Review Tour Edge Exotics C721 Driver Review

I’m not going to argue with that. These days it’s more about the proper fit as most drivers have some type of ball speed retention face tech, etc on off center hits or do it more with shape and weighting like Ping. And ball speeds these days are pretty high with most drivers as well.

once I get my irons sorted out, I’d like to trial this one.
Based on all your posts over the years, this will be too low spin for you.

Based on all your posts over the years, this will be too low spin for you.
Probably so. The 10.5 lofted up was 1200-1400. The 12* would add what 500 rpm at most ?

Pretty windy on Sunday and I was trying to overpower the wind a bit and hit 7 out of 11 fairways. Only had 2 bad misses when I yanked them left trying to hit them really hard into the wind. The other 2 misses were in the first cut. All in all, another good driving day with the C721 set at 11.5 degrees and the Ventus Red shaft in regular flex.

Here are some Arccos stats with my Cobra Speedzone Xtreme. I only had this out for 2 rounds collecting data, and while it was forgiving, my fairways hit weren't the best. Eliminated my slice all together, but my left pulls went way left, leading to some lost balls and penalties. One round was in fall, and the other early Spring, so the temps were lower than average, and rollout was non existent. HZRDUS Smoke Yellow was the shaft in this, and for me and my swing it was too stiff. This definitely played a roll in the misses left.

Screenshot_20210510-125952.jpg

And 4 rounds worth of data on the C721. My misses on the shots left and right are not too far off line. Hitting 12% more fairways with this driver, added some distance and my longest drive has gone up. The pairing with the HZRDUS RDX Blue fits my swing very well, and allows me to point and shoot this, instead of trying to fight to get it in the fairway.

Screenshot_20210510-120751.jpg

Since I only had the Speedzone out for 2 rounds, some highlights with the C721 during my first 2 rounds:

64% Fairway during my 2nd round out with it.
Longest driver first round out with it.

People can say what they want about this driver or any other driver. I am 63 years old and have been playing golf in one fashion or another since i was 16 years old. I started just trying to be with my dad, i had no patience for learning the right way to hit a ball, i just wanted to hit it farther and make low scores. Took years for me to find patience and Learn.
I have played a lot of Drivers in my life, but this one, at my age and talent, and dome of you know i do not swing like a 60 something man. This Driver has greatly helped my consistency, my accuracy and my length off the tee....I feel like i love the game again and the C721 is a beast!

People can say what they want about this driver or any other driver. I am 63 years old and have been playing golf in one fashion or another since i was 16 years old. I started just trying to be with my dad, i had no patience for learning the right way to hit a ball, i just wanted to hit it farther and make low scores. Took years for me to find patience and Learn.
I have played a lot of Drivers in my life, but this one, at my age and talent, and dome of you know i do not swing like a 60 something man. This Driver has greatly helped my consistency, my accuracy and my length off the tee....I feel like i love the game again and the C721 is a beast!
I don't chase distance, but I do chase consistency and accuracy with my driver. The C721 gives you both. You don't have to sacrifice distance or accuracy, I really think you get both with this club. And I think you get it with this club because the Diamond Face 2.0 is so good across the entire face. Ridgeback provides great stability. The combination of those 2 features make this a great club!

Here are some Arccos stats with my Cobra Speedzone Xtreme. I only had this out for 2 rounds collecting data, and while it was forgiving, my fairways hit weren't the best. Eliminated my slice all together, but my left pulls went way left, leading to some lost balls and penalties. One round was in fall, and the other early Spring, so the temps were lower than average, and rollout was non existent. HZRDUS Smoke Yellow was the shaft in this, and for me and my swing it was too stiff. This definitely played a roll in the misses left.

View attachment 9007253

And 4 rounds worth of data on the C721. My misses on the shots left and right are not too far off line. Hitting 12% more fairways with this driver, added some distance and my longest drive has gone up. The pairing with the HZRDUS RDX Blue fits my swing very well, and allows me to point and shoot this, instead of trying to fight to get it in the fairway.

View attachment 9007254

Since I only had the Speedzone out for 2 rounds, some highlights with the C721 during my first 2 rounds:

Good data, thanks for sharing.

Had to put the 721 into a time out for a period today. It came back with a different attitude. For some reason my swing was causing me to hit everything insanely high on club face. Not the clubs fault. However after being sent to the bullpen it came back and preformed as expected. Lol

View attachment 9007253

View attachment 9007254

Perfect @gkeller813 thats exactly the info I was hoping someone had. We can praise the driver bit info and data like that goes a long way in proving it.

The 721 is going up against the Radspeed XB in TXG's 2021 driver bracket. Video should be up this week.

Perfect @gkeller813 thats exactly the info I was hoping someone had. We can praise the driver bit info and data like that goes a long way in proving it.
It really does, and I cant wait to keep tracking. I wish I had more historical information to compare against, but this year should get lots of good data on the C721 driver.

This thread...

I thought I decided to put this driver in the backup bag.
Now I need to get my hands on a smoke blue to try out in it. :oops:

This thread...

I thought I decided to put this driver in the backup bag.
Now I need to get my hands on a smoke blue to try out in it. :oops:
What shaft is in it now?

The 721 is going up against the Radspeed XB in TXG's 2021 driver bracket. Video should be up this week.
Can't wait to see the results. It really is a great stick, at a great price!

I have the ventus red.

Have the smoke yellow in my SZ Xtreme so curious about the blue.
Blue has more play and feels less stiff than the yellow. The blue is better for my smooth transition swing. Yellow would be better for an aggressive swinger. I'm getting more launch from the Blue also, but this could be due to head design.

Blue has more play and feels less stiff than the yellow. The blue is better for my smooth transition swing. Yellow would be better for an aggressive swinger. I'm getting more launch from the Blue also, but this could be due to head design.
And this is why I want to try the blue. It sounds like we have similar swings...just with opposite side misses
I actually like the CB feel

It really does, and I cant wait to keep tracking. I wish I had more historical information to compare against, but this year should get lots of good data on the C721 driver.
If I can ever get my sonar grips I’ll start using arccos. Last I knew that will be late June.

And this is why I want to try the blue. It sounds like we have similar swings...just with opposite side misses
I actually like the CB feel

Even at a pedestrian swing speed, I still feel a little kick in the Haz yellow 6.0, but that's partly due to the JMax grip I use.

I like the idea I need to stay aggressive with this shaft. It keeps my head in the game in terms of proper alignment, firm tempo, and just finishing off each shot. My practice session yesterday was solid. I still need to play with the loft, but so far having fun with the C721.

So Pleased to see so many having success with the C721

Will be putting a Fuji speeder shaft in the 721 in the next few days. It’s a shaft I had in B21 for a while. It will play about a half inch shorter than the rdx blue. Curious how it plays with different shafts. No idea how it will influence launch and spin but will find out.

I hit the C721 at TGW the other day. Nice club I would like to see it with my EF Blue shaft in it.
I would also like to compare the EXS against it side by side.

Trading in a bunch of old clubs purchased over the last 8-10 years and will get several new Tour Edge C721 clubs instead. Likely a 25 degree hybrid, a fairway wood or two, and maybe the driver.

My preferred shot shape is a draw and my trajectory is on the low to mid side so I’m usually looking for loft as I tend to hit down with most of my clubs. 53 years old, current GHIN index is 4.5 and I’m fairly accurate with driver but could use a little more distance. Chipping and putting are my strongest skills. 185 yards - 225 yards is an area I’ve been working to improve and the current Tour Edge clubs I am gaming have helped me significantly in the past two years.

Currently have the EX 10 16.5 degree 4 wood in my bag and an XCG7 21 degree 7 wood and 28 degree hybrid. All three have the Fujikura Fuel Red 60 gram Stiff shafts in them. Was curious to hear from those of you that have had a chance to hit the Fujikura Ventus Red 50 R or 60 S shafts and get some feedback on whether they play true to flex, firm or soft? My driver swing speed is 95-100 MPH, so on the border between the Tour Edge recommended shaft selections. The other option is the Project X RDX Blue 5.5 or 6.0, but in the past I’ve hit other Project X shafts with a lower than desired trajectory and haven’t liked the feel.

The 28 degree hybrid is my 175 yard club and the 21 degree 7 wood is my 215 yard club. I love the 7 wood for off the fairway or tee. I’m better with the 4 wood off the tee than the fairway, but tend to draw it more than I’d like.

My current Driver is the Ping G410 LST 10.5 with the Alta CB Red 55 Stiff shaft, with shaft frequency of 246 CPM and it has been a good performer, bit thinking about the C721 driver as a replacement. Have any of you had a chance to compare the two?

Thanks for the great reviews and appreciate any insight you can provide on the shafts and a comparison to the Ping G410 LST.

Regards,
Browndog
Hey Browndog,

I have the 10.5 degree driver with the ventus red 60 s shaft. I have a similar swing speed as you. Though I am a much less experienced and gifted golfer with a HCP of 15. I think the red stiff for me might be a bit too stiff. But for me I tend to rather stiffer than too flex as that is the feel I have learned to play with over the years.

I think one or two other guys on ther also have tried both the regular and stiff ventus red. I believe most, if not all, preferred the 60 S.

Have fun getting the new clubs, it is like Christmas during summer. 👊

After looking at the Arccos data, and hitting 48.6% of fairways thus far, I was curious where the PGA tour players stood. I'd slot right behind Phil on the Hit Fairways percentage list...so not bad :ROFLMAO:

Screenshot_20210511-155519_Chrome.jpg

Back