Review Tour Edge Exotics C721 Driver Review

\

I had same problem when first got mime. Hitting a lot of high loopers off the crown. I started experimenting with moving ball forward in my stance and it worked for me.

I've always been a more 'forward' position guy. It seems to be more related to actual playing on course vs. the Range. If I tee it up at the same height on course as it is on the range, it goes to the 'high face'. I'm guessing it has to do with the Range mats being "firmer", with on course conditions being 'softer' so the low point is just *that* much lower. Once I finally remember that, I can lower the tee a bit and I can find the middle more. Now to work on the toe/heel misses!

Still can not get rid of the slice. I tried to see it forward. I know my problem is getting the club too vertical in the backswing. But, for some reason I can't recover the way I have in the past with the Wilson D100 driver. Practice swings two feet off the ground has potential to help. Need to re-wire the swing to be more around.

Still can not get rid of the slice. I tried to see it forward. I know my problem is getting the club too vertical in the backswing. But, for some reason I can't recover the way I have in the past with the Wilson D100 driver. Practice swings two feet off the ground has potential to help. Need to re-wire the swing to be more around.
I think if you can get rid of the slice and put a good swing on it you will really enjoy the sound, feel and performance of the C721.

If you’re like me, the rewire needs to be “down then around.” Also shaft is key. The Alta CB shaft in my Ping GMax 400 seems to help me square the face more than the HZRDUS yellow in my C721. Which is why being aggressive with the C721 is rewarded, while it’s punished with my Max in the form of snap hooks and blocks right of Limbaugh.

If you’re like me, the rewire needs to be “down then around.” Also shaft is key. The Alta CB shaft in my Ping GMax 400 seems to help me square the face more than the HZRDUS yellow in my C721. Which is why being aggressive with the C721 is rewarded, while it’s punished with my Max in the form of snap hooks and blocks right of Limbaugh.

It seems to be all about the shafts. I guess it is like dating woman. You can't try them all and eventually you have to settle on one - lol

It seems to be all about the shafts. I guess it is like dating woman. You can't try them all and eventually you have to settle on one - lol
I disagree, Some folks on here change shafts and clubs like madmen!!
Its nice when you find one that works for you but the Hzrdus yellow never felt right to me. The EvenFlow Blue I had on the side felt much better and eventually replaced the Yellow until it snapped 2 weeks ago. Now I am on the hunt again.

I know it's probably stated within the 42 pages of this thread, but is the stock Ventus Red shaft a "made for" Exotics shaft, or is it a "real deal"?

I got the Red Regular in mine but put my own Red stiff it it a couple of weeks later....It was "made for that one" lol, C721 driver has been in my bag since i got it and i don't see it leaving any time soon...Fairway finder extreme

Thanks. But, that doesn't help me out.
I've purchased a few Exotics clubs in the past and some had "made for Exotics" shafts in it. I'm just wondering if the Ventus Red that comes stock is another "made for" shaft, or is it the aftermarket?

I've purchased a few Exotics clubs in the past and some had "made for Exotics" shafts in it. I'm just wondering if the Ventus Red that comes stock is another "made for" shaft, or is it the aftermarket?
I believe that Ventus Red is a Made For TEE, but someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Comparing specs on Fujikura website to TE's, the red core 50 R flex on TE is listed as Ventus 5 on Fujikura - same specs. The core 60 S flex on TE is Ventus 6 on Fujikura site.

It is a "made for" shaft, not a Velocore. The Ventus Velocore is a $350 shaft, almost as much as the entire C721 driver.

C721 really came to play yesterday. Average over 9 drives was 270. Only hit 4/9 fairways, but part of that was being unfamiliar with the course. Of the missed fairways, only one put me in a bad position. The others were still very playable with looks at the green. Highlight though was my long drive thus far with the C721, which led to my first ever eagle!

Screenshot_20210626-091339.jpg

The sound and feel of this driver continue to impress. It gives me confidence because the feedback on well struck shots is so good.

Playing in a scramble today on a course I haven’t played in awhile. Looking forward to seeing how the C721 measures up to where I am usually. I’m betting it will be better.

Playing in a scramble today on a course I haven’t played in awhile. Looking forward to seeing how the C721 measures up to where I am usually. I’m betting it will be better.
Have fun!

Played this morning with my C721, so much fun in the game when you play from the fairway, First hole i was a little cocky coming from the range and flared one right in the trees, bogy resupply, after that, I settled into a small draw all day and went 12 foer 13 in fairways hit. I hit 3 of the par 3's also, funny thing, i made no birdies....lipped a couple out left a couple short in the throat, but a fun day. I sometimes just love hitting this driver and shaping it one way or the other, hit 2 fades today when i wanted.....but driver / 56 deg wedge to a par 4 is fun....#TOUREDGE dropping bombs

Hmmm… as I’ve mentioned with this club- when I get it, it goes. I do tend to have a fairly upward angle of attack- and that goes with any driver I’ve used in the recent high tech, over sized history of drivers. But recent on course ‘misses’ have been high on the face. But at the range the ‘miss’ was low on the face. I put it toward the course being softer with the ‘give’ of the ground making contact a bit lower. So I’d tee it a smidge lower to find the middle-ish. But that would lead to the other miss- straight pull hook. I just poked around last night to a video of my swing front on and noticed something. Ball position. It has crept too far forward trying to launch it high to gain a few yards. It was practically even with my left toe (flared left foot). I seem to have been lunging at it trying to reach it. I found an old pic from many years ago when it was at the heel and I found a lot more FW’s… I mean a LOT.
So it was time to break out the alignment sticks and do some work. New ball position, a tad narrower stance and channel my swing from 20 years ago.(considering I’m 20 years older, of course). You know, I think that might be it. Middled contact much more readily with the draw coming back into play. Yes, there were some straight push shots in there, but they stayed within my “3 pole wide” target fairway or close to it. Flight was better- more mid than high. At least one more range session and another round before the OC trip to work on it. So the potential for this club is there, but this Indian needs to figure out his technique with the bow. There have been moments, but not consistency.

I hit some really, really great drives today. I sprayed two badly when I had a guy in the fairway already (playing a scramble). That was me trying to hit it too hard. The guys I was playing with are older and I was consistently 40-50 yards in front of them. It was a blast and it gave us a good advantage.

I’m a firm believer in the c721 driver. I put a Fuji speeder 661 stiff shaft in mine. It’s right at 3/4 inch shorter than the stock rdx blue. It is a beast.

Went back to the U+ setting, 11.5 & upright and realized if I let the club sit closed at address, I am not slicing the ball. The adjustable driver is new to me and now I realize I was manipulating the club to what I thought was square, which opened the clubhead back open - and I sliced it. Funny how a small thing, can change the outcome. Probably, why we love the game.

Went back to the U+ setting, 11.5 & upright and realized if I let the club sit closed at address, I am not slicing the ball. The adjustable driver is new to me and now I realize I was manipulating the club to what I thought was square, which opened the clubhead back open - and I sliced it. Funny how a small thing, can change the outcome. Probably, why we love the game.
I've adjusted the C721 a bit to both increase and decrease loft, but keep coming back to the standard O setting on my 10.5* head. Didn't have much luck going up or down in loft, but after keeping it at the O setting, I've been getting consistent, long, straight drives. While I was testing I was averaging right around 250. After 2 rounds keeping in at O, I've increased the average by nearly 10 yards. Before my long drive had been 283. The weather has warmed, which helps, but since keeping it at O I've had 5 of 12 drives go over 283 :oops:. Feeling comfortable has allowed me to swing a bit harder, and the RDX Blue/C721 combo has responded.

The comfort level I have with this driver, that it'll keep me in the fairway, or at least close, in the highest I've ever had. I've been this comfortable before, but maybe for a round or 2. I've been playing this driver since March, and I can confidently say this is the most happy I've been with a driver over this long of a period of time.

Took my C721 to a Tour Edge dealer over in Ames. Using the Mizuno Swing DNA for driver, the Tensei CK Orange 60 R came in third behind Tensei Blue R and Blue S. Swings on the LM didn't lie, and the Orange was the clear winner. Like @Carolina Golfer, the fitter dialed up the loft to U+ and at 11.5* it was a different club with longer distances and far less effort.

Turned mine back down to 9.5 yesterday playing at elevation. Rdx blue shaft hitting really well and high. Soft fairways and no roll. Carries from 270 to a best of 290. Love elevation.

So i played in the Marshall play day at the Colonial Yesterday, The driver did not disappoint, We got no warm up or range time so the first 2 drives i over hooked a bit, and pulled the 3rd, Then the beast reared his head and the day was on track, I hit some fairly long ones for me although we only played the course at about 6000 yards according to the card.
I need to have time to loosen up before playing and hit a few balls at least to get my swing in the groove. It was just rushed getting started and wanting to play well for me. After a few holes the Driver really fell into place and as with any large outing, there was a LOT OF WAITING on tee boxes. Getting to the back nine, it was even better, I was able to cut some corners and c carry some bunkers and was shaping the shot when i wanted. Staying in my bag for sure

Staying in my bag for sure
Same. This driver gives me everything. Consistency. Fairways. Distance. Fun. And just when you think you've seen it's best, it surprises you and outdoes itself.

Back