Review Tour Edge Exotics C721 Driver Review

Played in 20 or so mph on Friday high ball seemed to still have plenty of distance just not much if any roll. It’s going to be a great driver. It came along at a really good time also. This was a year that I wanted to work to lower my HC and get more consistent. No better way to do that then to have a driver that you are confident will find the short grass. Shot my best round in some time with it on Friday.
It’s because of the low spin, makes it more playable into the wind. Low spin is great, if one has the speed to keep it airborne. It’s why some will adore this driver, and for some it will be pushing that bottom threshold of minimum spin to be effective for them.

It’s because of the low spin, makes it more playable into the wind. Low spin is great, if one has the speed to keep it airborne. It’s why some will adore this driver, and for some it will be pushing that bottom threshold of minimum spin to be effective for them.

Where do you think that speed cutoff number would be?

LOVE this Driver into the wind and here in North Texas, it hasn't stopped for 2 months now. Punching that low tumbler up the fairway when others are ballooning up into the wind is such an advantage

And also, that tease on Off Course about what might be coming scares the hell out of me. 👀
I think he is referring to the matte discussion
Nailed it. :LOL:

I would love to see it, but i have one and already LOVE the results and tech that is in this C721. I mean, I love Matte and have redone parts of the F150 with Matte adds. Would love to see it, maybe go that way when it comes out.

Where do you think that speed cutoff number would be?
Wouldn’t it be more about launch plus speed plus spin and not just speed?

For example my buddy and I on good pokes get the ball out there about 230-240. He uses a 9* driver head on a 42” hybrid shaft. He flips at the ball adding loft and spin. To where I use a 12* lofted to 14* with a plus 3 AoA and barely spin the ball at all. He needs spin reduction. I need spin. For him I could see this being a good fit. For me not so much

Wouldn’t it be more about launch plus speed plus spin and not just speed?

For example my buddy and I on good pokes get the ball out there about 230-240. He uses a 9* driver head on a 42” hybrid shaft. He flips at the ball adding loft and spin. To where I use a 12* lofted to 14* with a plus 3 AoA and barely spin the ball at all. He needs spin reduction. I need spin. For him I could see this being a good fit. For me not so much
This head launches extremely well for the low spin, honestly the best I’ve ever tested in that regard, and that’s putting it in the hands of about 6 totally different t swinging golfers. Because of that, the speed discussion comes back to the fold in order to keep it in the air long e ought to take advantage of the spin and launch.

Anyone can confirm that John Daly was playing a Tour Edge C721 during Insperity Invitational ?

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

Quick sim round this evening. Spin on 721 ranged from 1980 to 2250.

I had this beauty out again today on a windy Sunday. It performed very well into the wind and I really really like the rollout I get with it. I have been playing it at the stock 10.5 loft but I think I'm going to take it up a notch higher for the next round. I think I could get a few more yards out of it with a little more loft. Even at 10.5, it comes off the face with a lower trajectory than I am used to. Fine tuning the trajectory, plus the rollout should make for some real bombs being dropped.

I had this beauty out again today on a windy Sunday. It performed very well into the wind and I really really like the rollout I get with it. I have been playing it at the stock 10.5 loft but I think I'm going to take it up a notch higher for the next round. I think I could get a few more yards out of it with a little more loft. Even at 10.5, it comes off the face with a lower trajectory than I am used to. Fine tuning the trajectory, plus the rollout should make for some real bombs being dropped.
I'm going to up mine from 10.5 next round too. Been hitting a good window overall, but want to see what adjusting it does.

Was hoping for a warm dry round Wednesday, but it looks cold and wet. I dont expect much rollout, so let's go for max carry!!

Played in the scrabble yesterday at Ceder Creat in Dallas. Lots of elevation changes in tis little inner City gem. had not met the other guys at all until we joined up at the carts. The C721 was a hit! one guy said he would have to check out the Tour Edge for sure, even the Pro playing with us was suprised, said too bad he is a lefty he would like to give it a hit. I wad driving as well of with in 10 of him all day. This thing has some serious POP! a little wind in the afternoon and i hit all but one fairway.

Anyone can confirm that John Daly was playing a Tour Edge C721 during Insperity Invitational ?

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk
Here is a screen shot of Tour Edge Facebook page. Not only was Daly using C721 driver he also played C721 irons A46CD732-8D3B-4163-B85C-D7A41DB92482.png

yep, I actually responded to this twitter post this weekend....Screen Shot 2021-05-03 at 2.21.42 PM.png

Last edited:
Huge testament to the fact TEE clubs are game changers!
It really is. The fact is this is forgiving with distance. It's what you want in a driver. Sets the table off the tee, and allows you to play the driver with confidence.

Here is a screen shot of Tour Edge Facebook page. Not only was Daly using C721 driver he also played C721 irons View attachment 9006232
Tell you what, I seen him a 5i on a par 5 yesterday over water within 10 feet of the pin.
He had no issue adapting to those irons.

Tell you what, I seen him a 5i on a par 5 yesterday over water within 10 feet of the pin.
He had no issue adapting to those irons.
I saw that highlight too...great shot! Win-win for Tour Edge and Daly on this first outing, so I'm excited to see where it progresses from here.

Round tomorrow cold, high of 50, chance of rain early in the round, but should clear up. Changed the loft from 10.5* to 11.5*, so I'll be curious to see if I can notice a difference in the flight.

Wanted to see if anyone had any questions, anything you want me to try out or keep an eye on tomorrow? There shouldn't be a lot of people on the course, so i should have time to test a bit more than usual, so anything let me know!

Round tomorrow cold, high of 50, chance of rain early in the round, but should clear up. Changed the loft from 10.5* to 11.5*, so I'll be curious to see if I can notice a difference in the flight.

Wanted to see if anyone had any questions, anything you want me to try out or keep an eye on tomorrow? There shouldn't be a lot of people on the course, so i should have time to test a bit more than usual, so anything let me know!
Look forward to what you see in loft adjustment. I went the other way. Played it at 8.5 for a round and still hit it plenty high. Have it at 9.5 thinking that number might be my sweet spot. Hope to get back out Thursday if work doesn’t get in the way.

Look forward to what you see in loft adjustment. I went the other way. Played it at 8.5 for a round and still hit it plenty high. Have it at 9.5 thinking that number might be my sweet spot. Hope to get back out Thursday if work doesn’t get in the way.
I decided to try up a degree because i was seeing good height, but still penetrating ball flight. So I'm curious to see how high I can go and still get that penetrating ball flight. Should be a fun experiment on a cold, wet May day.

Hopefully you can get out Thursday, because that means work didn't get in the way, and you are golfing. Win-win!

I decided to try up a degree because i was seeing good height, but still penetrating ball flight. So I'm curious to see how high I can go and still get that penetrating ball flight. Should be a fun experiment on a cold, wet May day.

Hopefully you can get out Thursday, because that means work didn't get in the way, and you are golfing. Win-win!
I like it man! tinker away!

Back