Tour Edge Exotics C722 Ti-Utility Review

Great write up @Jman , the ball speeds you get from this club are very impressive. Such a good looking club and it appears the performance matches the looks!

Just a little bump back to the front for this little beauty. What a hot little package for a utility. I don't know why many continue to overlook Tour Edge

They definitely improved the looks on this from previous models. @Jman do you think this model is easier to elevate than the Iron-wood release from a few years back? Those were beasts, but were low spin/a little hard to launch in the lower lofts.

If I didn't love my 699 Pro Utility so much this would go in the bag. I got to hit one at my local PGASS this week and the points @Jman brought comparing this one to the EXS Ti are spot on. While I generally liked that club it was a bit harsh on off center strikes and the sound never clicked with me.

As much as I love my 4U ill still probably pick one of these up later this year. I'm loving my E722 Driver and have a C722 3 wood coming in this week. TE has a really nice lineup this year.

I got to see the new Tour Edge C722 utility yesterday and compare it to the old one. Was not able to hit it though.

The new one does look good and the replaceable weight would be nice from a fitting standpoint.

I really like my current EXS Ti 4 utility. If you haven’t ever tried a utility iron this would be a nice one to give a whirl.

The utility iron is a very addictive club to hit. You’ll know what I mean after just a few shots.

They definitely improved the looks on this from previous models. @Jman do you think this model is easier to elevate than the Iron-wood release from a few years back? Those were beasts, but were low spin/a little hard to launch in the lower lofts.
I definitely do. Its got a little more spin than I remember with the ironwoods, but, it also has more speed. Which is pretty scary to think about.

Played in 30-35 mph winds yesterday and ended up just hitting stingers all day with this. Still not a fan of the stock shaft FOR ME fit wise, but the head has crazy potential still.

And the speed is absurd.

Pondering one of these to replace the 4i. Just need a little more height compared to the MIM 4i to get the distance I'm looking for as this will primarily be a tee club.

@Jman, do you know if the Speed Tested shafts for iron or driver speeds on this club? And if it's iron, 6i/7i I'm guessing

Speed tested shafts are based on driver swing speeds I believe.

Speed tested shafts are based on driver swing speeds I believe.
I always thought that, but it's odd that my driver swing speed says X flex for the Ti-Utility. Maybe not though as I was fit to an X-Flex in my irons, but not my driver...and the Speed Tested driver shaft is a stiff flex...Tour Edge must have an inside path to my swing tendencies :LOL:

And I should note, I'm having great success with their Speed Tested recommendation for the E722 driver

@Jman does this launch higher than a traditional 3i-4i? Or "should" this launch higher?

@Jman did you reshaft this and give it another go or did you end up sticking with the Fli-Hi?

@Jman did you reshaft this and give it another go or did you end up sticking with the Fli-Hi?
It was put into the bag of one of my HS kids for state as stock. I plan on seeking out a 4U to put against the Fli-Hi.

It was put into the bag of one of my HS kids for state as stock. I plan on seeking out a 4U to put against the Fli-Hi.
Awesome to hear. I'm waffling between getting a 4U as well. I hit my current 4i well (sometimes) and my 4hy well a few more times than the 4i but like the control I have with the iron.

I'm thinking it's more a shaft deal with the hybrid being a touch too soft, but I think I'm leaning towards something shiny and new :LOL:

Awesome to hear. I'm waffling between getting a 4U as well. I hit my current 4i well (sometimes) and my 4hy well a few more times than the 4i but like the control I have with the iron.

I'm thinking it's more a shaft deal with the hybrid being a touch too soft, but I think I'm leaning towards something shiny and new :LOL:
I recently put a utility in the bag, not this one, but to your point, I love the control I have with it. Point and shoot.

Great article! Man I really want to try one of these out. Great looking club!

Found a deal I couldn't refuse on a 3UI with the shaft I'd been wanting to go with. Can't wait to give this one a go.

@Jman after hitting the E722 3w with an X-Stiff Tensei Raw Blue that (I think) is the same available in the Ti-Utility...that is a good shaft for me (thanks TE Speed tested recommendation). I might pull the trigger on a 22° 4i replacement...🤔

I need to get on a monitor with this one but my initial impression right out the gate was that I am very very impressed. The sound was nice and crisp compared to what I remember of the EXS 220 UI. Mishits were felt but not crushing so and on good strikes off the deck it looked to be flying 230 to 240 at the range yesterday.

I'm going to get my grips put on, flatten 1* and lengthen the club a bit to match my plus 0.5 length I have on the rest of my irons. I'm playing this weekend so I'll have a few chances to get some on course impressions but similar to the C722 3W I think this is a club that will stay in the bag for multiple seasons.

Attachments

• 20220514_165053.jpg
    20220514_165053.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 20220514_165116.jpg
    20220514_165116.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 12
I need to get on a monitor with this one but my initial impression right out the gate was that I am very very impressed. The sound was nice and crisp compared to what I remember of the EXS 220 UI. Mishits were felt but not crushing so and on good strikes off the deck it looked to be flying 230 to 240 at the range yesterday.

I'm going to get my grips put on, flatten 1* and lengthen the club a bit to match my plus 0.5 length I have on the rest of my irons. I'm playing this weekend so I'll have a few chances to get some on course impressions but similar to the C722 3W I think this is a club that will stay in the bag for multiple seasons.
What shaft is in there?

It is a good looking utility..

Back