Tour Edge Exotics C721 Driver, Fairway Woods and Hybrids

Jman

Golf Scrivener
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Over the years I have said it hundreds of times in different articles and releases, change is good. I still stand by that, though I will totally admit that after Tour Edge hit grand slams with their EXS, EXS 220, and EXS Pro releases under their Exotics umbrella I thought for sure we would see another evolution. But this, the Tour Edge Exotics C721 driver and metal woods that are being unveiled today, is something totally unexpected. 

Tour-Edge-Exotics-C721-Metalwoods-1.jpg

Now some of you are rolling your eyes and thinking I’m here making something bigger than it is, however, I assure you as we dive in you will see that though the building...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Staff
I’m eager to hear everyone’s thoughts on this one, I know tech size I’m eager to hit them, but it’s definitely a departure!

Oh well then. I see you tour edge.

Very techy design that stands out. don't hate it.
seems like a ton of carbon fiber in a still relatively cheap package.

I still feel like getting these in hands for people to try is the biggest hurdle, mine included.

Tons of great info in that article. While the look is a departure from their recent woods, it helps show that this is a stable driver. It wouldn’t turn me off from trying it!

The price point is insane for a driver with that much tech.Tour Edge is taking some huge swings lately and this one will be the same way.

Looks wise, all lines look better. 521 better than before and C721 looks a bit better than EXS.

As being a Tour Edge hybrid user, I love all the new tech being employed on all their releases. Having never used one of their drivers, this has me in serious ponder mode as I would love to give it a whirl. Great write up as always James!

• Staff
As being a Tour Edge hybrid user, I love all the new tech being employed on all their releases. Having never used one of their drivers, this has me in serious ponder mode as I would love to give it a whirl. Great write up as always James!
That hybrid has my FULL attention this year

I love that they are bringing these out with some high quality shafts also. Love me some HZRDUS!

It all looks good to me, but Tour Edge always has my attention. I've got an aging TEE 20* hybrid in the bag that just might be in danger of losing its place!

Great write up @Jman !!

All that carbon fiber looks good and allows for some weight transfer. I'm not as much of a fan of the color scheme vs the EXS 220 line, but it's not bad. If they can improve on the prior iteration, watch out! Sounds like a great evolution for Tour Edge Exotics!

Another great writeup by James. Tour Edge in my view has always meant sensational value, and this release looks to up the bang for the buck.

My first hybrids were part of a Tour Edge combo set and they were stupid easy to hit.

Yet more great options to ponder.

Very surprising. It reminds me of the Cobra Amp Cell woods.

Loved the look of last years line but this is sharp as well! Cant wait to hit these!

Thank you for the write up, James!

I saw them post this pic on Twitter;

1612892506598.png

I'm surprised with the Exotics branding, that they didn't go a touch more subtle and wash out the CF on the crown.

I'd almost take a flyer on the 25* hybrid with the 30 day trial guarantee.

Thank you for the write up, James!

I saw them post this pic on Twitter;

View attachment 8992603

I'm surprised with the Exotics branding, that they didn't go a touch more subtle and wash out the CF on the crown.
Thanks buddy!

Yeah, they’re definitely flexing it out there, I kinda respect it, going big, but it may not be everyone’s cup of tea at address, I’m really eager to keep tabs on that feedback as it comes in

Thanks buddy!

Yeah, they’re definitely flexing it out there, I kinda respect it, going big, but it may not be everyone’s cup of tea at address, I’m really eager to keep tabs on that feedback as it comes in
I absolutely love pictures of product, but sometimes hard to get a real idea of what we're looking down at until it's on the course, in all conditions. Sometimes those things get accentuated a lot on camera.

Either way, I think it looks great. Tour Edge is having a strong start to 2021.

Awesome! The clubs look great.

All of that carbon fiber....fantastic.

I do like the visual tech on display here.

Yes, I'm very interested in the fairway woods!

Being one that has had TEE clubs in the bag for a really long time, and keep up with what they do pretty closely, I noticed a statement in the write-up that didn't look right to me. About the hybrid, it states "This release, they are implementing carbon fiber for the first time in the company’s history, a big deal for what it is allowing in weight placement to optimize the CG and increase stability. " Not to minimize their continuous improvements in tech, because the C721 uses more carbon fiber than they have ever used before in a hybrid, by quite a bit, but the CBX 119 hybrid had what they called their Carbon Composit Sole. Maybe they are splitting hairs by calling it "carbon fiber" here, and the CBX 119 they called it "Carbon Composit". Of course it's not a big deal, the engineer in me just notices this kind of thing. :facepalm:

1612894103328.png

What part reminds you of that buddy?

My initial reaction is Amp/Bio Cell mashup. Just the lines and the carbon fiber I guess.
A36957F1-B0BD-4A62-8888-101CE06B0B1D.png0A1A2C33-CBF4-42B1-B0A1-27B103DB47BA.jpeg1174C988-E7FF-4481-926E-3CBF9E7711F6.png

I’m really surprised to see the wavy sole plate is gone on this Tour Edge release.

count me as one who isn't loving the visuals of the driver. but it is hard to ignore a $400 price point on a driver that has rdx blue as a stock option.

now that fairway has my attention. some moveable weight to shift toward the toe, and the rdx blue as stock? all for $250?! dayum, that's impressive. fairway wood is the only spot in my bag that i'm unsure about right now.

Back