Review Tour Edge Exotics C721 Driver Review

Well, the same setup is in my ST-X right now, so a chance to put the two heads that've impressed me the most this year up against each other is pretty exciting.
I agree that 721 is a great club and hope to. Meet @gkeller813 on course or range and bring a LinQ to do the same

Well, the same setup is in my ST-X right now, so a chance to put the two heads that've impressed me the most this year up against each other is pretty exciting.
I think that would be fun. Honestly havent stayed up with the ST-X like I have the C721, but have popped in there from time to time and see how much you like it. But if you're saying the C721 and ST-X have impressed you the most, I'd love an even match comparison. I love seeing 2 brands that are great, but not necessarily top of everyone list, garnering the attention they are.

Not big on names, but this could very well be the Spin Killer of 2021.

To be honest, I can’t see where the “look” of the crown would be polarizing. In the fitting bay, on the range and out on course, I barely even notice. I don’t address the ball looking at the top of the club. Maybe if the ridgeback and carbon were 2 different finishes, it might be odd looking. But the gloss finish just is what it is. It becomes a subtle alignment tool that is glanced at then forgotten. The numbers, for me anyway, were better than the M6 I was gaming- especially on “off center” strikes. I can certainly see why this is the “Value Darling” of the Golf World and YouTubers. I would say that this Driver is the ‘Bargain of the Century”.

Eh, the ridgeback.. it’s nothing more than a manufacturing process that had to be explained away as “technology “.
It’s not particularly. It’s just how they had to join the parts. Disagree anyone if you want to ,but you’ll be wrong.

I played the OG EXS driver and was very impressed with it especially in the forgiveness department. I have been a Callaway guy for the past couple years for obvious reasons but I still like to read about the new Tour Edge releases and its obvious they are not satisfied with mediocracy.

I am thrilled with the performance of my Callaway Epic Max LS driver and this driver seems very similar in performance with even lower spin. I doubted the claims of a lower spin driver that offers maximum forgiveness but I am a true believer after seeing the results shot after shot on the golf course.

My bag is set for 2021 but I will hit this on the sim next time I get a chance.

I decided to give one of these a try. I have one on the way and I am looking forward to something new. I just hit the age of a Champions Tour member, maybe this is my path to the tour :p.

Eh, the ridgeback.. it’s nothing more than a manufacturing process that had to be explained away as “technology “.
It’s not particularly. It’s just how they had to join the parts. Disagree anyone if you want to ,but you’ll be wrong.
So, all that R&D and testing was all just made up, eh? Bold take.:LOL:

I definitely think it is, and the mind bending thing remains the launch it retains given the spin. It’s wild.

I definitely think it is, and the mind bending thing remains the launch it retains given the spin. It’s wild.
The launch I get from this driver combined with its forgiveness is the biggest surprise I’ve seen in my testing. For me to flight this driver down I have to feel that I’m actually hitting down on the ball. That normally causes increased spin not much on the 721. My average spin is 19 to 2100. Highest spin I’ve noticed on sim was 2500. I look forward to each trip to the course with the 721. I’ve had several drivers over the years but never one I was this confident in.

Fantastic article James. Having played this driver myself for the last 5 rounds or so I can tell you this is the real deal. It has everything one wants in a driver and at a fantastic price. Don't sleep on it!

That was some freakishly low spin on some shots. I'd have to imagine on some firm fairways that sucker would roll forever.

That was some freakishly low spin on some shots. I'd have to imagine on some firm fairways that sucker would roll forever.
The interesting thing is that versus the EXS PRO the LOW isn’t as low, but the average overall with misses is much more consistently low than the Pro was

The interesting thing is that versus the EXS PRO the LOW isn’t as low, but the average overall with misses is much more consistently low than the Pro was
In an average sim round which I play a lot of my spin will stay pretty constant between 1950 and 2200 regardless of strike

Found out today this thing does NOT like to be struck out on the heel. Unfortunately, that has been my miss lately.

Up side is, it does extremely well with high, low and toe side misses. Heel side gives me weird little knuckle balls that go about 200 😂

Not sure this one is for me, unfortunately.
Will give it another go tomorrow.
Golf is hard.

Good but not great round driving. Had a weird 3 hole stretch where I kept popping the ball up, and only carrying to around 180-200. My fault on the swing, but the ball still went 200 straight away, not bad for very very high on the face.

Distance wasn't as good for me at 11.5*. Switched back to 10.5*, where I've been since I got the C721, and had my 2 longest drives of the day on the final 2 holes. Was hovering around 240-250 all round until the switch, then went over 270 both times. Seemed to square up the face a lot better too.

Overall throughly smitten with this driver. I have had multiple rounds and range sessions with this driver, and I have never driven the ball this well consistently. I have gone thru spurts of great driving in the past, but would crash hard and not find the fairway the next round. My bad round of driving still has me in play, but only 1 penalty stroke thus far due to an OB drive.

I have confidence to pull this club more than I used to pull driver. Still waiting on warm weather so I can really test the distance on this one.

Great write up @Jman . Really speaks to, then shows the data to back up the tech paked in this driver.

I am sure that is your opinion and others are allowed to have theirs....all i know is it is a hell of a boom stick in my hands.

I am sure that is your opinion and others are allowed to have theirs....all i know is it is a hell of a boom stick in my hands.
How was the round today Donny?

Went out and played this morning at The Texas Rangers course as i have not played there as of yet. SO glad i went, a gem of a course. just had AKorn Ferry tour event there a couple of weeks ago and the greens....crap the greens....so smooth and the undulations in this egreens. the ball rolled so well and the C721 did not let me down. I hit almost every fairway and the two i missed were draws that didn't...but i was only off by a few yards and playable

SOOOO ....Happy with this club

Back