Tour Edge Exotics CBX 119 Fairway Woods and Hybrids

Had another great weekend on the course with my CBX 119 Fairway. Hit 7 out of 8 fairways with it and was getting comments on how long it was. I was hitting by my 4 ball partner's 3 wood by 30 yards and keeping up with 2 others with their drivers.

It is just so easy to hit. Thanks THP and Tour Edge

I did a comparison of my CBX 119 3w 15* to a newly acquired Cobra F9 15*. As I mentioned in another thread the face on the CBX seems bigger at first but it isn't. It does have more of a rounded head than the F9 which is more flatter and sharper lines. From what I have seen so far the CBX seemed to spin less than my F9. Other than that so far there hasn't been much advantage over the other. Which shows the quality of the Tour Edge line compared to the big boys. I obviously need more time with both to get more of an opinion but so far the CBX held its own.

image_36819.jpg

Now my 119 20* 2 hybrid, that's a solid spot in my bag. I LOVE it

Curious to see if you prefer the blue or black. It should be there today.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

kevin81002;n8897781 said:
Curious to see if you prefer the blue or black. It should be there today.

I cant wait to try it out. Thanks

Probably a separate thread but these guys are my Most Improved Brand for 2019. Its like they understood their DNA and decided to act and market like the killer brand they are. Very excited with whats ahead with these guys.They strike me as wanting to be the best not the biggest.

annsguy;n8898029 said:
Probably a separate thread but these guys are my Most Improved Brand for 2019. Its like they understood their DNA and decided to act and market like the killer brand they are. Very excited with whats ahead with these guys.They strike me as wanting to be the best not the biggest.

Im impressed for sure. I wouldn't of chose to try them on my own but after seeing others test them and testing them myself im a fan for sure. Great equipment

I don't think I could have expected the 3 wood to be this good! I feel so confident with when I stand up on a tight par 4! I have been able work it in both directions when I need to.

The hybrid is very good too! It is high launching but with the reduced spin, it penetrates the wind really nicely!

Any questions for me on either, just let me know!

The hybrid is very good too! It is high launching but with the reduced spin, it penetrates the wind really nicely!

So stoked with my hybrid. I was in a dark hole with that spot in my bag at the end of last year / beginning of this year as I just couldn't get along with any hybrid I tried. The looks at address, the feel of it paired with the PX EvenFlow black shaft, pure money for me. It wont be going anywhere. 119 hybrids are for real

I am making a shaft change in my 119 3W so im pretty excited to see how that fairs out. Will report back with that.

So stoked with my hybrid. I was in a dark hole with that spot in my bag at the end of last year / beginning of this year as I just couldn't get along with any hybrid I tried. The looks at address, the feel of it paired with the PX EvenFlow black shaft, pure money for me. It wont be going anywhere. 119 hybrids are for real

I am making a shaft change in my 119 3W so im pretty excited to see how that fairs out. Will report back with that.

I think these hybrids are some of the most underrated out there.

So you prefer the black over the blue? I would have thought the blue would have been a perfect fit for you.

So you prefer the black over the blue? I would have thought the blue would have been a perfect fit for you.

Well, I thought the same. Im not done playing around with it yet as im not 100%.....but man that black is a hammer paired with the 119 head. I haven't put a different grip on the blue shaft yet so we'll see.

Well, I thought the same. Im not done playing around with it yet as im not 100%.....but man that black is a hammer paired with the 119 head. I haven't put a different grip on the blue shaft yet so we'll see.
Right on. It's always fun to have a couple options to use and test.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Currently my 119 15* 3W head is getting installed into my UST Mamiya The ATTAS 7S shaft. I cant wait to try out this combo......

Right on. It's always fun to have a couple options to use and test.

Been testing back and forth on the blue and black shafts in the 119 head.......I can honestly say I like both. This club just fits what I want in all aspects.

Both stock offerings from Project X are great in this setup.

PX Evenflow black is stiffer and has more of a mid penetrating flight. Yet it is anything but a "boardy" feeling.
PX Evenflow blue is a little smoother with more of a mid/higher flight. You don't have to swing near as hard with this one

I know Tour Edge was wanting us to test and review the 119 woods with stock offering shafts. I was sent the 119 3W with the HZRDUS Smoke shaft which is a stock offering from Tour Edge. And although it wasn't bad and its still a premium shaft, im not much of a fan of the HZRDUS line in PX. Its to boardy feeling for me. At least the Black and Smoke lines I have tried. Smoke is a little less but still too stiff for me.

With that said, im still liking what I am seeing and getting from the CBX 119 3W so I made a swap to my UST Mamiya The ATTAS 7S shaft. Im pretty excited to test out this combo even though its an exotic combination.

Regarding the stock offerings in the Hybrids, I was sent the PX EvenFlow black shaft in it. And I can say I actually really like it and the entire setup there. That setup will not be changing. I have also tested the EvenFlow blue as stated in the previous post which is excellent also. Still unsure which one I like best

A clean picture of the 119 2 hybrid that Tour Edge posted on FB. Thought I would share....

6.jpg

Forgot to mention, before the first round last Sunday I put my CBX 119 2 hybrid with the PX Evenflow black shaft in one of our playing partners bags and told him to game it today. He instantly took it out of the bag while we were on the range and he was like wow I really like the feel of that. When we got to 16 or 17 and after several really great shots form him with it that day, he came to me and asked how much I wanted to buy it. I was like uhhh, well im not really looking to sell it haha. He said he was really impressed and after looking what I put in his bag he wasn't to sure what to expect from it. He also sent me a text message that night asking again lol

They have a really good product going here people, if you havnt tried it your not doing yourself a favor. Take advantage of the trial offer. If it doesn't work for you, no harm no foul. Just keep it honest and find a shaft you like and give it a go

Last edited:
2.jpg

The price on their site for the fw is down to $199...... sooo tempting. Might nab one me thinks.

Question is.....16.5 or 18?

I need to try this hybrid sooner than later. I've picked up on the vibe in here about it, seen JB make some tweets/grams about it and even eye balled it at the PGA store a few weeks ago. A lot of hybrids to me sit closed at address. The 119 looked so square when I placed it down and the face looked (to my eye) liked plenty of loft to get the ball airborn and that was with the 19 degree.

Oh snap, from @DNice26 post, just saw the hybrids are down to $169 from $250. Hummmmmm.

The price on their site for the fw is down to $199...... sooo tempting. Might nab one me thinks.

Question is.....16.5 or 18?
I need to try this hybrid sooner than later. I've picked up on the vibe in here about it, seen JB make some tweets/grams about it and even eye balled it at the PGA store a few weeks ago. A lot of hybrids to me sit closed at address. The 119 looked so square when I placed it down and the face looked (to my eye) liked plenty of loft to get the ball airborn and that was with the 19 degree.

Oh snap, from @DNice26 post, just saw the hybrids are down to $169 from $250. Hummmmmm.

30 day test drive fellas. You don't like it, no questions asked send it back for full refund.

..........but it will find a spot in your bag

30 day test drive fellas. You don't like it, no questions asked send it back for full refund.

..........but it will find a spot in your bag

104F690D-BA4F-4E15-A59C-8FFD0A2F5ADD.jpeg
???

Nice! Confused though, that's a CBX 119 head with a previous model CBX cover?

Back