Tour Edge Exotics C722 Ti-Utility Review

I think I'm replacing my 4i and 4hy in the bag with this thing. It was consistently longer distance than my 4i by a good 10-15y, coming close to the 4hy in distance, but a little lower height but way more accurate today. I was hooking the 4hy a lot and with this being primarily a tee club to go 220-230y I don't really care about height... however it was fun on my sim round today to go at @ green 217y away on a par 5...the image below was the result...I flew the green!!!

Also ball speed ranges from 135-141 on well struck shots and I completely whiffed on one and hit it low heel and it still carried 200y with a 130 ball speed. My 4i could barely get 200y on a solid strike 😀

20220601_125538.jpg

My 4i Ti-Utility came through amazingly today. Used it 4 times off the tee and averaged 210y. Missed one fairway and it was off the fairway by a yard or two. This was as point and shoot of a club as I might have ever had. The course I played had weird fairway cut offs at like 230y on 2 holes and really narrow fairways on 2 others which is where I used this club perfectly.

Interesting observation today in the garage...while sweating like crazy in my 90°+ garage hitting a few shots on the LM just because it's been a few days...

I was hitting this on the "range" and on one particularly well struck shot with a CSX LS...there was a small yellow spark that jumped off the face (or the ball) at contact. I know titanium and other metals can create sparks, but I figured the urethane cover would prevent that. No issue with damage to either club or ball, but just interesting

Reading of @Jman's review. I am thinking I may be leaning towards the Ti 17* over the C722 5w. As much as I love the C722 13*, I think a utility might make more sense for how I would be using it.

Reading of @Jman's review. I am thinking I may be leaning towards the Ti 17* over the C722 5w. As much as I love the C722 13*, I think a utility might make more sense for how I would be using it.
Do it!!!

The Ti-Utility is a great tee club. I use my 22° a lot (when I'm not on a family vacation and didn't bring my clubs :LOL:)

Ponder over. Ti 17* has been ordered.

I'm not sure I'd get a 17° utility off the ground :LOL:
Let's hope I can; otherwise, this will be short lived purchase. In reality, I would be using the 17* a majority of the time off the tee and with the 94g shaft, rather than the heavier steel shafts in my other irons, I think it will be playable off the deck.

I played a sim round today and one hole was significantly downhill and had a valley of let's just call it garbage you didn't want to hit into. I pulled the 22° Ti-Utility and carried it normalized 215y (and boy did that shot feel pure). The total distance on the sim was 251y 😲. Good thing I played that club. I know the new Stealth UDI is getting all the headlines this week leading up to the Open, but man the TEE Ti-Utility would do some damage on those links courses

It feels like a rocket when hit well and even miss hits travel far enough to be in the area I'd expect. I miss hit one badly today and it still carried 202y (normalized LM) and total distance was 210y on the course. That's everything I want this club to be...Oh and it flies as straight as you'd want or can curve it on command. I'm not one to shape shots regularly, so I prefer the straight ball flight off the tee.

Last edited:
I played a sim round today and one hole was significantly downhill and had a valley of let's just call it garbage you didn't want to hit into. I pulled the 23° Ti-Utility and carried it normalized 215y (and boy did that shot feel pure). The total distance on the sim was 251y 😲. Good thing I played that club. I know the new Stealth UDI is getting all the headlines this week leading up to the Open, but man the TEE Ti-Utility would do some damage on those links courses

It feels like a rocket when hit well and even miss hits travel far enough to be in the area I'd expect. I miss hit one badly today and it still carried 202y (normalized LM) and total distance was 210y on the course. That's everything I want this club to be...Oh and it flies as straight as you'd want or can curve it on command. I'm not one to shape shots regularly, so I prefer the straight ball flight off the tee.
I love hearing this. How would characterize the forgiveness of it? Similar to the irons?

I love hearing this. How would characterize the forgiveness of it? Similar to the irons?
I think it is more forgiving than my Cobra Tour MIMs, which is why I dropped the 4i from that set. I'd say it's as forgiving as any hollow bodied iron out there, but with the TI face has more horsepower

I think it is more forgiving than my Cobra Tour MIMs, which is why I dropped the 4i from that set. I'd say it's as forgiving as any hollow bodied iron out there, but with the TI face has more horsepower
Ok, any players or players distance type hollow bodied iron. I'm sure there are some Game Improvement type hollow bodied irons that have more forgiveness

Nice. I ordered mine yesterday with custom specs. It is slated to arrive Friday, which is unbelievable on Tour Edge's part.

Nice. I ordered mine yesterday with custom specs. It is slated to arrive Friday, which is unbelievable on Tour Edge's part.
Yea, TEE has some crazy turnaround times right now especially with the supply issues other companies are dealing with

Yea, TEE has some crazy turnaround times right now especially with the supply issues other companies are dealing with
Yep. Those turnaround times made TEE an easy choice. Years ago I had the TEE CBProh driving iron and was a distance machine.

Funny you mentioned forgiveness today. Tour Edge sent out their newsletter and another site's ranking had the Ti-Utility as the "most forgiving"

Where I disagree with the test is how low it says the distance is...🤔...I'm not sure if I'd want the 4i Ti-Utility to go any farther...it'd be bad gapping in my bag

Where I disagree with the test is how low it says the distance is...🤔...I'm not sure if I'd want the 4i Ti-Utility to go any farther...it'd be bad gapping in my bag
That “test” is hilarious, as usual.

That said, it is forgiving, it’s also the second highest ball speeds I’ve tested in a UT.

Not sure I would agree with all those test results either. TEE does distance hahahaha

For anyone looking at this as an option that struggles with fairway woods like I tend to I cannot recommend this enough. Last month in a scramble aside from a few 'safe' driving holes I whipped out my 3UI and in almost every situation that's the ball we played.

My miss with a FW can be almost anywhere. I can put a nice easy swing on the C722 3W and knock that ball out to 250+ right down the middle, or show you other adjacent holes depending on the day. With this club even on my misses it'll be straight. I know that's indicative of a swing issue that I have with fairway woods but having this as an option off the tee that I'm also totally comfortable with off the grass to get me a solid 220+ has made longer holes allot of fun this summer.

For anyone looking at this as an option that struggles with fairway woods like I tend to I cannot recommend this enough. Last month in a scramble aside from a few 'safe' driving holes I whipped out my 3UI and in almost every situation that's the ball we played.

My miss with a FW can be almost anywhere. I can put a nice easy swing on the C722 3W and knock that ball out to 250+ right down the middle, or show you other adjacent holes depending on the day. With this club even on my misses it'll be straight. I know that's indicative of a swing issue that I have with fairway woods but having this as an option off the tee that I'm also totally comfortable with off the grass to get me a solid 220+ has made longer holes allot of fun this summer.
My thoughts exactly with this club...safety shots when driver isn't the play and the 3w is a little squirrelly

It’s here. Hoping to test it out this weekend. Definitely had more width than my HMP 16* but that’s not a bad thing.
90DAEEDD-33A9-4D82-86E6-B269E25CAC43.jpeg7609CA45-3141-4E41-84A2-06D92A7C3B18.jpeg8A9F81EA-4C90-40E7-95BC-28E3A1832F1F.jpeg08D7ECBA-B635-44ED-AFAA-F201266B0677.jpeg

I think that looks exactly like the 2i used by the golfers in the Nicklaus era 🤔...no wonder they could hit that shot so well

Good luck with the new club. It'll be dangerous off the tee

Back