Review Tour Edge Exotics C721 Driver Review

I had to get mine regrippe. Not a fan of the Lamkin Cross Line, it tore my hands up.
I immediately put on a Golf Pride Microsuede

yep, I put a Lamkin Sonar on mine i got in my secret Santa box with a couple of extra wraps....

@Jman has hit both. so have I.

much lower spin than 425. Very very very very very very very very very different sound
Truth. WAY lower spin, and suuuuuuch a better sound.

Plus, I’d argue it’s more forgiving.

Not saying I won’t miss with it from time to time. Misses however are usually still playable. Makes the game really enjoyable when you expect ball to find the short grass

Soi have had this driver for a couple months ths now and this along with many of the other comments is exactly how I feel it plays.

I am not the best golfer so ya, I can spray it sometimes, but more often then not a miss hit is just off the fairway to the right (slicy) and still as long as my playing partners fairway balls. Sometimes the ball is even still in the fairway when I def did not hit it well.

This has been huge in instilling confidence in my game off the tee.

One thing I have noticed is heel hits are the worst part of this driver, but still not that bad. If you can get your miss hits to high toe as mentioned by many here. This driver is a pure fairway finder that is LONG.

Great write up @Jman . Really speaks to, then shows the data to back up the tech paked in this driver.
Ya just read this, great write up.

I used to average around 220 or 240 yards on my good drives with my '09 TM burner so a it older. With this driver I can hit those distances with a very light and easy swing. When I crush it so far I am getting 270 ish with roll out drives.

Now I just need to get a lesson to fix my out to in heep hit misses!

The way the diver is working and now John Daily jumping on all the new 721 clubs.... my birthday this summer might be a full bag of these!

I’m curious too. Tough to beat a ping in the forgiveness category.
Yeah. The 425 is about 500+ higher moi than anything else. But I think a lot of that is due to weighing about 12g heavier head. I would like to possibly pair up with an Autoflex shaft but the Pings extra weight makes that difficult as you would have to remove 12g just to start even with other heads.

Yeah. The 425 is about 500+ higher moi than anything else. But I think a lot of that is due to weighing about 12g heavier head. I would like to possibly pair up with an Autoflex shaft but the Pings extra weight makes that difficult as you would have to remove 12g just to start even with other heads.
Couldn’t you just swap the stock weight with one 12g lighter ?

In what way?
In all ways, unless you’re one who needs more spin, then the 425 is a better option. 721 is a low spin high launch laterally and vertically forgiving animal.

I’d argue many are on par with them, regardless of what their stability (moi) is.

I’d argue many are on par with them, regardless of what their stability (moi) is.

I’m not going to argue with that. These days it’s more about the proper fit as most drivers have some type of ball speed retention face tech, etc on off center hits or do it more with shape and weighting like Ping. And ball speeds these days are pretty high with most drivers as well.

once I get my irons sorted out, I’d like to trial this one.

I had some pretty good success today. I am not a huge fan of the RDX Blue shaft. I just don’t seem to jive with the HZRDUS line. I am getting a Riptide tipped with a TEE adapter and will touch back. I did buy the 22 degree hybrid and that is staying. That club is a no brainer….so good. I will be putting a 19* on order as well.

I have not played Ping since the originalG Series and i liked it, but when i hit a toe shot with it, it was a nasty snapper the ran deep in the woods and did not answer when i called out to it....The toe shots i hit with the C721 are low and running up the right side. and long

Couldn’t you just swap the stock weight with one 12g lighter ?
Yes. 12g is a lot and I think that extra weight is part of the extra forgiveness of the Ping. It probably would reduce the forgiveness to some degree.

MOI has become a catch all for forgiveness and a near arms race for some of these companies. I can make the case that above a certain threshold that most of these drivers are at (minus maybe SIM2), its a meaningless number.

MOI has become a catch all for forgiveness and a near arms race for some of these companies. I can make the case that above a certain threshold that most of these drivers are at (minus maybe SIM2), its a meaningless number.
Why minus the SIM2?

Why minus the SIM2?
Just personal experience testing and seeing huge speed and spin jumps and drops when missing

Just personal experience testing and seeing huge speed and spin jumps and drops when missing
So less consistent across the face? What about the SIM2 Max?

I have not played Ping since the originalG Series and i liked it, but when i hit a toe shot with it, it was a nasty snapper the ran deep in the woods and did not answer when i called out to it....The toe shots i hit with the C721 are low and running up the right side. and long

To be fair to Ping, you’re talking 2016 tech vs 2021. The 425 could produce the same result, it’s hard to say or not, but that would be a better comparison than a 2016 model.

A fairer comparison for the G would be the Tour Edge Ex9 driver. In that battle I’m guessing the G wins pretty handedly.

Last edited:
Trading in a bunch of old clubs purchased over the last 8-10 years and will get several new Tour Edge C721 clubs instead. Likely a 25 degree hybrid, a fairway wood or two, and maybe the driver.

My preferred shot shape is a draw and my trajectory is on the low to mid side so I’m usually looking for loft as I tend to hit down with most of my clubs. 53 years old, current GHIN index is 4.5 and I’m fairly accurate with driver but could use a little more distance. Chipping and putting are my strongest skills. 185 yards - 225 yards is an area I’ve been working to improve and the current Tour Edge clubs I am gaming have helped me significantly in the past two years.

Currently have the EX 10 16.5 degree 4 wood in my bag and an XCG7 21 degree 7 wood and 28 degree hybrid. All three have the Fujikura Fuel Red 60 gram Stiff shafts in them. Was curious to hear from those of you that have had a chance to hit the Fujikura Ventus Red 50 R or 60 S shafts and get some feedback on whether they play true to flex, firm or soft? My driver swing speed is 95-100 MPH, so on the border between the Tour Edge recommended shaft selections. The other option is the Project X RDX Blue 5.5 or 6.0, but in the past I’ve hit other Project X shafts with a lower than desired trajectory and haven’t liked the feel.

The 28 degree hybrid is my 175 yard club and the 21 degree 7 wood is my 215 yard club. I love the 7 wood for off the fairway or tee. I’m better with the 4 wood off the tee than the fairway, but tend to draw it more than I’d like.

My current Driver is the Ping G410 LST 10.5 with the Alta CB Red 55 Stiff shaft, with shaft frequency of 246 CPM and it has been a good performer, bit thinking about the C721 driver as a replacement. Have any of you had a chance to compare the two?

Thanks for the great reviews and appreciate any insight you can provide on the shafts and a comparison to the Ping G410 LST.

Regards,
Browndog

Trading in a bunch of old clubs purchased over the last 8-10 years and will get several new Tour Edge C721 clubs instead. Likely a 25 degree hybrid, a fairway wood or two, and maybe the driver.

My preferred shot shape is a draw and my trajectory is on the low to mid side so I’m usually looking for loft as I tend to hit down with most of my clubs. 53 years old, current GHIN index is 4.5 and I’m fairly accurate with driver but could use a little more distance. Chipping and putting are my strongest skills. 185 yards - 225 yards is an area I’ve been working to improve and the current Tour Edge clubs I am gaming have helped me significantly in the past two years.

Currently have the EX 10 16.5 degree 4 wood in my bag and an XCG7 21 degree 7 wood and 28 degree hybrid. All three have the Fujikura Fuel Red 60 gram Stiff shafts in them. Was curious to hear from those of you that have had a chance to hit the Fujikura Ventus Red 50 R or 60 S shafts and get some feedback on whether they play true to flex, firm or soft? My driver swing speed is 95-100 MPH, so on the border between the Tour Edge recommended shaft selections. The other option is the Project X RDX Blue 5.5 or 6.0, but in the past I’ve hit other Project X shafts with a lower than desired trajectory and haven’t liked the feel.

The 28 degree hybrid is my 175 yard club and the 21 degree 7 wood is my 215 yard club. I love the 7 wood for off the fairway or tee. I’m better with the 4 wood off the tee than the fairway, but tend to draw it more than I’d like.

My current Driver is the Ping G410 LST 10.5 with the Alta CB Red 55 Stiff shaft, with shaft frequency of 246 CPM and it has been a good performer, bit thinking about the C721 driver as a replacement. Have any of you had a chance to compare the two?

Thanks for the great reviews and appreciate any insight you can provide on the shafts and a comparison to the Ping G410 LST.

Regards,
Browndog
I can speak to the shaft. I played a HZRDUS Smoke yellow 6.0 before moving to the RDX Blue 6.0 in the C721. RDX blue feels a lot less rigid than the Smoke yellow. It fits my smooth transition very well. I get more height,and more consistent results with the RDX Blue. I didnt get along with the yellow because u felt like I had to swing hard to get anything out of it, but the Blue has been great.

The RDX Blue and C721 have been a great pairing for me. Driver swing speed about 105. I'm averaging around 250 per drive, but that has been in wet cold conditions. Ine round in nicer weather and I was more around 260-270. Finding a lot more fairways lately, and finding the C721 to be very forgiving across the face.

To be fair to Ping, you’re talking 2016 tech vs 2021. The 425 could produce the same result, it’s hard to say or not, but that would be a better comparison than a 2016 model.

A fairer comparison for the G would be the Tour Edge Ex9 driver. In that battle I’m guessing the G wins pretty handedly.
as far as Ping, yes, that is all i have as far as Comparing it to, as i said. Although since the=n i have played a SLDR an M5 and SIM Max...It still out performs them all in my hands.

as far as Ping, yes, that is all i have as far as Comparing it to, as i said. Although since the=n i have played a SLDR an M5 and SIM Max...It still out performs them all in my hands.
I can see that. My EXS220 was better than those for me too.

Back