Tour Edge Exotics C721 and E721 Irons

And this is why I'll have several clubs to try out when I do a fitting this fall. The e721, Srixon, and probably ping 210s. It's great to have choices

Getting 9 holes in later this evening. With some new people checking out the thread, anything you have questions or want me to focus on?

Dang, that's a major yardage on those clubs
Don't underestimate the distance on these irons, they fly high as it is and with he heavier shafts i can control the flight and distance a bit more than the 85's

These irons are just fun, plain and simple. If you are looking at irons this year, you would be doing yourself a disservice not trying these out.

Will be getting the 721s back out on course today as soon as rain moves out. Greens should be nice and receptive. I know the 721s will preform well. Hope my 1st round with arccos does also. The 721s are so forgiving. Couple them with a shaft that is matched to your swing and magic could happen.

Today’s round was very enjoyable. 1st time using arccos also. Clubs with just a grip change preformed remarkable. Had one 8 iron that leaked just a little right. It still ended up pin high just off right edge. Par 3s were special today. Following pics of both. 6 iron into a little right to left wind quartering into us. Then the shot of the day. It will never get old watching a 7 iron fly directly over a 180 yard pin. Actually flew just off back edge landing softly a yard off green. Having issues loading pics. 6 iron 179 into wind 7 iron 191. Will work on screen shots. Again a very enjoyable round from top to bottom on the c721 irons.

I miss those days...probably why I gave up twice trying to remember my swing. 3rd times the charm.

Today’s round was very enjoyable. 1st time using arccos also. Clubs with just a grip change preformed remarkable. Had one 8 iron that leaked just a little right. It still ended up pin high just off right edge. Par 3s were special today. Following pics of both. 6 iron into a little right to left wind quartering into us. Then the shot of the day. It will never get old watching a 7 iron fly directly over a 180 yard pin. Actually flew just off back edge landing softly a yard off green. Having issues loading pics. 6 iron 179 into wind 7 iron 191. Will work on screen shots. Again a very enjoyable round from top to bottom on the c721 irons.
Yes! Glad you had a good round with these! I'll be excited to see how your gapping and yardages, as well as GIR come in through Arccos. These clubs have been good on course for me, and it's fun confirming with the Arccos data.

Last edited:
Yes! Glad you had a good round with these! I'll be excited to see how your gapping and yardages, as well as GIR come in through Arccos. These clubs have been good on course for me, and it's fun confirming with the Arccos data.
Still learning the arccos system but impressed so far. Had to do a little editing on a few holes today.

4781BEA2-457B-4C9D-A253-D665AAF9AC06.png4781BEA2-457B-4C9D-A253-D665AAF9AC06.png888D8C57-4945-4669-BABB-40D4B21B0C13.png

I need he Arrcos

To anyone still watching this thread. I was to say the least pessimistic that the 721 could possible be as good as my KFTs. I’m glad I didn’t give up on them. I had early success with the short irons. Took some time to get accustomed to the long irons. Originally had the elevate 95 shafts swing weight with those were on the heavy side of the scale. Tour Edge swapped me for a set with rdx black. After getting some work out of the way and a golf tournament I have devoted my attention to these irons. Swapped out the Lamkin grips and installed fir cp2 midsize. Took them to course yesterday and I’m a true believer in these. Would love to experiment with a few other shaft options. The c721 head is fast and forgiving. Do yourself a favor if your looking at irons. Give these a shot. They may surprise you as the have me.

To anyone still watching this thread. I was to say the least pessimistic that the 721 could possible be as good as my KFTs. I’m glad I didn’t give up on them. I had early success with the short irons. Took some time to get accustomed to the long irons. Originally had the elevate 95 shafts swing weight with those were on the heavy side of the scale. Tour Edge swapped me for a set with rdx black. After getting some work out of the way and a golf tournament I have devoted my attention to these irons. Swapped out the Lamkin grips and installed fir cp2 midsize. Took them to course yesterday and I’m a true believer in these. Would love to experiment with a few other shaft options. The c721 head is fast and forgiving. Do yourself a favor if your looking at irons. Give these a shot. They may surprise you as the have me.

Could this be a convert? I know you were leery in the beginning with only 4 shaft options. I also know you ended up being extremely busy with helping another local guy and then getting pulled into a very large project that consumed a LOT of your waking time. I went with a heavier shaft in mine, you went with a shaft change and also grip change and here you are......actually liking the beasts.....they will pull you in

Could this be a convert? I know you were leery in the beginning with only 4 shaft options. I also know you ended up being extremely busy with helping another local guy and then getting pulled into a very large project that consumed a LOT of your waking time. I went with a heavier shaft in mine, you went with a shaft change and also grip change and here you are......actually liking the beasts.....they will pull you in
Yes they do. Really contemplating a PGI shaft, steelfiber or recoil all in the 95 to 100 gram range. Just the simple grip change improved the performance for me. You can’t doubt there quality when that 7 iron flys a 179 yard pin.

I'd like to show you 2 shots I had with the C721's last time out, that show their versatility:

A downhill par 3 playing right around 110 to the flag. I wanted to give the PW a test, so I give it about a half -3/4 swing. Contact was good, and ball stayed right on line. Landed 15 feet short of the hole, for an easy par.
Screenshot_20210802-091157.jpg

Next was an uphill shot playing right around 180 to the pin. C721 driver put me a good position to go for it. Hit a fantastic 5i that has a great flight. Gets up in the air but as you can see, still has distance. Lands on the back fringe and stops right around the ball mark. A good chip put me in position for a birdie, which just lipped out, but another easy par.
Screenshot_20210802-091628.jpg

I'll say this about the C721 irons. In the past I played irons that had a smaller profile. Not blades but Irons like the Srixon 565/765, KZG Tri-Tour (on par with the Srixon 765), Cobra King Forged Tec. I've liked the way these irons looked, and I liked the way the irons played when my swing was on. I'd gladly play any of these and have fun.

But...

Enter the C721 irons. The profile, upon first getting them in hand, was that they were bigger than what I would typically look at. So initial reaction wasn't the best. But now that I've had them on course, I don't notice as much. What I do notice is the consistency. Being a mid handicap, usually between 10-15, I have my ups and downs with irons. But with these, I have had lots of up, and very few downs. The Diamond Face 2.0 provides distance and forgiveness across the face. The feel isn't as good as a fully forged iron, but the accuracy I've seen with the C721, coupled with the distance, make this a fantastic set. That's not to say the feel/sound is bad, just not as good as a forged.

My game doesn't involve working the ball much. It involves hitting, or trying to hit, nice straight shots. These C721's deliver in this category, time and time again. If you want to gain distance, plus forgiveness, these are worth a look. A couple other points:

- Long Irons: The 4 and 5i are long but easy to elevate and hit overall. I usually struggle with the 4 and 5i, like most of us, and went to a Cobra Speedzone 4i off the tee for tight par 4's. So for the last year i've been carrying the regular 4i in my set, and the driving SZ 4i. The C721 has given me another 20 yards compared to the Cobra SZ, with as much point and shoot accuracy. I love having the 4i from the set outperform my driving iron. This opens a spot in my bag!

- All around performance: From the fairway these are good, but from the rough I've had some exceptional shots. My GIR has been higher than my FIR the last few rounds, in large part to the performance of these irons from a variety of lies. Love this about the set!

- All the irons I listed above are great irons, but the C721's, combined with the Elevate 95 shafts from True Temper, have given me fantastic performance. Fully realizing I might jinx myself, I'm still going to say, I'm having some of my best, most constant iron play with this set. I'm having fun round after fun round. I'm hitting shots with more consistency. Last 3 rounds have been 67% GIR, when I was hovering around 44% before. For me and my game, in it's current state, I would take the C721's over the others.

Good morning all -

Got out again with the C721 Irons this last weekend and I'm growing to like them more and more. As @gkeller813 stated above - I wasn't too fond of the size and profile at first because the topline and overall size weren't my cup of tea. However, I don't really notice them anymore. I've noticed that when I swinging smooth and lighter than I normally would the ball really goes. It's a high flight and a great descent angle to the greens. Feel continues to get better and better as I play them. For me they seem to have a draw bias which helps with distance and the runout on the 4 iron is awesome - 230-240 total with it when struck well. One thing I can say is that if you're looking at the C721's make sure that you work to get the correct shaft for your swing. Being an "internet golfer" and seeing reviews on shafts I decided to try graphite (Black RDX Stiff at 80 Grams) and it was the wrong choice for me which caused me to be really hesitant in playing them (normally swing 120-gram shafts). I've found I really have to be deliberate in the swing versus using my natural swing - so there has been a bit of a learning curve as I use them.

Overall continued thoughts are that the C721's really are sleepers in the iron world. Great feel, look, and distance.

I'll say this about the C721 irons. In the past I played irons that had a smaller profile. Not blades but Irons like the Srixon 565/765, KZG Tri-Tour (on par with the Srixon 765), Cobra King Forged Tec. I've liked the way these irons looked, and I liked the way the irons played when my swing was on. I'd gladly play any of these and have fun.

But...

Enter the C721 irons. The profile, upon first getting them in hand, was that they were bigger than what I would typically look at. So initial reaction wasn't the best. But now that I've had them on course, I don't notice as much. What I do notice is the consistency. Being a mid handicap, usually between 10-15, I have my ups and downs with irons. But with these, I have had lots of up, and very few downs. The Diamond Face 2.0 provides distance and forgiveness across the face. The feel isn't as good as a fully forged iron, but the accuracy I've seen with the C721, coupled with the distance, make this a fantastic set. That's not to say the feel/sound is bad, just not as good as a forged.

My game doesn't involve working the ball much. It involves hitting, or trying to hit, nice straight shots. These C721's deliver in this category, time and time again. If you want to gain distance, plus forgiveness, these are worth a look. A couple other points:

- Long Irons: The 4 and 5i are long but easy to elevate and hit overall. I usually struggle with the 4 and 5i, like most of us, and went to a Cobra Speedzone 4i off the tee for tight par 4's. So for the last year i've been carrying the regular 4i in my set, and the driving SZ 4i. The C721 has given me another 20 yards compared to the Cobra SZ, with as much point and shoot accuracy. I love having the 4i from the set outperform my driving iron. This opens a spot in my bag!

- All around performance: From the fairway these are good, but from the rough I've had some exceptional shots. My GIR has been higher than my FIR the last few rounds, in large part to the performance of these irons from a variety of lies. Love this about the set!

- All the irons I listed above are great irons, but the C721's, combined with the Elevate 95 shafts from True Temper, have given me fantastic performance. Fully realizing I might jinx myself, I'm still going to say, I'm having some of my best, most constant iron play with this set. I'm having fun round after fun round. I'm hitting shots with more consistency. Last 3 rounds have been 67% GIR, when I was hovering around 44% before. For me and my game, in it's current state, I would take the C721's over the others.
Good morning all -

Got out again with the C721 Irons this last weekend and I'm growing to like them more and more. As @gkeller813 stated above - I wasn't too fond of the size and profile at first because the topline and overall size weren't my cup of tea. However, I don't really notice them anymore. I've noticed that when I swinging smooth and lighter than I normally would the ball really goes. It's a high flight and a great descent angle to the greens. Feel continues to get better and better as I play them. For me they seem to have a draw bias which helps with distance and the runout on the 4 iron is awesome - 230-240 total with it when struck well. One thing I can say is that if you're looking at the C721's make sure that you work to get the correct shaft for your swing. Being an "internet golfer" and seeing reviews on shafts I decided to try graphite (Black RDX Stiff at 80 Grams) and it was the wrong choice for me which caused me to be really hesitant in playing them (normally swing 120-gram shafts). I've found I really have to be deliberate in the swing versus using my natural swing - so there has been a bit of a learning curve as I use them.

Overall continued thoughts are that the C721's really are sleepers in the iron world. Great feel, look, and distance.
Absolutely LOVe seeing you have such success with these irons. After the first round or two, i really do not see the largeness of the top line but i have not touched my previous set since receiving these. I have just gotten comfortable with these. My normal playing partners are just crazy with how far i hit them, one actually ordered. It was fun on par 3's when they would turn and ask what iron i hit, and then just shake thier head.

Absolutely LOVe seeing you have such success with these irons. After the first round or two, i really do not see the largeness of the top line but i have not touched my previous set since receiving these. I have just gotten comfortable with these. My normal playing partners are just crazy with how far i hit them, one actually ordered. It was fun on par 3's when they would turn and ask what iron i hit, and then just shake thier head.
Thanks! It has been fun, and a great set for me. I was lucky to pair them with the Elevate 95's.

But that brings me to the one biggest issue I have with these....

I know you can get custom shafts, but I wish the stock offerings had more than just 4 options. Maybe for the average non-THPer this isn't an issue. But it's one that the TEEm has discussed quite a bit, and I know others on the TEEm have been looking for, or have already made the switch, to other shafts. I know Tour Edge does the testing to get your swing speed matched up with a shaft, but it still seems limited in weight options. I think Tour Edge has a great iron here, but offering more shaft options would, IMO, improve the experience people have.

Thanks! It has been fun, and a great set for me. I was lucky to pair them with the Elevate 95's.

But that brings me to the one biggest issue I have with these....

I know you can get custom shafts, but I wish the stock offerings had more than just 4 options. Maybe for the average non-THPer this isn't an issue. But it's one that the TEEm has discussed quite a bit, and I know others on the TEEm have been looking for, or have already made the switch, to other shafts. I know Tour Edge does the testing to get your swing speed matched up with a shaft, but it still seems limited in weight options. I think Tour Edge has a great iron here, but offering more shaft options would, IMO, improve the experience people have.
From what I understand if you call Tour Edge, they usually have some other options to pick from. Might be an upcharge but should have other options.

I just bought an E521 5w and they were out of the stock Fubuki. They swapped in a Rogue that was available at no extra charge. Granted its the stock shaft in the C521 line but it was cool they offered that as another option.

From what I understand if you call Tour Edge, they usually have some other options to pick from. Might be an upcharge but should have other options.

I just bought an E521 5w and they were out of the stock Fubuki. They swapped in a Rogue that was available at no extra charge. Granted its the stock shaft in the C521 line but it was cool they offered that as another option.
Yep, that's what I thought about giving them a call and they can work with you. And glad they got you hooked up with a shaft that works!

I’m getting along pretty well with the rdx black shaft in them currently after the grip change. Think I’ll leave them as they are at least until I can get in for a shaft fitting. Considering scheduling a fitting at Club Champion just to see what it shows. Hell I might even learn something.

@jmix in your experience did you find that the shorter irons were easier to adapt to the lighter shafts.

C721 3 iron is SUCH a heavy hitter.

It's got a sound that works for me (not loud, a bit deeper than traditional but not hollow or anything gross like that).
It's got a relatively low flight when I hit it well.
I find myself hitting it worse when I work too hard, and hitting it best when I just take a swing and let it fly.

Love it. Full on staple in the bag right now.

C721 3 iron is SUCH a heavy hitter.

It's got a sound that works for me (not loud, a bit deeper than traditional but not hollow or anything gross like that).
It's got a relatively low flight when I hit it well.
I find myself hitting it worse when I work too hard, and hitting it best when I just take a swing and let it fly.

Love it. Full on staple in the bag right now.
These long irons are fun, glad you're seeing the same thing!

Been pondering adding a C721 3i to the bag, because my 4i is currently outdriving my old Cobra SZ 4i by a good 20 yards with more accuracy, so I have an open spot. How do you think the C721 3i compares to a Cobra F9 or Speedzone 4i? I'm guessing lower flight, but since I use it off the tee I don't see this as an issue.

Back