Review Tour Edge Exotics C721 Driver Review

Next round with C721 will be at elevation. 7k feet can’t wait to see how it preforms in the thinner air. Will also be experimenting with the Fuji speeder 661 shaft. It’s drying with new adapter for the 721. Playing in Colorado Friday and Saturday. Might work in a round Thursday if I get there in time.

Next round with C721 will be at elevation. 7k feet can’t wait to see how it preforms in the thinner air. Will also be experimenting with the Fuji speeder 661 shaft. It’s drying with new adapter for the 721. Playing in Colorado Friday and Saturday. Might work in a round Thursday if I get there in time.
Nice, have fun! Cant wait to hear how it goes!

Enjoy the trip, The first time i went to Colorado and played it was awesome

Enjoy the trip, The first time i went to Colorado and played it was awesome
Will for sure. The 721 should be good for well over 300 at 7k

I hit the C721 at TGW the other day. Nice club I would like to see it with my EF Blue shaft in it.
I would also like to compare the EXS against it side by side.
Youll see about 400-500 rpm difference

Had a nice uninterrupted range session tonight. More time with the C721, and I unlocked it's secret!

Admittedly, I'm not tech savvy when it comes to adjusting heads. I knew I wanted to loft up for more hangtime. The settings on my club are not the same as what was posted here, and I forgot my smartphone in the car. Anyway, I moved the setting from N (assumed neutral or O) to UN. Without a clue to what I had done, I swing the club, and ball launched high and VERY straight. I swore it was like hitting my G400 Max, except straighter!

As many of you probably figured out, the loft wasn't adjusted, it was a lie adjustment from stock 59* to 62*. The stock setting with flatter lie was producing a lower flight with a fade tendency. The more upright setting brought the toe up, presenting a more square face to the ball, launching it higher and straighter. Definitely to get on a launch monitor to check this thing out more. But, I'm really impressed, so far.

I have a lot of respect for Exotics clubs. Currently still using (five years now) an Exotics E8 three wood with an Aldila Rogue shaft. It is the only club in my bag that I will not switch out. It is THAT good and reliable.

I have a lot of respect for Exotics clubs. Currently still using (five years now) an Exotics E8 three wood with an Aldila Rogue shaft. It is the only club in my bag that I will not switch out. It is THAT good and reliable.
If you get the chance to try the new C721 lineup, get ready to experience their innovation since then. The new C721 driver has been very, very good for me.

Yup, I have a XCG6 15* 3w that I bought used 5 yrs ago. It is unreal and led me to the C721 driver this year.
👊

Hey all - just another post about the true excellence of the new C721 Driver by TE.

I play in a team match-play league on Wednesday nights. Over the last few weeks, I've been playing ok and Wednesday was no different. I ended up with a 37 (7-3 win) which was all good except for the fact that I was 0-7 on fairways hit with my Callaway Driver. I scrambled well... really well. Overall I was very frustrated with my driver play. I mean 0-7 fairways with my "fitted driver."

So last night I went out to play 9 with my family and decided I'm putting away the Mavrik and grabbing the C721. 7-7 baby! The pull hook that I had Wednesday night was gone, mishits or slightly off-center shots still went in the desired direction and distance, and when hit on the center of the Diamond Face = straight bomb! Didn't keep my overall score as I was just really focused on my tee game. Plus it's tough to focus when you have the kids trying to dial in their swing and game.

Who knows if it was my swing, my stress, or whatnot - but I do attribute my 7-7 for fairways to the forgiveness and the overall playability of the driver. It'll be in my bag all weekend and there for a tournament next week.

If you're in the market for a new driver - I'd highly suggest that you embark on the tour of the C721. I don't think that you'll be disappointed.

So for those of you who are having success with this driver, what is your normal miss with your old driver? Is it left or right?

So for those of you who are having success with this driver, what is your normal miss with your old driver? Is it left or right?
My normal miss is left. With the Speedzone Xtreme, it was 64% left, with way too many being OB. Basically eliminated the right side on these 2 rounds I had recorded in Arccos, but was always left way.

Screenshot_20210510-125952.jpg

Now my miss is both, but when I miss right or left, it's not an penalized. I've missed a few fairways because the ball, with increased roll out, has rolled across a slight left dogleg into the rough. But we're talking a foot or 2 into the rough. But overall, my shots are playable, I'm not punching out as much, and I'm hitting more fairways.

Screenshot_20210510-120751.jpg

Last weeks league round was a disaster in the cold temps at wet rain. Hoping the C721 returns to form today!

My normal miss is left. With the Speedzone Xtreme, it was 64% left, with way too many being OB. Basically eliminated the right side on these 2 rounds I had recorded in Arccos, but was always left way.

Screenshot_20210510-125952.jpg

Now my miss is both, but when I miss right or left, it's not an penalized. I've missed a few fairways because the ball, with increased roll out, has rolled across a slight left dogleg into the rough. But we're talking a foot or 2 into the rough. But overall, my shots are playable, I'm not punching out as much, and I'm hitting more fairways.

Screenshot_20210510-120751.jpg
Good stuff.
I think it may explain my struggles a bit.

But DAMN I love the sound of this thing.

My old driver miss was right. I'm not missing too much to the right with this one but when I do, it's not a banana.

Good stuff.
I think it may explain my struggles a bit.

But DAMN I love the sound of this thing.
I think part of this change was due to a shaft change as well. I was playing a HZRDUS smoke yellow in my Xtreme, and play the HZRDUS RDX Blue now. The yellow was a lot stiffer, and I fought it a lot. Thus I had to swing harder, and pulled a lot left.

At the same time, i feel like I can miss on the C721, and it keeps it on line better than any driver I had before. The forgiveness of the head is the real deal.

My misses were two, a high flying push-slice to the right or a low flying banana that starts left and ends right.

With this driver I can still hit both of those but... I does not happen very often. However, when it does happen it is not as bad as my old driver.

I took a quick lesson last week and last night did a session at the range with the C721 10.5 ventus red 60 stiff... my goodness!!

I am hitting straight bombs! High and far with plenty of roll out.

The few things I notice are:
- way less shape (banana) when misshit;
- more distance then I have ever had (tho I was playing a '09 TM burner)
-the ball rolls out way more now, especially if I can get it just a little high on the face.

Playing Morningstar near parksville on Vancouver Island tomorrow, slope is 125 from the whites, it looks hard! But with this driver I feel no stress on tee shots. Just line up the exotics logo (ridgeback) with your target and make a smooth easy swing.

Def worth every nickel (we don't uses pennies in canada)

New Course tomorrow, Cross Timbers in Azle, Texas....never played before so lets see how the fairway count goes......TourEdge C721 going travelin'

Late to get a response to your post. My normal miss when swing goes bad is a push off to the right. Sometimes more than a push. With the 721 even when I miss right it’s not nearly as far or out of play. If I would just learn to get the face closed. Played again with it today. No misses to the right. Working to get my ball flight to come down some with it.

C721 in the bag today!CE23CB59-3EB9-4832-9F26-34BD904D9546.jpeg

Yikes- still dialing it in, and had a few holes of the jitters playing a new, narrowish, unfamiliar course. Where as my old driver struggled to carry 200/210 with the high spin, once I connected on the semi middle, I carried at LEAST 230. And 2 holes the combination of spin, carry and roll put out to 280/290. Not an Arrcos or stats guy- one hole Tee was at the marker of 365 to middle. Left 72 to pin. Haven’t seen that in years. I think I’ll keep it. Oh, and the sound on a nutted one is music to my ears.

Still Playing the C721 at 11 Deg instead of 10 .5' and played Cross sTImbers this morning in Azle Texas. OMG the Elevation changes in theat course, WHAT A GEM!
I hit 4 iron off a few tee boxes that we elevated playing to doglegs. Hit it on 12 holes and hit 11 fairways. It was a straight missile launcher today. Never having played it before there were some missed greens and i shot 81, driving and putting well and had 2 birdies. LOVE THIS Club IMG_1161.jpeg

Played 2 rounds in Colorado the last 2 days. 1st round were paired with a couple guys that were not long so we played a set of tees up. Course was busy and didn’t want to hold up play. Best part of that was getting to hit 50 54 and 58 degree wedges into most parts 4s. Driver preformed as expected. Don’t have card with me. Close to 60% fairways some of the misses were do to hitting ball to far. I don’t complain about that. 2nd round. 1st tee 275 maybe 10 feet right of fairway no complaints. 2nd hole little pull down left side runs out 290ish. 4th hole 300 right down the pipe. Couple more just about like that. 500 yard par 5 to center of green had 203 left to a rear pin location put it on. Missed eagle but how’s to complain about 2 put birdies. A few holes bad swing habits crept in but 721 kept ball in play on the 2 bad misses.

Figured out a swing flaw I was having (grip related) with driver. Put this in play and started peppering fairways. Just as long, if not longer, as my XXIO. Seems like I had good control with it and I am looking forward to bagging it for a while.

Back