Tour Edge Exotics C721 and E721 Irons

Taking a deeper look, so far I'm happy with the gapping I'm seeing. Dont pay attention to the 5i, it's been used only for some punch outs. I also use my 6i for a lot of punch outs, so that's why it's being dragged down a bit. 4i is a little high because I hit it off the tee quite a bit, and that gives me more roll out vs hitting it into the green.

View attachment 9017309
Killin it with the info !!!!
Is the 50 yd gap between the pw and GW accurate ? That seems like a lot to contend with.

Is the 50 yd gap between the pw and GW accurate ? That seems like a lot to contend with.
I play most of my wedge, outside of my PW shots less than full swing, and I'm working towards getting more accurate. So I've been hitting my 50, 54, and 58 degrees from various distances and lies to see what works best, which i think accounts for this gap you see.

As an addition, full swing with my 50* is right around 110. So with this new set being a bit longer, may be an area I need to address in the near future, as the gap is right around 20-25 yards.

As an addition, full swing with my 50* is right around 110. So with this new set being a bit longer, may be an area I need to address in the near future, as the gap is right around 20-25 yards.

Sounds good.

@jmix18 Are you going to bring any of these to Chicago?

Good info @Jman . I have a friend who is honestly bugging the **** out of me about the C's. Convinced they'll be perfect for him. I'm looking forward to a chance to hit them. A little plain, but the C's look pretty good to me for how far I think they're gonna go. I think the KFT comparison sounds like fun.
Did your friend ever end up trying the C's?

Headed home in a couple days. C721 will be placed in bag for a solid month. They will get a true and honest chance at bag.

Has anyone compared either the C721 or E721 to the PXG 0211 Dualcor?

Has anyone compared either the C721 or E721 to the PXG 0211 Dualcor?
I know @jmix18 has hit them against his PXG set, but think it's the 0311 if I'm remembering correctly. If you go back a few pages and look at his comments, you'll get an idea of how they compare both visually and data wise. He included a lot of detailed information, and I'm sure would be happy to answer any specific questions you might have.

I saw that, and the C721s delivered some awesome numbers for him compared to the 0311Ps. But the 0211 DCs are quite different than the 0311Ps.

Right now the 0211 DCs beat out the C721 on price, about the same as the E721.

I know @jmix18 has hit them against his PXG set, but think it's the 0311 if I'm remembering correctly. If you go back a few pages and look at his comments, you'll get an idea of how they compare both visually and data wise. He included a lot of detailed information, and I'm sure would be happy to answer any specific questions you might have.

Did your friend ever end up trying the C's?
Yes. He did. He liked them, but went another way. Wanted the speed/distance and forgiveness, but with a little different look and progression. Ended up in a Honma TR20P/V combo and is very happy. The P's were a pretty close comparison for him.

I've not hit the 0211 DC's. I mean I can always take a trek to the store to do a bit of comparison but I don't know much about the 0211DC's. It looks like they are somewhat in the same framework as the TE's - but not sure on what the blades look like. Sorry I can't be of much help.

I've not hit the 0211 DC's. I mean I can always take a trek to the store to do a bit of comparison but I don't know much about the 0211DC's. It looks like they are somewhat in the same framework as the TE's - but not sure on what the blades look like. Sorry I can't be of much help.
I'm not too familiar with the PXG lineup, so I wasn't sure how similar or different they were from your set.

Hey @Canadan , I know you have a 3i getting ready, but now that you've hit the C721 a few times, what are your overall high level thoughts on the set? Results with the KBS PGI shafts were good, so just wondering what you've thought thus far and if its changed at all since that first video testing them out.

Hey @Canadan , I know you have a 3i getting ready, but now that you've hit the C721 a few times, what are your overall high level thoughts on the set? Results with the KBS PGI shafts were good, so just wondering what you've thought thus far and if its changed at all since that first video testing them out.
I really wish I had more swings with them, honestly.

What I do like, is that I seem to be able to throw pretty much anything at them and come out roses. Reminds me of what I was doing with the Callaway Epic Forged which is a good thing. Once I get a shaft picked for the 3 iron and get it back on the golf course, I'll definitely have more thoughts.

Watching the C721 paired with the KBS PGI Shaft in the video, I am loving those numbers! I Would love to have 7 of the 100's to take out to the garage and replace the XP 85's in mine for playing....I have played a lot of KBS in my life and even tested the TGI the offered in the single irons, but it was a 70 and too light for me. These HOWEVER have stoked me to just go ahead and replace the shafts and just keep on keeping on

Last edited:
Like what I saw in KBS shaft video. 100 gram shaft might be just what I need. I’m committed to play the c721 exclusively for the next month. Health issue which I’m past and a very busy June limited my time with them. I do think a shaft change might be in the future.

I really wish I had more swings with them, honestly.

What I do like, is that I seem to be able to throw pretty much anything at them and come out roses. Reminds me of what I was doing with the Callaway Epic Forged which is a good thing. Once I get a shaft picked for the 3 iron and get it back on the golf course, I'll definitely have more thoughts.
Looking forward to those continued thoughts.

The one thing that has really impressed me in the forgiveness. I'm not a scratch golfer, but over the last 2 rounds, as I gotten comfortable with the Elevate 95's paired with the C721, I've had one shot that was a miss. It was the 4i off the tee, and was a miss low on the face that still got up and rolled out to 190. I'm not hitting center of the face at all times, but the Diamond Face 2.0 just works. I'm sure I'm jinxing myself, but it's the truth with this combo so far. It's fun hitting par 3 greens with great consistency, and also being able to get after them when you need to get a little extra distance.

I want my irons to be accurate, but if I can keep the accuracy and get distance too, win win in my book. The C721's have given me both.

Like what I saw in KBS shaft video. 100 gram shaft might be just what I need. I’m committed to play the c721 exclusively for the next month. Health issue which I’m past and a very busy June limited my time with them. I do think a shaft change might be in the future.
Don't sleep on the Elevate 95's either. Been a great pairing for me, and if the parameters fit what you need for your game definitely worth a shot.

Don't sleep on the Elevate 95's either. Been a great pairing for me, and if the parameters fit what you need for your game definitely worth a shot.
Need to work on swing a little also. Commitment to the 721s also comes with a daily commitment for daily range time on sim.

Need to work on swing a little also. Commitment to the 721s also comes with a daily commitment for daily range time on sim.
Nice. I think once you work it out, you will enjoy these heads a lot.

Nice. I think once you work it out, you will enjoy these heads a lot.
KFTs come out of bag Saturday morning. 721s go in. I need to smooth out my tempo and get my wrists more active in golf swing. Work on it some before last weeks tournament but didn’t want to make some big change. Now is time to make change.

So to prove my point about these irons being accurate and being able to give you distance:

1. Last 2 rounds out: GIR of 56% and 67%, where overall I'm at 43% per Arccos historically over the last year. I've gotten really comfortable with these irons the last few rounds, and it has shown. Out of the rough, out of the fairway, doesn't matter. This club gets through it and has no issues getting the ball elevated.

2. I included this before, but worth another look as I give you an idea of distance. I'm in this spot on this hole nearly every time and I lay up. Wanted to really test out the C721, so I grabbed the 4i and easily cleared the water protecting the green. Just short of the green, but still a shot I did not have before. Had great height and stopped a foot from the pitch mark in the landing area shy of the green. Off the tee the 4i is going 220-230 and in the fairway. Even on low miss hits off the tee, I'm getting 190 yards, and down the middle of the fairway.

Screenshot_20210721-095219.jpg

Ordering arccos today to put on the 721s along with new cp2 midsize grips. Giving them an honest chance.

Back