Tour Edge Exotics C721 and E721 Irons

I really don't need any more distance just curious if they would be easy to bend to increase Loft

Standout elements, I'll say 2. The VIRBCOR tech in the head is the real deal. When paired with the VSS of the Elevate shafts, the swing, sound, and feel are all so smooth.

2nd is Diamond Face 2.0. So good across the face retaining ball speeds, and getting the ball into the air. Just a fun head that allows me to be aggressive, because I know my sweet spot is larger than what I previously played.
Sound really surprised me as well. Super solid but not nasty like some of the heads with similar design elements.

Sound really surprised me as well. Super solid but not nasty like some of the heads with similar design elements.
I gave the 4i to a buddy to try off the tee. He never plays a 4i because he can't hit it consistently well enough. First swing 210, right down the middle. He had hit his 6i off the tee before that, and beat it by 30 yards easy, and in a much better position. He just said, that's so smooth, and felt so good.

I really don't need any more distance just curious if they would be easy to bend to increase Loft

I just tried to bend a 7 iron and did so with no issue.

I gave the 4i to a buddy to try off the tee. He never plays a 4i because he can't hit it consistently well enough. First swing 210, right down the middle. He had hit his 6i off the tee before that, and beat it by 30 yards easy, and in a much better position. He just said, that's so smooth, and felt so good.

Goodness that's a nice little 4i right there. How long before he was trying to play out of your bag the rest of the day?

I have not tried to bend them myself, I have heard others say they adjust just fine, I just don't have personal experience with it

Goodness that's a nice little 4i right there. How long before he was trying to play out of your bag the rest of the day?
He grabbed the C721's a few more times after that. All with the same results!

Off the tee with the 4i I've been up to 230 when the fairway gives me some roll. But then I can still hit it into a 200 yard par 3, and the ball with hold the green. Such a good point and shoot club, that offers versatility. It's fun having the confidence to hit a great long iron time and time again.

Interesting! Do yuo think it's helping control the head a bit, while maintaining the distance you're looking for?
Head is much more stable feeling with the 110 gram shaft vs the 80 grams stock shaft. With the light shaft it felt to me that club was toe heavy. Might just be my perception. I truly believe the the c721 and a fitting to match shaft, head and swing to proper shaft might very well be the best kept secret in golf.

Buddy grabbed my 7 iron a few rounds back. 179 yd par 3. Only words out of his mouth was wow as ball flew the pin and green. He since goes to my bag periodically

How many of the TEEm members will have these in the bag at the end of the year?

He grabbed the C721's a few more times after that. All with the same results!

Off the tee with the 4i I've been up to 230 when the fairway gives me some roll. But then I can still hit it into a 200 yard par 3, and the ball with hold the green. Such a good point and shoot club, that offers versatility. It's fun having the confidence to hit a great long iron time and time again.

Had to do a double take, I read it originally as the E721. That's uhh.... not short, at all.

If you had asked that before I changed shafts I would have been a no. Combined with the new shaft and recent results there is a very good chance they remain in bag. There is still that one spot for grand daddy. That could play into bag make up.

As i have said a couple of times, They have not left the bag, Waiting on the 3 wood to arrive and I went and purchased the Pro edition Driver on my own. As my friend Mr. Butler said, there is probably only one thing that would change that at the moment

I just tried to bend a 7 iron and did so with no issue.
As soon as I saw I just tried... I was waiting for you to say and it snapped:)

Had to do a double take, I read it originally as the E721. That's uhh.... not short, at all.
Reading that the E721's are power lofted, I can't imagine what they would do. :oops:

I've kept the C721's in the bag since getting them because they've been so rewarding to hit. More GIR, more distance, and more fun. I'm going to bring my old gamers next time I go to the range to do a comparison, because I'm just curious. But it's going to take something special to knock the C721's out. Not only that, the data supports the C721's.

I've kept the C721's in the bag since getting them because they've been so rewarding to hit. More GIR, more distance, and more fun. I'm going to bring my old gamers next time I go to the range to do a comparison, because I'm just curious. But it's going to take something special to knock the C721's out. Not only that, the data supports the C721's.
What = more fun? Forgiveness on mishits? more distance? What are you using for data compared to your old set?

What = more fun? Forgiveness on mishits? more distance? What are you using for data compared to your old set?
More fun has been both of those. It's been more forgiving across the face, and it has added 5-10 yards per club across the set. I'm hitting shots that stay on line, and land with a decent angle that holds greens.

I'm using Arccos data to compare those distances. I'm also using Arccos to compare GIR from where I was, to where I am now.

More fun has been both of those. It's been more forgiving across the face, and it has added 5-10 yards per club across the set. I'm hitting shots that stay on line, and land with a decent angle that holds greens.

I'm using Arccos data to compare those distances. I'm also using Arccos to compare GIR from where I was, to where I am now.
How much have you improved percentage wise?

The local shop seemed very uninterested in letting me try the E721 compared to the C721 with the few stock shafts they had. Very disappointing, I think I will get more forgiveness from the E but the C line just looked fantastic, I'm thinking either the Elevate for steel or the KBS for graphite. Just so hard to pick without a proper trial available.

I'm going to have my local pro fit me based on some of my previous stuff to find the best length and lie, but I sure with my local course had the tour edge testing set.

Right now I think the CBX Iron-Wood head and Nippon shafts feel a bit heavier, so I wanted to try something a bit lgihter, but I'm wondering if the the KBS in the C head or the Elevate in the E head might be the better setup for me.

Too many options and not a local expert around!

How much have you improved percentage wise?
This year, before playing the C721's I was at right at 40%. With the C721's only I'm at 52%.

Before the C721's I was at 40% overall GIR during the last 2 years, and since the C721's I've raised my overall GIR to 44%

The local shop seemed very uninterested in letting me try the E721 compared to the C721 with the few stock shafts they had. Very disappointing, I think I will get more forgiveness from the E but the C line just looked fantastic, I'm thinking either the Elevate for steel or the KBS for graphite. Just so hard to pick without a proper trial available.

I'm going to have my local pro fit me based on some of my previous stuff to find the best length and lie, but I sure with my local course had the tour edge testing set.

Right now I think the CBX Iron-Wood head and Nippon shafts feel a bit heavier, so I wanted to try something a bit lgihter, but I'm wondering if the the KBS in the C head or the Elevate in the E head might be the better setup for me.

I played the Nippon 105 Steel shafts before with a different head, and play the C721's with the Elevate now. The Combination is great, and I like the lighter weight. Seems to be easier and smoother for me to swing.

It's amazing how much a local shop can make or break it for a new product. Hate to hear you had that experience but it's nice to hear you have other options locally.

I played the Nippon 105 Steel shafts before with a different head, and play the C721's with the Elevate now. The Combination is great, and I like the lighter weight. Seems to be easier and smoother for me to swing.
That's good to hear, that's kind of how I was leaning, really maybe that shaft in either head.
It's amazing how much a local shop can make or break it for a new product. Hate to hear you had that experience but it's nice to hear you have other options locally.
Yeah, it's tough when they have like 3-4 people working but none of them are really hunting to help you, or if you walk in and happen to be more educated on a product than they are. Luckily my course can order from Tour Edge for me and they can help with some fitting of specs before I order, it won't be apples to apples, but the mavrik and mavrik max have similar specs to these.

Back