Tour Edge Exotics 722 Fairway Woods and Hybrids

Thanks for posting these, I enjoy looking at the comparative distances and dispersion. I wonder if it's possible you just don't quite get along with the shaft in the 3W, with your driver and utility being much tighter groupings?
Same shaft is in the Utility as the 3w, and the driver is the same just 10g lighter weight. I think it's a mental thing with me being "unsure" how to swing a 3w. I get caught up thinking too much in my back swing.

Swing like a driver and slightly up on the ball...no...swing like an iron and down through the ball...no...swing on a flat plane...yes 🤷‍♂️

And by that point all bets are off where I'm hitting it.

I can eliminate some of the severe pulls with a change in the grip to a midsize. I noticed that helped a bunch when I changed the driver grip.

But when hit reasonably well, the distance forgiveness is there...not too much front/back dispersion as the circle is fairly narrow. Left/right is my biggest issue and mostly left

Same shaft is in the Utility as the 3w, and the driver is the same just 10g lighter weight. I think it's a mental thing with me being "unsure" how to swing a 3w. I get caught up thinking too much in my back swing.

Swing like a driver and slightly up on the ball...no...swing like an iron and down through the ball...no...swing on a flat plane...yes 🤷‍♂️

And by that point all bets are off where I'm hitting it.

I can eliminate some of the severe pulls with a change in the grip to a midsize. I noticed that helped a bunch when I changed the driver grip.

But when hit reasonably well, the distance forgiveness is there...not too much front/back dispersion as the circle is fairly narrow. Left/right is my biggest issue and mostly left
Ahh ok that makes sense. Yeah you definitely are pretty consistent distance wise. I am definitely not the one to help with any mental thoughts 😆

Playing a short 9 hole course on Saturday purposely going to give the 3w a go from the tee to see how it goes. Depending on the crowd at the course I might play a 2nd 9 and either go driver or Ti-Utility off the tee for the replay 9 to see the score and stat difference

Played a league match tonight and had several opportunities to put the C722 3wood into play. Each time it performed beautifully. Par 5 (13th hole, played the back), from the fairway about 230 out. Nice penetrating ball flight, straight as an arrow, just short of the green on the apron. 17th hole, tight driving hole, dead straight off the tee, blind landing area, landed bottom of the hill, leaving me about 120 to the green. I was only about 5 yds short of the guy I was playing and he hit his driver on the screws. He thought he had the advantage off the tee until we both got to our balls.
The other times I used it were low controlled punch shots that came out of the rough and left me in very good position. It really showed it’s versatility tonight!

Played 2 nines today and exclusively used the 3w off the tee for one of them. Here are my results...TLDR ➡ 😕

0/5 fairways, used a 5i off one tee because a creek crossed at 220y and needed to carry 240y to safely clear it...driver is really the play there, but didn't want to "overpower" the course when trying to play with just the 3w off the tee
Averaged 230y off the tee missed all left...2 wildly left (one went OB)...rehit off the tee was a safety shot with the 3w that only went 220y, still pulled left

Shot +4 with 2 doubles, 2 bogies, 2 birdies

Approach shots and putting were on point...one double and both bogies were the result of a poor tee shot with the FWY

Not the clubs fault as I put it out there 240-245 on those holes...just terrible direction and ended up punching out of trees, well except for the OB one

The tops are gone. Now I need to figure out the block fades.

Struck the C722 3w from off the turf tonight and it was, without a doubt, the longest shot I've ever had off the deck. 275 total. Just silly distance.

Just to give this a little bumpty bump, the "y-words" are gone and this thing is an absolute bomber again.

Had a short "range" session in the garage after work tonight and I think I might have found something with the E722...I was hitting it lower on the face which spun up a touch more but I couldn't miss the center line on the virtual range. 235-240y carry with roll-out to around 250y and a tiny dispersion circle...I can go look at the session, but it was probably 10y, maybe 15y total L/R miss. This is taking out the 3 or 4 I had where I was getting warmed up and comfortable with the 3w...I had one that I went under and fluffed about 215y and 3 pull hooks that went about 240y but would have only been in play on a dogleg left.

Ti Utility 4 iron is a ponder for me...

Many of you gaming one? Love it?

I'm gaming it...love it 90% of the time...the other 10% of the time no golf club will help the terrible swing I put on the ball

I’m pondering one as well. I have the Ti 2 and love it. Don’t see why I would feel the same with the 4.

You haven't purchased one yet???
Not yet. My current 4i hits the gap nicely with my 5i and the 2. I may see how it plays out. The Ti 4 would be fun.

Only used this twice yesterday once off the tee and once out of a crazy up hill lie that I had 220y to the pin. I hit both shots nearly perfect. I can hit this club 245-250 on the LM regularly so I know that's about the max I could see on the course. The shot out of the rough was after an absolutely horrendous tee shot with an iron to "play it safe". I left myself on the back side of a very large hill 220y away. With the slope adding significant launch and height to the 3w, I knew it would take distance off...little did I know that I absolutely nuked it from that lie and carried it 230y and it settled in a grass bunker behind the green.

The tee shot was a thing of beauty and I will show you the result from the Shot Scope image below. The hole is only 235y, but it plays about 10-15y uphill and to cut the corner, you need to go over some fairly large trees on the right. My initial thought was to just hit a 200y shot off the tee to the fairway out left, but everyone else in my group was going for the green. Driver was too much, and the Ti-Utility wouldn't get there either with it maxing out at like 225y on flat ground. So time to pull the 16.5° E722. I hit the tee shot on a bee line right over the left side of the trees in the image...now looking where the ball ended up I have to guess it landed on the grass/rough just past the bunker and shot left... everyone in my group thought I drove the green because while we couldn't see the green, we knew about where it was. The shot only shows it went 225y, but add 10-15y uphill and it went 235-240y. I don't know if I could have hit that shot better and it was the perfect situation...(my short game is garbage so I only walked out with a par😕).

Screenshot_20220807-142212_Shot Scope.jpg

Only used this twice yesterday once off the tee and once out of a crazy up hill lie that I had 220y to the pin. I hit both shots nearly perfect. I can hit this club 245-250 on the LM regularly so I know that's about the max I could see on the course. The shot out of the rough was after an absolutely horrendous tee shot with an iron to "play it safe". I left myself on the back side of a very large hill 220y away. With the slope adding significant launch and height to the 3w, I knew it would take distance off...little did I know that I absolutely nuked it from that lie and carried it 230y and it settled in a grass bunker behind the green.

The tee shot was a thing of beauty and I will show you the result from the Shot Scope image below. The hole is only 235y, but it plays about 10-15y uphill and to cut the corner, you need to go over some fairly large trees on the right. My initial thought was to just hit a 200y shot off the tee to the fairway out left, but everyone else in my group was going for the green. Driver was too much, and the Ti-Utility wouldn't get there either with it maxing out at like 225y on flat ground. So time to pull the 16.5° E722. I hit the tee shot on a bee line right over the left side of the trees in the image...now looking where the ball ended up I have to guess it landed on the grass/rough just past the bunker and shot left... everyone in my group thought I drove the green because while we couldn't see the green, we knew about where it was. The shot only shows it went 225y, but add 10-15y uphill and it went 235-240y. I don't know if I could have hit that shot better and it was the perfect situation...(my short game is garbage so I only walked out with a par😕).

View attachment 9110749
Great shot. I am so happy with the top end of the bag that being part of TEEm Tour Edge has given me. I had a great day off the tee with the driver, fairway, and utility.

Great shot. I am so happy with the top end of the bag that being part of TEEm Tour Edge has given me. I had a great day off the tee with the driver, fairway, and utility.
I like the top end of my bag too...I'm partially curious about a TEE C722 15° turned down to 14° (no chance I'd even glance at that 13°)

I like the top end of my bag too...I'm partially curious about a TEE C722 15° turned down to 14° (no chance I'd even glance at that 13°)
Maybe add a E722 7w for a swap spot with the Ti-Utility 4i if I need some more height

Do you have anything in that spot now or is the 4w the strongest loft you have?

Do you have anything in that spot now or is the 4w the strongest loft you have?
4w is the strongest spot in the bag besides driver and while the E722 has been great I'm thinking to myself could I sneak out 15 more yards off the tee with a very straight ball flight? I watched my brother crush his 3w all day yesterday because after 3 holes his driver wasn't cooperating and he would be 5y-10y behind my driver and if I hadn't had a very good driving day, he would have had prime position

4w is the strongest spot in the bag besides driver and while the E722 has been great I'm thinking to myself could I sneak out 15 more yards off the tee with a very straight ball flight? I watched my brother crush his 3w all day yesterday because after 3 holes his driver wasn't cooperating and he would be 5y-10y behind my driver and if I hadn't had a very good driving day, he would have had prime position
Did you have a C722 at one point?

Back