Review Tour Edge Exotics C721 Driver Review

Round tomorrow cold, high of 50, chance of rain early in the round, but should clear up. Changed the loft from 10.5* to 11.5*, so I'll be curious to see if I can notice a difference in the flight.

Wanted to see if anyone had any questions, anything you want me to try out or keep an eye on tomorrow? There shouldn't be a lot of people on the course, so i should have time to test a bit more than usual, so anything let me know!
@gkeller813 I think you should tinder with the lie adjustments as well. Tinkering with the lie will adjust the draw/fade bias (from what I understand). Can you really dial it in and get the penetrating ball flight you want as well as a consistent ball movement?

@gkeller813 I think you should tinder with the lie adjustments as well. Tinkering with the lie will adjust the draw/fade bias (from what I understand). Can you really dial it in and get the penetrating ball flight you want as well as a consistent ball movement?
This is one reason I was hesitant to tinker was because I've been hitting so many fairways. But tomorrow's weather won't be the best, so what the heck. Going from 10.5* to 11.5* also takes the lie angle from 62 to 61.5, so not much change in that regard.

My miss has been left with this club so far, but not too often to get worried. I wonder if this decrease in lie angle will help or hurt? Or should I go for 11.5* loft and 59.5* lie?

I think I need some lie angle education!

This is one reason I was hesitant to tinker was because I've been hitting so many fairways. But tomorrow's weather won't be the best, so what the heck. Going from 10.5* to 11.5* also takes the lie angle from 62 to 61.5, so not much change in that regard.

My miss has been left with this club so far, but not too often to get worried. I wonder if this decrease in lie angle will help or hurt? Or should I go for 11.5* loft and 59.5* lie?

Is the adapter same as EXS 220?

More upright lie angle usually helps to draw the ball and Vice versa Flatter lie will make it fade more normally.
Just watch. Adding loft will close the face if you don’t square the face back up at address. Closed face helps to draw the ball.

here's a good article that lays it out for you: https://www.underpargoals.com/flat-vs-upright-lie-angle/

440cc matte head is all I can think after listening to the podcast

I like the look of this one, but those traders sound intriguing!

More upright lie angle usually helps to draw the ball and Vice versa Flatter lie will make it fade more normally.
Just watch. Adding loft will close the face if you don’t square the face back up at address. Closed face helps to draw the ball.
So - the U+ should be a draw bias and the O+ should be a fade bias based on the card?

So - the U+ should be a draw bias and the O+ should be a fade bias based on the card?

In theory When comparing those two settings as U+ would be a more upright lie.
although at O+ that is still 59.5* which is still pretty upright for a driver. Most drivers are 58* in the std setting. Think with a SIM you can get as flat as 55-56*.

I actually went U+ for tomorrow, but my miss is right. Should be fun.

In theory When comparing those two settings as U+ would be a more upright lie.
although at O+ that is still 59.5* which is still pretty upright for a driver. Most drivers are 58* in the std setting. Think with a SIM you can get as flat as 55-56*.
I saw that and wondered how that would work out. Looks like TE might be adjusting/helping players (Common miss is a slice) by creating an upright lie naturally. It's what we're seeing with iron manufacturers as well I think due to helping get rid of the slice? My new irons had to be bent 2 degrees flat.

Cant wait to see how it plays for you!
I had a callaway rogue 10.5* that I jacked up one degree and put on draw setting. Hit that thing great, but it spun so much I had a ballooning problem.

U+ seems to be the most similar setting on this one. If it really is as low spin as everyone is reporting, I expect a monster driving day if I do my part.

I had a callaway rogue 10.5* that I jacked up one degree and put on draw setting. Hit that thing great, but it spun so much I had a ballooning problem.

U+ seems to be the most similar setting on this one. If it really is as low spin as everyone is reporting, I expect a monster driving day if I do my part.
Get ready!

Taking mine over to Arlington tomorrow and play the Texas Rangers Course

But if it’s LOWER spin than this, most mortals won’t get it airborn.

So, I have another of these kicking around....should it go in this head? Then the Mizuno and TE throwdown gets real?

42654C2B-DD84-4E56-8571-90DEB0344A08.jpeg31E2C2BB-A11C-4859-AEF9-74D27D2937F6.jpeg

But if it’s LOWER spin than this, most mortals won’t get it airborn.
True, but I will give it a go if it looks half as good i as I think it will. In my head I am envisioning a head that looks similar to the 816 dbd with the ridgeback tech

I mean, the logic there checks out to me :LOL:
Shaft is orange, head is black.
Your teams school colors are the same.
There's your logic :ROFLMAO:

But seriously that combination will look and play great, I'm sure. I enjoy these Kinetixx shafts for the visual appeal. Cant speak to performance yet, but it always seems top notch.

Shaft is orange, head is black.
Your teams school colors are the same.
There's your logic :ROFLMAO:

But seriously that combination will look and play great, I'm sure. I enjoy these Kinetixx shafts for the visual appeal. Cant speak to performance yet, but it always seems top notch.
Well, the same setup is in my ST-X right now, so a chance to put the two heads that've impressed me the most this year up against each other is pretty exciting.

Back