Tour Edge Exotics C721 and E721 Irons

Well.... Compared the TE C721 4 Iron to my PXG 0311P 4 Iron.... and I'll be making a change tonight for my league match. Numbers don't lie and these are really staggering and insightful. As I did last time I hit 15 shots with each club on my Skytrak using the 2021 PV1 ball. I deleted the outliers and narrowed them down to the 10 longest shots. I didn't feel as though my swing was really efficient with the PXG as it's normally a 205 club - not today though - but it could be a myriad of things locking me up. I think I am going to head to PXG and have them take a look at the lofts/lies of my current irons tho and make sure they are where they need to be.

As you see below, everything, and I mean everything, is better with the TE C721. I can tell you that the best shots I had with the C721 I swung with no real intent to kill the ball but really just easy peasy. I deleted the information about the sidespin to help fit the info on the page but I can tell you that I had a standard Rt to Lt flight with the PXG and my average offline was 6 yards left. My average offline with the TE's..... 0 (zero) yards.

Look at the data below and let me know if you have any questions or reactions. Truly eye-opening.

Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 1.34.01 PM.png

We have a shaft video coming up soon where we used this head as the club head. Remarkable how well it performs.

Pretty sure @Canadan will have some thoughts on the long iron soon as he continually hit it so freaking well on the course this past week.
Just posted my Skytrak numbers with the 4 iron. Really crazy unbelievable. there will be a new 4 iron in the bag tonight for league.

Jeebus. More speed, more launch, more spin and higher descent. I wonder if it would be the same for the whole set. Hopefully you get a chance to put the whole set into play and find out.

I would give the edge in forgiveness to the 721s. Although I’m not a real fan of sound and feel on a less than center strike. Without a doubt you know when you strike it out toward the toe. Would love the tech in these in a slightly trimmer head design.
Agreed on the size profile. I'm not opposed to the size in the longer irons, just would like something slimmer in P-7 though.

Well.... Compared the TE C721 4 Iron to my PXG 0311P 4 Iron.... and I'll be making a change tonight for my league match. Numbers don't lie and these are really staggering and insightful. As I did last time I hit 15 shots with each club on my Skytrak using the 2021 PV1 ball. I deleted the outliers and narrowed them down to the 10 longest shots. I didn't feel as though my swing was really efficient with the PXG as it's normally a 205 club - not today though - but it could be a myriad of things locking me up. I think I am going to head to PXG and have them take a look at the lofts/lies of my current irons tho and make sure they are where they need to be.

As you see below, everything, and I mean everything, is better with the TE C721. I can tell you that the best shots I had with the C721 I swung with no real intent to kill the ball but really just easy peasy. I deleted the information about the sidespin to help fit the info on the page but I can tell you that I had a standard Rt to Lt flight with the PXG and my average offline was 6 yards left. My average offline with the TE's..... 0 (zero) yards.

Look at the data below and let me know if you have any questions or reactions. Truly eye-opening.

View attachment 9015908
Love the data confirming what I also saw in the long irons. More distance, carry, and better dispersion.

Jeebus. More speed, more launch, more spin and higher descent. I wonder if it would be the same for the whole set. Hopefully you get a chance to put the whole set into play and find out.
I'm going to play the whole set tonight. (The heck with team score!). I'll add Arccos data with it as well.

We have a shaft video coming up soon where we used this head as the club head. Remarkable how well it performs.

Pretty sure @Canadan will have some thoughts on the long iron soon as he continually hit it so freaking well on the course this past week.
I will be very interested in this one. I mean I like my C721's and the forgiveness and I have 2 rounds coming this weekend, Playing "home course" Saturday am and then I get to play Colonial Monday am from being a Marshall this year. I will have no other irons in the bag for these rounds. But i truly believe that a different shaft for these heads would be even better. Ordered with Elevate 95's but they are BO'd so i gothic in 85 XP's. Need something a little heavier and with VSS or Graphite.

I'm going to play the whole set tonight. (The heck with team score!). I'll add Arccos data with it as well.

Based on those numbers, team score should get significantly better since they are better than the PXG across the board.

View attachment 9015908
Love this data, I know for a fact not he course my ball flight is higher off the club and in turn sits softer. Guys i normally play with remark about the ball flight AND how i seem to blow it past them with hardly any effort. the ball jumps off the C721's

I will be very interested in this one. I mean I like my C721's and the forgiveness and I have 2 rounds coming this weekend, Playing "home course" Saturday am and then I get to play Colonial Monday am from being a Marshall this year. I will have no other irons in the bag for these rounds. But i truly believe that a different shaft for these heads would be even better. Ordered with Elevate 95's but they are BO'd so i gothic in 85 XP's. Need something a little heavier and with VSS or Graphite.
VSS, and the Elevate 95's in general, have been impressive thus far. Lucky to have gotten them since it seems like they are BO now. Not my typical shaft weight, and took some getting used to, but have been fun. Hopefully you get along with the 85's, or find something that will work @donny475

What's interesting here (I think it is....) is that I bought my PXG's about a month or so before I really started to engage on THP. My daughter's coach is a rep for them and he set me up to get my specs for free. I hit them so well at the store and they were on sale for the same price as a new set of Callaways or others that I decided to pull the trigger - so it's been tough for me to break away from them - I also love love love the feel when hit purely.

Yet...... My game right now is not super consistent since I got them so now is the perfect time to put the TE's fully into play for a while and see what comes of it. It'll be a bit different as the shaft weight is a third less than my current shaft - 120 grams vs. 80 grams.

What's interesting here (I think it is....) is that I bought my PXG's about a month or so before I really started to engage on THP. My daughter's coach is a rep for them and he set me up to get my specs for free. I hit them so well at the store and they were on sale for the same price as a new set of Callaways or others that I decided to pull the trigger - so it's been tough for me to break away from them - I also love love love the feel when hit purely.

Yet...... My game right now is not super consistent since I got them so now is the perfect time to put the TE's fully into play for a while and see what comes of it. It'll be a bit different as the shaft weight is a third less than my current shaft - 120 grams vs. 80 grams.
I find with them 80 gram shaft I have to concentrate on nice smooth tempo. Which sometimes is hard for me. Hope they work out well for you with set in play. My son and I have a tournament to play in 10 days. Not sure I can commit to putting the 721s in the bag for that weekend. Couple more rounds this weekend in Colorado you never know they may find a home in the bag.

View attachment 9015908
Those numbers are crazy good with C721 4 iron.

View attachment 9015908
These results are comparative to what I saw in my PW and 8 iron comparison. I’ll get some range time in this weekend and a couple rounds preparing for a tournament. Will give them a shot at making the tournament bag. No guarantees

Looking forward to this. Going to the current TE shaft offerings from my i95 shafts has had its issues. Given time to adapt I think the rdx is a viable option. Would like to try these with recoil 95.

"It's not you - it's me...."

That was the line I lived by last night at league as I put the C721's into play. I wish I could report on my best round ever but I can't. It felt like it was one of my worst I've had in a long long time yet I found a way to scrape a score of 40 out. My entire swing was off and thus it didn't do any justice for the C721's. I'm really thinking it's the difference in the weighting of the shafts that caused me some issues last night - again "It's not you C721's, it's me."

What I can tell you is that when I hit them properly, they acted in the manner as described on here many many times. High, long ball flight, steep descent angle to hold greens, forgiving with a mishit or two, and the ball seems to go and go and go. They'll continue to get time in the bag and I'll let y'all know how they go.

"It's not you - it's me...."

That was the line I lived by last night at league as I put the C721's into play. I wish I could report on my best round ever but I can't. It felt like it was one of my worst I've had in a long long time yet I found a way to scrape a score of 40 out. My entire swing was off and thus it didn't do any justice for the C721's. I'm really thinking it's the difference in the weighting of the shafts that caused me some issues last night - again "It's not you C721's, it's me."

What I can tell you is that when I hit them properly, they acted in the manner as described on here many many times. High, long ball flight, steep descent angle to hold greens, forgiving with a mishit or two, and the ball seems to go and go and go. They'll continue to get time in the bag and I'll let y'all know how they go.
It took me a bit to get used to the shaft weight difference. I'd be curious to see how they play for you once you get a few more rounds in.

It took me a bit to get used to the shaft weight difference. I'd be curious to see how they play for you once you get a few more rounds in.
I’ll keep them in play. I’m going to change out the grips as well and go to the MCC Plus 4 to match the rest of my bag.

I’ll keep them in play. I’m going to change out the grips as well and go to the MCC Plus 4 to match the rest of my bag.

Right after the first round i pulled all the grips and put on Golf Pride Tour Velvets.

View attachment 9015908
WOW crazy numbers. Good choice going with the C721 and good luck in your league match!

These results are comparative to what I saw in my PW and 8 iron comparison. I’ll get some range time in this weekend and a couple rounds preparing for a tournament. Will give them a shot at making the tournament bag. No guarantees
I hope they make the bag or at least get more time for review purposes.

They are such a fun and forgiving set.

I hope they make the bag or at least get more time for review purposes.

They are such a fun and forgiving set.
They will get plenty of bag time after next weekends tournament. They have some promise and are a great club. Will give them a solid month in the bag.

I continue to play them and hit them at the range on a regular basis. Kept them fully in the bag over the last 4 rounds I've played.

When at the range the heads really do what they are intended to do. They fly high, far, and have a great feel when hit correctly (which is all clubs though). In addition, they are pretty darn forgiving. My issue (not with the C721's) is when I'm at the course though. I'm not sure if it has to do with my inability to put the swing together, not feeling the face, or the aspect of hitting shots versus banging balls at the range - but over the last few rounds I've played the worst I've played all year. It's top to bottom though - Driver through putter that has me all twisted - so definitely not the C721 irons. I'll continue to play them - I still love the 4 and 5 iron and they might be the best 2 sticks out of the whole set. Keep grindin'... Taking today off from the course and will playing again tomorrow (possibly, maybe, some chance....) Hopefully it turns around for me.

I continue to play them and hit them at the range on a regular basis. Kept them fully in the bag over the last 4 rounds I've played.

When at the range the heads really do what they are intended to do. They fly high, far, and have a great feel when hit correctly (which is all clubs though). In addition, they are pretty darn forgiving. My issue (not with the C721's) is when I'm at the course though. I'm not sure if it has to do with my inability to put the swing together, not feeling the face, or the aspect of hitting shots versus banging balls at the range - but over the last few rounds I've played the worst I've played all year. It's top to bottom though - Driver through putter that has me all twisted - so definitely not the C721 irons. I'll continue to play them - I still love the 4 and 5 iron and they might be the best 2 sticks out of the whole set. Keep grindin'... Taking today off from the course and will playing again tomorrow (possibly, maybe, some chance....) Hopefully it turns around for me.
Do you think a heavier shaft might help?

SO i got my 3rd round in yesterday morning woitht the C721's and will get another tomorrow play at Colonial. Right now, these are the only irons i am playing and are in my bag to stay for the foreseeable future, So far i have only changed the grips and put on a medium Golf Pride Tour Velvet. The originals were just too small. I had a so-so round yesterday but hit the Irons and the C721 Driver quite well, i will say in the utmost honesty, i was not in the best shape starting off. Friend of the Best half fell Friday evening and we had to run and get her off the garage floor and to the ER. I got 2 and a half hours sleep before heading to the course. Got about 15-20 balls on the range and off i went. The C721 irons continue to impress me when i hit them and they fly high! I will reiterate that i asked for Elevate 95's for a higher launch with the lofts being somewhat stronger than my previous set. They were Back Ordered and i got TrueTemper XP 85's in them, would have been possibly another 6 weeks. Anybody have any 95's they would like to send me, even better yet 105's, I will swap them out and continue the experiment with another view point. Right now i am swinging well with he 85's, just seem a little light and old hands would appreciate the VSS.
That being said, i shot an 80 yesterday and i was only because of trying to jump on a couple of drives into the wind resulting in a pull hook both times that also resulted in there being water left and a drop and a double on both those holes. I had 2 birdies and one was an approach with the 7 from 165 and a 6 iron from 178. Both times were shots that were dead straight and sat like a small child dropped into the ball pit at Chucky Cheese. Have i said i love the launch on these?
Don't get me wrong, I like the way they are playing right now, i just think i could make them better, for me at least.
The sound of the ball off of the face is great, the feel when you hit the center of the club face, informationally i am playing the Bridgestone Tour B RX. By the way, its long off the Driver as well.
My swing speed on the 7 iron is around 90-92 with a ball speed of 112 last time i checked it. i seem to hit most shots straight or a small dow with these irons and have not hit many fades at all unless i was in the trees right and was trying too. Out of the trees left, i can hot a low draw with ease, the fade i have to work at.
Like i said, I hit a couple of stroke costing shots yesterday for my 80, but they were not from the C721's, these are here to stay right now and I signed up for a year of Tour Edge and I am not disappointed. I will probably play with the Driver shaft some more and if given a chance, do a shaft change on the irons at some point, Heading to play the Colonial to play the Marshall's freebee tomorrow so, More to come! Especially after a good nights sleep tonight, 730 tee time in Fort Worth; I will try to take many pictures and take more notes on what distance i am from the flags and what irons i hit.

Last edited:
Back