image below from yesterday's round
Light blue line - performance average
Dark blue line - total average
Green line - longest
Screenshot_20220807-151907_Shot Scope.jpg

SG driving was also through the roof 😲. I think putting should have been higher as I felt I putter with the Wingman 706 well...but those couple three putts and not as many one putts as a 15 handicapper probably hurt my SG there. My short game is garbage, obviously I need to work on 20-70y shots
1659900101269.png

Where in the hell did I set that adapter...

I played the E722 driver more tonight than I ever have in a league night. Shot my best scores in the process. Very forgiving.

I played the E722 driver more tonight than I ever have in a league night. Shot my best scores in the process. Very forgiving.
I always wonder when people talk forgiving, is it more about less distance loss when you don't hit the middle, or less hook/slice when mishit? Or both?

Well, both I guess. In general what I have seen with this driver is that it keeps me in play. If I hit it on the heel, the ball flight is a cut (not a big slice) and more often than not it’s in the fairway or in the first cut.
On toe shouts, the ball holds it’s line with slightly less distance.
The dispersion with this club is tighter than other drivers I have played. I have to put a real $h!tty swing on it to lose a ball off the tee.
Hope that helps explain my version of forgiving.

• Appreciation
Reactions: Bus
I always wonder when people talk forgiving, is it more about less distance loss when you don't hit the middle, or less hook/slice when mishit? Or both?
I can say, with this one, more draw off the toe. Great gear effect. And minimal distance loss on those mishits. The head really wants to put back spin on the ball, not side spin. It's one of the main reasons why I have had to dial my E722 down to a 7.5° loft.

• Appreciation
Reactions: Bus
Thanks for the quick responses, appreciate it.

Went to the pro shop today hoping they had just forgotten to call me, but nope, shaft had been there almost 2 weeks and nobody had touched it! 🤬

Think I might just diy a shaft puller and do it myself.

I will echo the comments on forgiveness and it's more along the lines of less distance loss on hits away from the center (because I'm human).

If you look at an image I shared in here a couple weeks ago where I went head to head with an LTDx and the E722. Yes the LTDx had a few longer shots, but it also had way more shots that were shorter than the E722 just due to a miss hit and the ball not traveling as far.

The C722 continues to be a beast for me. Based on Shot Scope and the 6 rounds I've had it, I'm only hitting 45% of fairways with it, but those misses are manageable and not costing me strokes off the tee. Even though it counts other clubs off the tee in calculating strokes gained, I'm 2.09 strokes gained off the tee for my handicap group and it's the strongest part of my game right now.

The C722 continues to be a beast for me. Based on Shot Scope and the 6 rounds I've had it, I'm only hitting 45% of fairways with it, but those misses are manageable and not costing me strokes off the tee. Even though it counts other clubs off the tee in calculating strokes gained, I'm 2.09 strokes gained off the tee for my handicap group and it's the strongest part of my game right now.
2 strokes gained at your handicap level is HUGE!

2 strokes gained at your handicap level is HUGE!
The combo of distance and accuracy is a huge advantage. I've had 2 rounds where I struggled some, but the other rounds have been between 3 and 4 strokes gained.

24 hour cure, 18 hour set time. You might get away with it, but, personally, I’d wait.

Back