Tour Edge Exotics C721 and E721 Irons

Played 2 rounds this weekend - and both with the C721 irons. The shaft change has really helped things out for me and the irons are growing on me a bit more each time. Each time I play them though I feel like the head gets bigger and bigger - but they haven't grown still the same size. So just a perspective thing. Ball flight is high and long on these things. Ability to hold the greens is awesome due to the steep descent angle - my ability to hold greens would be better if I hit them - but that's not the iron's fault. As I've said before, they are long. Dropped a 7 iron 195 on Sunday and it felt great! Never thought that I'd worry about hitting my 7 too far... :oops:

Yep, Everyone in a while you look at the yardage and wind and the ball just jumped. I had a shot this past weekend where i was 175 from the pin, right rough to an green that was probably 6 yards up, into a little wind and my ball was on an upslope. i mean 25 degrees, so i swung the 6 thinking its into the wind, elevated green and it going to elevate. I hit it 200 yards......i could to believe it, i guess i hit the center of the club....

Played 2 rounds this weekend - and both with the C721 irons. The shaft change has really helped things out for me and the irons are growing on me a bit more each time. Each time I play them though I feel like the head gets bigger and bigger - but they haven't grown still the same size. So just a perspective thing. Ball flight is high and long on these things. Ability to hold the greens is awesome due to the steep descent angle - my ability to hold greens would be better if I hit them - but that's not the iron's fault. As I've said before, they are long. Dropped a 7 iron 195 on Sunday and it felt great! Never thought that I'd worry about hitting my 7 too far... :oops:
That's SUPER interesting to hear that a head size appears to be getting bigger. I've always felt like even if I am transitioning from a blade, time makes everything relatively 'normal' which I suppose would make them smaller.

That's SUPER interesting to hear that a head size appears to be getting bigger. I've always felt like even if I am transitioning from a blade, time makes everything relatively 'normal' which I suppose would make them smaller.
I know... maybe it was just the day. or... that I was hitting the ball well and couldn't miss? Who knows. 🤷‍♂️

It's like the hole being so large you can't miss a putt. Not sure what that's like if somebody wants to tell me :)

I just got my notification my E721 with Elevate are inbound this week, Tour Edge must have found some Elevate shafts as I was told it would be 4-6 week, kudos to them on over delivering!

I just got my notification my E721 with Elevate are inbound this week, Tour Edge must have found some Elevate shafts as I was told it would be 4-6 week, kudos to them on over delivering!

Good to hear, IO am playing with a new group of guys this weekend over in Rockwall, Can't wait to show off my C721's

Good to hear, IO am playing with a new group of guys this weekend over in Rockwall, Can't wait to show off my C721's
I hope you have another club to show off.

Such a good ball striking day at a totally new course for me. Played Buffalo Creek in Rockwall. I have never played there before and it does have some holes where you drive over a corner, over a hill, some elevated greens , large greens with runoffs and they have recently redone the bunkers. Par'd the first hole from a fairway bunker which was a thrill for me, second hole i airmailed the green with a pitching wedge from 145, double bogey, and off we went. S L O W day....omg people were dragging and we spent the day behind a threesome that could not hit the ball 150 off the tee and it drug on....I had plenty of time to plan out the next shot though and I was with a couple of friends it had not played with for a few notes so we spent out time just catching up. Great day and the loved the C721's and I ended the day with a 79. Just couple wayward shots that were costly for sure, but a great Tour Edge day

These E721 irons with the elevate shafts are truly amazing, I am getting more height and more carry than I ever have before, they feel great when hit well and just fine when not. And even the sound is great, after 1.5 rounds I can't wait to get out again with them!

These E721 irons with the elevate shafts are truly amazing, I am getting more height and more carry than I ever have before, they feel great when hit well and just fine when not. And even the sound is great, after 1.5 rounds I can't wait to get out again with them!
Glad you are enjoying them. I too enjoy the height and distance of my C721/Elevate combo!

Glad you are enjoying them. I too enjoy the height and distance of my C721/Elevate combo!
Good to hear your enjoying them. The 721 release has been good throughout. So far not a lemon in the batch.

Weather has been crap the last couple days but Sunday is looking like the day to get these out on the range to break them in
20210922_123328.jpg

Those look great, enjoy! What shaft did you go with?
Went with the xp85's. Elevates would have been my first choice but they were back ordered. Excited to put some swings on them though

Went with the xp85's. Elevates would have been my first choice but they were back ordered. Excited to put some swings on them though
As you should be. Looking forward to your thoughts!

Spent roughly an hour at the range today with @OhioGolfer and I gotta admit that I came away really impressed. First few swings were not the prettiest but once I adjusted to the clubs I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed hitting them. The heads feel heavier than my previous irons (i500s) but I don't have data to confirm that. The sound I thought was really good. Distance appeared to be in line with what I am used to. Maybe a bit longer but I'll have to get them on the course to know for sure. Dispersion was much more consistent than I normally see. Could have just been a good session, could be the clubs. That will be determined obviously. All in all it was a great first session and I'm even more excited to get them to the course than I was previously.

Spent roughly an hour at the range today with @OhioGolfer and I gotta admit that I came away really impressed. First few swings were not the prettiest but once I adjusted to the clubs I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed hitting them. The heads feel heavier than my previous irons (i500s) but I don't have data to confirm that. The sound I thought was really good. Distance appeared to be in line with what I am used to. Maybe a bit longer but I'll have to get them on the course to know for sure. Dispersion was much more consistent than I normally see. Could have just been a good session, could be the clubs. That will be determined obviously. All in all it was a great first session and I'm even more excited to get them to the course than I was previously.
What shaft are you are you using in the c721

Great stuff. Definitely a set that can perform toe to toe with anything in the category.

How's the ball flight for you?
How's the sound and feel?

What shaft are you are you using in the c721
I have the xp85's in them

Great stuff. Definitely a set that can perform toe to toe with anything in the category.

How's the ball flight for you?
How's the sound and feel?
Flight was nice and high. I have a fairly high flight normally. Maybe slightly higher but nothing crazy. Sound and feel were both pretty good. Like I said the heads feel slightly heavier than my old irons but after a few swings I felt like I adjusted and started hitting some great looking shots

I need to know about those wedges.....

I need to know about those wedges.....
54 and 58. Didn't do any chipping today. Just some half and full swings mainly warm up for the bigger clubs. I'll report back once I get some greenside work in with them

Only hit the 3 iron twice today on the course.

First one I wanted to hit as straight as possible, and absolutely RIPPED it. So good - perfect condition.
Second one, I wanted to turn it over left. I guess it wasn't a great swing because it went straight again hahaha

I'm not mad, those are tidy results off the tee.

What about hitting the c721 through the rough? I hit some ZX5 in the rough which is common for me these days :), and they cut right through with no worries whatsoever oh, they also carried almost the same distance.

What about hitting the c721 through the rough? I hit some ZX5 in the rough which is common for me these days :), and they cut right through with no worries whatsoever oh, they also carried almost the same distance.
They've been good for me, and I haven't noticed a difference from other irons I've played, which includes Srixon 565/765's. I actually play a bit better out of the slight rough than I do the fairway, but that's always been the case. Distance has been very close to what I see from the fairway, barring a nasty lie. Haven't had issues with the clubs getting caught up in the rough.

Back