Tour Edge Exotics C721 Driver, Fairway Woods and Hybrids

Being one that has had TEE clubs in the bag for a really long time, and keep up with what they do pretty closely, I noticed a statement in the write-up that didn't look right to me. About the hybrid, it states "This release, they are implementing carbon fiber for the first time in the company’s history, a big deal for what it is allowing in weight placement to optimize the CG and increase stability. " Not to minimize their continuous improvements in tech, because the C721 uses more carbon fiber than they have ever used before in a hybrid, by quite a bit, but the CBX 119 hybrid had what they called their Carbon Composit Sole. Maybe they are splitting hairs by calling it "carbon fiber" here, and the CBX 119 they called it "Carbon Composit". Of course it's not a big deal, the engineer in me just notices this kind of thing. :facepalm:

View attachment 8992614
It’s in reference to the crown.

@Jman would you say the C721 driver crown shape is more similar to the EXS220 (large, shallower and stretched back), C521 (similar to the EXS220 but perhaps not as stretched out) or the EXS Pro (more traditional, pear shape) ??

These are definitely interesting. I've always wanted to get some time with the TEE offerings, but never made it happen. May need to change this year.

I was holding off buying a 6h to see what TEE had up their sleeve first. Bummer to see they cut out the 6h in this release.
Guess I'll have to go back and maybe try the e521 6h instead.

Kinda cool they launched this release with the signing of the 'Nhard dog

1612897248553.png

Looks like they made the hybrid a little smaller than the EXS220 size wise. It's more like the size of the C521 which is a smaller profile.

I put an exotics 3w in my bag about 20 years ago or so. They almost guaranteed more distance with it. It was long and stayed in bag a while. Then I got newer models of 1w and 3w about 10 years ago. The 1w was replaced a few years ago and the 3w was replaced last year. They have had super product for a long time.

@Jman would you say the C721 driver crown shape is more similar to the EXS220 (large, shallower and stretched back), C521 (similar to the EXS220 but perhaps not as stretched out) or the EXS Pro (more traditional, pear shape) ??
I don’t have one in hand, this was the release. Based on the pics though it looks more 220 than Pro to me.

There is a LOT going on with these!!!! The tech sounds great, and the looks are great. Having never swung any of there offerings it is something that maybe should be looked at.

Interesting look on the driver crown. In my opinion it's a little busy especially coming from how clean looking the EXS220 crown looked.

These guys are serious about this stuff. I love how they keep challenging themselves. I hope all this newness doesnt hurt them in the long run like it did TM back in the day. Love the looks, love the quality of product and people.

Not really a fan of the look of the crown, although that could be easily overcome by stellar performance, but do love all of the tech packed into these. Looks like the adjustable hosel on the driver will still move the shaft orientation, which I am not a fan of. Looking forward to the performance reviews on this line.

These guys are serious about this stuff. I love how they keep challenging themselves. I hope all this newness doesnt hurt them in the long run like it did TM back in the day. Love the looks, love the quality of product and people.
How so? TM had a SKU and release problem, TE doesn’t really have that, do they? Genuine question, not at all arguing. (y)

I am very much into the tech of the 721 hybrids. Not sure what is in my head, but I think these are going to be a show stopper. One of the few new releases I have not had my hands on as of yet, but hoping to rectify that soon.

Ok I am legit estatic that I got to play with the EXS 220 from TEEm- These look to be even better. I for one am a huge fan of the looks. No gimicks and color scheme look awesome. Knowing that they took Diamond Face and reinvented it with improvements is awesome as that and the diffuser have to be the number one and one A items to have that made this lineup special.

I just bought a EXS 220 3W, because the lineup is so good. Now I have TEE leading the top of the bag (driver, 3w and hybo)

TEEm is back - GO SIGN UP!!!! This is a stellar lineup that while value is there I am sure performance will match the lineup.

count me as one who isn't loving the visuals of the driver. but it is hard to ignore a $400 price point on a driver that has rdx blue as a stock option.

now that fairway has my attention. some moveable weight to shift toward the toe, and the rdx blue as stock? all for $250?! dayum, that's impressive. fairway wood is the only spot in my bag that i'm unsure about right now.
I'm with you. I haven't found too many woods that I can hit consistently and for the price of these, they're looking better and better.

@Jman, please don't do a review on these and say they're phenomenal. My wife rolled her eyes on the last club I bought based off your reviews and positive follow ups on the forum.

welp! guess my new driver is settled...i'll hold onto the exs220 3W for now, tho...

Since I have the EXS 220 in fairway and hybrid versions, I will pass and watch the feedback on these. Must wait two iterations.

But these look great - new materials, new face, and Bernhard Langer's face. If Bernhard likes them, they must be super. Can't wait until 2022.;)

Last edited:
I have to say that after testing my Mavrik gamer vs the Tour Edge EXS line driver, I am very surprised at the numbers. The Tour Edge held its weight impressively in carry, ball speed, and total distance for me.

Really like the face of the new driver, it's like there is a target spot to hit the ball.

I don't see an option for a draw version, but maybe that is coming as well.

I love seeing the different shaft options via recommendations

That alignment on the top is fantastic. I'm really digging it which I find myself surprised for doing so.

I have to say that after testing my Mavrik gamer vs the Tour Edge EXS line driver, I am very surprised at the numbers. The Tour Edge held its weight impressively in carry, ball speed, and total distance for me.

Really like the face of the new driver, it's like there is a target spot to hit the ball.

I don't see an option for a draw version, but maybe that is coming as well.
If you’re looking draw, take a look at the 521 offerings

Nice looking clubs, though the sole change was a surprise. Looking forward to the write-ups.

Interesting look on the driver crown. In my opinion it's a little busy especially coming from how clean looking the EXS220 crown looked.

x2 but i think i can get past it...look forward to trying one out.

Back