Tour Edge Exotics 722 Fairway Woods and Hybrids

How's everyone with the E722 like it off the deck? I'm still gaming a XCG7 Beta and love it off the tee and the fairway. TEE will definitely get a look from me when I finally upgrade.

Long shot question. Know it's an old club, but anyone playing the E722 also hit the old XCG7 and be able to compare?
I have the C722 not the E but had the XCG7 Beta and it is one of my all time favorites. The C reminds of the Beta and is going to be more similar to it than the E based on the profile and both being the lower spin, better player design.

I have the C722 not the E but had the XCG7 Beta and it is one of my all time favorites. The C reminds of the Beta and is going to be more similar to it than the E based on the profile and both being the lower spin, better player design.
Ahh ok great, thanks for that input. Do you like the C more than the Beta or the Beta still better in your opinion for your game?

Ahh ok great, thanks for that input. Do you like the C more than the Beta or the Beta still better in your opinion for your game?
Good question. I wish I still had the Beta to compare. Going off memory, I hit the Beta higher off the tee and I’m guessing it would be the higher spinning of the two. I had the Black Tie in the Beta and the Tensei White in the C. Not sure if it’s due to the shaft or head, but I am liking the lower, flatter trajectory of the C.
Don’t know if it’s possible for you, but if you can try the C first, I would recommend it. Tour Edge also offers a 30 day return policy on the purchases I believe.

Good question. I wish I still had the Beta to compare. Going off memory, I hit the Beta higher off the tee and I’m guessing it would be the higher spinning of the two. I had the Black Tie in the Beta and the Tensei White in the C. Not sure if it’s due to the shaft or head, but I am liking the lower, flatter trajectory of the C.
Don’t know if it’s possible for you, but if you can try the C first, I would recommend it. Tour Edge also offers a 30 day return policy on the purchases I believe.
Thanks that's awesome feedback. They sure do. Love how Tour Edge operates.

Also, when I eventually do upgrade maybe I'll send ya the Beta to toy around with if I still have it :)

Also, when I eventually do upgrade maybe I'll send ya the Beta to toy around with if I still have it :)
Don’t tease me

Terrible y*ps with this club right now. It's not the club's fault. It's mine. But I haven't hit a playable shot with this club in WEEKS

Terrible y*ps with this club right now. It's not the club's fault. It's mine. But I haven't hit a playable shot with this club in WEEKS
It'll come back...just be patient

You know what's got you off at all? Know you said you've really liked the club not long ago.

You know what's got you off at all? Know you said you've really liked the club not long ago.
Oh, I love the club. There's a quirk somewhere in my swing. This is the ONLY club with the issue.

Oh, I love the club. There's a quirk somewhere in my swing. This is the ONLY club with the issue.
I feel the same way with my E722 fairway wood. Sometimes it's outstanding others it's like I lost the swing. It has always been like this with fairways or hybrids so it is not the club, it's a flaw in my swing

Looking forward to more reviews from the TEEm members on this one.

I used the 3w twice on Wednesday. Both off the tee. One was a beautiful high draw that laid up in the fairway to a perfect yardage and lead to a birdie.

Next hole, stone cold top that had so much spin that is landed and stop on the next tee box.

It's a 100% me issue on this one. Despite how improperly I'm making, I've only had to tighten the weight once.

My C722 3wood just continues to perform. I have noticed , it performs best for me when I put a nice smooth swing on it. The ball just jumps off the face when I swing smooth. When I try to get after it, I’ve realized “nothing good comes from that”.
There are 2 holes on the course we play during league that’s are tight driving holes. The C722 has become automatic off the tee on these holes for me. Long and straight always leaving me in a great position.

The C722 13* has solidified its place in the bag. I really liked my Srixon 15*, but I mainly use my 3w as a secondary off the tee option and I like that I can flight it down when needed. It is also an absolute bomber and its been fun seeing some ridiculous distance from it. All I need to do is put a smooth swing on it and the C722 just goes. I am in a good spot with the C722 right now.

The C722 13* has solidified its place in the bag. I really liked my Srixon 15*, but I mainly use my 3w as a secondary off the tee option and I like that I can flight it down when needed. It is also an absolute bomber and its been fun seeing some ridiculous distance from it. All I need to do is put a smooth swing on it and the C722 just goes. I am in a good spot with the C722 right now.
I'm mean, dollar for dollar, the C722 is probably the best thing out there right now.

I'm mean, dollar for dollar, the C722 is probably the best thing out there right now.
Pound for pound, nothing comes close.

I have the E722 16.5°. I am not overly comfortable with it off a tee. When well struck it gets as much distance as my TM Stealth 16.5°.

Off the turf, I feel more comfortable with the E722 due to the shallower face. I have no problem launching the ball with this fairway wood either.

I do not hit a fairway wood many times in a round, because I am very comfortable/confident in my E722 driver and on shorter holes, I've defaulted to my TEE Ti-Utility because I've been more accurate with it from the tee. If I have a fairway or light rough lie on an approach to a par 5 I'll gladly take the 3w if I need to advance the ball 230y+ off the turf.

It was a good round with the C722 3w yesterday.

Figured out some swing stuff that was causing headaches with the 3w (and nothing else). It's such a good club to have confidence in. It's almost not fair to have such a good second option off the tee.

I'm going to leave this here for some thoughts...Light blue (farthest distance) E722 driver, green E722 16.5° 3w, Orange Stealth 16.5° 3w, darker blue (shortest distance) C722 22° Ti-Utility

All distances shown are carry distance

20220718_074423.jpg

Last edited:
I'm going to leave this here for some thoughts...Light blue (farthest distance) E722 driver, green E722 16.5° 3w, Orange Stealth 16.5° 3w, darker blue (shortest distance) C722 22° Ti-Utility

View attachment 9105335
For the 4 clubs above, I removed none from the driver, none from the Ti-Utility, 2 from the E722 3w and 3 from the TM Stealth. I am not trying to make a case for the Stealth 3w, but I popped up one with the TEE 3w and hit one horribly off the toe, so since I removed those terrible shots, I felt it only right to eliminate the same types of shots from the TM Stealth.

As you can see the TEE holds its own against the Stealth with similar dispersion circles, but the TM Stealth had one that I carried it 248y which was just absurd for a 3w.

As you can see with both 3w's shown I have larger dispersion circles than my driver and my Ti-Utility...only giving up about 10-15y with the Utility and an almost guaranteed FWY hit, I generally go that route off the tee. Then I don't feel any pressure hitting driver on longer holes, even fairly narrow ones with a pretty good dispersion there too and carrying 260y+.

I know I posted this in the FWY and Hybrid thread, but I want to highlight that my swing doesn't produce the best shots with a 3w and I'm having better results with a utility iron and driver (both TEE clubs).

I played yesterday with @Carolina Dundee at the coast and it was windier than I’m used to playing and the C722 13* could not have performed better for me. I’m an internet golfer so I hit the ball high and spin it and with the C722 I had no issues keeping the ball flight lower when I needed it. The distance is there.

I used it exclusively off the tee yesterday when I needed accuracy and it didn’t disappoint.

I played yesterday with @Carolina Dundee at the coast and it was windier than I’m used to playing and the C722 13* could not have performed better for me. I’m an internet golfer so I hit the ball high and spin it and with the C722 I had no issues keeping the ball flight lower when I needed it. The distance is there.

I used it exclusively off the tee yesterday when I needed accuracy and it didn’t disappoint.

Was this the fairway or that driving iron you’re using yesterday?

you hit both of them and your driver disgustingly well.

Was this the fairway or that driving iron you’re using yesterday?

you hit both of them and your driver disgustingly well.
I posted in both the fairway thread and utility. I was playing the C722 13* fairway, C722 9.5 driver and 17* utility.

All distances shown are carry distance

View attachment 9105335
Thanks for posting these, I enjoy looking at the comparative distances and dispersion. I wonder if it's possible you just don't quite get along with the shaft in the 3W, with your driver and utility being much tighter groupings?

Back