Tour Edge Exotics C721 and E721 Irons

Super excited to jump in here soon and share some thoughts once my set arrives. I'm coming from Ping i500s which I've had a few years. I'm really optimistic these can give them a run for their money based on the feedback I've seen here.

Super excited to jump in here soon and share some thoughts once my set arrives. I'm coming from Ping i500s which I've had a few years. I'm really optimistic these can give them a run for their money based on the feedback I've seen here.
I didn’t see it.. did you go with c721?

This year, before playing the C721's I was at right at 40%. With the C721's only I'm at 52%.

Before the C721's I was at 40% overall GIR during the last 2 years, and since the C721's I've raised my overall GIR to 44%
That’s fantastic dude!

That's good to hear, that's kind of how I was leaning, really maybe that shaft in either head.

Yeah, it's tough when they have like 3-4 people working but none of them are really hunting to help you, or if you walk in and happen to be more educated on a product than they are. Luckily my course can order from Tour Edge for me and they can help with some fitting of specs before I order, it won't be apples to apples, but the mavrik and mavrik max have similar specs to these.
Tour edge has other shaft options thru custom order last I looked they are not posted on website. Got that info via email from customer service.

Well played! Going to be a lot of fun reading about your experiences, especially with the other guys churning up the thread with activity.

These irons need more love!
Absolutely. Really looking forward to hitting them. Very anxious for their arrival

Have you hit them before? Any predictions before they arrive?
I haven't. Just a wedge here and there. From everything I've read here I predict pretty solid results. They seem to launch great and have a ton of forgiveness built in. I went 1⁰ weak so they are more in line with my current irons. Not necessarily looking to gain distance per se but if they can be straighter that's more my goal. Not married to anything in my bag so I'm ready to go in with open eyes

More fun has been both of those. It's been more forgiving across the face, and it has added 5-10 yards per club across the set. I'm hitting shots that stay on line, and land with a decent angle that holds greens.

I'm using Arccos data to compare those distances. I'm also using Arccos to compare GIR from where I was, to where I am now.
Love that you’re using Arccos to compare.

Craziest thing about these is still the sound to me. @Canadan hitting his blew my mind that they truly did create something excellent there

Love that you’re using Arccos to compare.

Craziest thing about these is still the sound to me. @Canadan hitting his blew my mind that they truly did create something excellent there
I'm a numbers guy by nature, so it's be a lot of fun digging into the data. Once you start looking at the numbers it takes a lot of bias out of the clubs, and you get to look at what will play best for you.

Oh, and @Jman thanks for recommending the Elevate with VSS for these. Great pairing both in feel/sound and performance!

Oh, and @Jman thanks for recommending the Elevate with VSS for these. Great pairing both in feel/sound and performance!
They’re a match designed in heaven for head like these! (y)

I just love the feel of the Elevates with VSS if you are going to play steel. I first hit them in the fall of 2019 and could not believe the feel. The pairing of the 105's in my C721's are pure joy. the stability through the Texas soil and the flight.....awesomeness.

I just love the feel of the Elevates with VSS if you are going to play steel. I first hit them in the fall of 2019 and could not believe the feel. The pairing of the 105's in my C721's are pure joy. the stability through the Texas soil and the flight.....awesomeness.

And the design it literally for irons like these that can be a little low on the spin side. It’s a heck of a tandem I bet!

I'm a numbers guy by nature, so it's be a lot of fun digging into the data. Once you start looking at the numbers it takes a lot of bias out of the clubs, and you get to look at what will play best for you.
Took me a while to jump onboard with arccos. After having them for a while now really enjoy looking at round stats and tracking clubs. Makes reviewing so much easier to have data to backup your thoughts either good or bad.

And the design it literally for irons like these that can be a little low on the spin side. It’s a heck of a tandem I bet!
They are...THey fly so well and the feel.....when you strike the center it is like the rocket shot you never feel....I have less pulls, more center hits, and the shot is so much better. The difference from the XP85 to this is crazy good, I would have had the Elevate 95's in the first place, but they were back ordered 6 weeks minimum. No fault of TE, just got them with a lighter shaft to get the time in with them

They are...THey fly so well and the feel.....when you strike the center it is like the rocket shot you never feel....I have less pulls, more center hits, and the shot is so much better. The difference from the XP85 to this is crazy good, I would have had the Elevate 95's in the first place, but they were back ordered 6 weeks minimum. No fault of TE, just got them with a lighter shaft to get the time in with them
Worth the wait! ;)(y)

At least two, maybe 2.5 rounds scheduled for this weekend, and honestly, one of the things I am most excited about is getting the 3 iron back on the tee box to see if I can fully maximize the power in it. It's kind of exciting, honestly.

It's also put the Super Hybrid in a weird spot, because I have been pulling the 3 iron where I would normally pull the Hybrid.

I'm super excited to see what the Elevates do in the E721 on the course, they were backordered to like 4-6 weeks, hoping it's only 4!

I am assuming these shafts or upgrade, or upsell:)

Wow so great feel and standard no extra charge. I can have my cake and eat it too :)

Played 2 rounds this weekend - and both with the C721 irons. The shaft change has really helped things out for me and the irons are growing on me a bit more each time. Each time I play them though I feel like the head gets bigger and bigger - but they haven't grown still the same size. So just a perspective thing. Ball flight is high and long on these things. Ability to hold the greens is awesome due to the steep descent angle - my ability to hold greens would be better if I hit them - but that's not the iron's fault. As I've said before, they are long. Dropped a 7 iron 195 on Sunday and it felt great! Never thought that I'd worry about hitting my 7 too far... :oops:

Played 2 rounds this weekend - and both with the C721 irons. The shaft change has really helped things out for me and the irons are growing on me a bit more each time. Each time I play them though I feel like the head gets bigger and bigger - but they haven't grown still the same size. So just a perspective thing. Ball flight is high and long on these things. Ability to hold the greens is awesome due to the steep descent angle - my ability to hold greens would be better if I hit them - but that's not the iron's fault. As I've said before, they are long. Dropped a 7 iron 195 on Sunday and it felt great! Never thought that I'd worry about hitting my 7 too far... :oops:
Man I hate it when a well struck ball surprises me.

Back