Tour Edge Exotics CBX 119 Fairway Woods and Hybrids

Pay It Forward Opportunity:

For my CBX 119 15* 3 wood with a Project X HZRDUS Smoke 60g 6.0 flex shaft.

After trying a few more times with this shaft head combo I really just don't think it fits my moderate swing speed and very slow transition, but I was blessed to get to try it and I think in the right hands this could be a real weapon. If you would like to have a chance just reply to this post and tell me why you think the club would work for you. I will pick a name from the group whose swing profile most fits the club and send it to them. Albatross members only and free shipping.

Great gesture @DataDude.

Please keep in mind, this isn't just for a "free" club. If you want the opportunity for this club, please be willing to test and review it as we have been doing.

Great gesture @DataDude.

Please keep in mind, this isn't just for a "free" club. If you want the opportunity for this club, please be willing to test and review it as we have been doing.

Yes absolutely. I want someone who can really get after a fairway wood because I think it would fit them the best. I don't think I am capable of giving the shaft a fair shake so I really want someone who can talk about how awesome this club works for them. I am a hack and this is not a hacks club LOL!!!

Well, about that. Prolly should take it to the Project X thread...but I havnt been a fan of the HZRDUS line at all so PX hasn't been high on my meter. So I was somewhat relieved when the hybrid showed up with the Evenflow as I havnt hit it yet. And I will say I do like it. I feel like I can feel the club more with the EvenFlow for sure and I like that. Now I havnt hit the blue to compare so I wouldn't know, but so far my biased opinion on the black I do like and as of right now do not plan to change it out.
Evenflow black for me is a much more stable shaft than the blue. Blue is designed for more of a smooth transition while the black is for more of an aggressive transition.

That being said, I really haven't had much of a hard time with the blue in my hybrid. But with it being 6.0, I have to be a little careful at how fast I try to swing it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Evenflow black for me is a much more stable shaft than the blue. Blue is designed for more of a smooth transition while the black is for more of an aggressive transition.

That being said, I really haven't had much of a hard time with the blue in my hybrid. But with it being 6.0, I have to be a little careful at how fast I try to swing it.

Interesting. Im a smooth transition guy and I like the feel of the black. But, I havnt tried the blue either.......

After trying a few more times with this shaft head combo I really just don't think it fits my moderate swing speed and very slow transition, but I was blessed to get to try it and I think in the right hands this could be a real weapon. If you would like to have a chance just reply to this post and tell me why you think the club would work for you. I will pick a name from the group whose swing profile most fits the club and send it to them. Albatross members only and free shipping.

What an AWESOME gesture! I would love the opportunity to review the CBX 119. I am currently gaming the TEE XCG6 with the Matrix Blacktie shaft and it's been a bomber for me for the past 3 or 4 years. I would love an upgrade and the CBX 119 has been of particular interest for me. I've said, nothing but a TEE fairway will ever go in my bag! Thanks for the chance!

Official review:

I was able to play some holes last night.
Looks: classic and square at set up. I really like the deeper face when hitting it off the tee.
Feel: At contact it feels almost identical to the fairway wood. Which I like more composite crown fairways.

I hit it on a slightly dowhill 400 yard par 4 that narrows significantly at 140. I started it at the edge of the right trees and drew it in to the fairway to 165 out.

The 3 wood is getting 3-4 tee shots a round and haven't had 1 shot cause a double or worse. It is staying in the ball park which is giving me more confidence.

Last edited:
Yes absolutely. I want someone who can really get after a fairway wood because I think it would fit them the best. I don't think I am capable of giving the shaft a fair shake so I really want someone who can talk about how awesome this club works for them. I am a hack and this is not a hacks club LOL!!!

A cool gesture. I fall on the cusp of the player profile for the shaft. I am working on being more aggressive on my swing versus the smoother swing I have played with most of my golf life.
I have hit the club (At a demo day.Dont remember the shaft set up) and I am going to buy the hybrid as quickly as I can save some bucks. I hit the hybrid as well as any I have tried. I would enjoy the challenge of wriitng a review. I have a wife who has won Emmy and Morrow awards for writing and a son who during his summer break from college is writing for a newspaper in the Northeast on early presidential candidates. If my word smithing runs dry I know I can count of them for the right phrase. Of course they would probably just say, "No dad you just suck at golf"

Man I hope it drys out today......and at least its open for walking tomorrow. We had a monsoon yesterday and I really want to get more time with my hybrid.

On another note, keep in mind @DataDude wants to find someone that can review his 3W beyond what he has already done. C'mon Albatross members

Hoping to get out tomorrow night for mens night!

What an awesome gesture, I'd be open to gaming it, the HZRDUS smoke shaft has really been one I've liked and the CBX line of heads just really give me a ton of pop, and I do have a gap open in the top of my bag lineup for it, would love to game it and post my thoughts long term in this thread!

Going to give everyone one more day. Sounds like 3 willing participants. Anyone else want to test this CBX 119 3 wood? I think it will be a rocket launcher in the right hands.

Thanks again! Fingers crossed!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Going to give everyone one more day. Sounds like 3 willing participants. Anyone else want to test this CBX 119 3 wood? I think it will be a rocket launcher in the right hands.
If this was an opportunity for a hybrid, definitely be a different story for me.

Awesome opportunity for someone!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OK, I got 3 good entries and did an Excel randbetween function to randomly pick a winner and the winner is IceyShanks!!! Send me a PM with your address and I will get the club out ASAP!! I just ask that you do a write up once you have played it enough.

OK, I got 3 good entries and did an Excel randbetween function to randomly pick a winner and the winner is IceyShanks!!! Send me a PM with your address and I will get the club out ASAP!! I just ask that you do a write up once you have played it enough.

Awesome, thanks, can't wait to put it through the paces and provide my thoughts in here!

Congratulations Icey! Hit her great!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

congrats Icey

Full Review of Tour Edge Exotics CBX 119 20* Hybrid with Project X EvenFlow Blue 75g 6.0 shaft

Looks:

When I first pulled this out of the bag it looked great. The same sole as the fairway wood inspired the same confidence that it was made to slide across turf easily and get to the ball on the downswing. The finish and overall look is one of high quality. I also like the labels for all the tech including the titanium face. The headcover is a good one and has Tour Edge unique high energy blue and red which I really like.

Feel Part 1: The feel in hand is pretty solid and it has a nice heft to it. When you address the ball the face appears to be very square and maybe even slightly open which is a huge relief for me as I have a tendency to really hook the hybrids I have played (I hook everything when my swing is off). This club really has a nice waggle weight to it. When I am addressing the ball and getting situated it just feels good in hand, not too heavy, not too light.

Feel Part 2: The feel on impact is of a solid thud. It is easy to tell when you're out on the toe and a bit harder to tell if you miss on the heel. Lower contact has more of a thud and middle contact gets a bit more thwacky like an iron. The ball coming off feels like it is going places and at least for me I feel like I know where to look when I lift my head based on the feedback I got. This was a new sensation with hybrids, but I liked it a lot.

Performance. This is a rocket launcher honestly. It's the same loft as my 4 iron and there is no gapping problem at all because I hit it about 15 yard further. For the slimmer head profile of this hybrid there is also a lot of height when this thing is hit well. It can really get up in the air. It seems to be extremely low spin which I think is the goal of this line so there is some rollout on shots. Nothing big but something to be aware of in certain situations. For my game I need the extra distance so I am glad it is there, but I have rolled into a couple of bunkers from way out when I was not really expecting to even be close to them (210 on one shot which is really long for me). It also works well for all the other things I do with my hybrid like hit punch shots, stingers, and even chip from time to time. Finally for all you hybrid hookers this club is a blessing as it does not hook automatically. In fact I am hitting some beautiful high fades with this club. This was totally unexpected, but I think it is due to the very minimal (none to my eye) offset of the head from the shaft.

Overall Grade: I give this a A. It's a really good hybrid and I have put it in the bag for real. I just love the overall package and it does what I want it to do. I ditched my Titleist 818 H2 17* for this club as this one just worked better. I really enjoy this club and would encourage anyone looking for a hybrid and especially anyone who struggles with a hooking hybrid to check this line out, I don't think you will be disappointed.

Playing partner Adam and his thoughts on the 119 2 hybrid. Btw, this was fun to watch this......

https://youtu.be/LTQlO27WDZw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adam also wanted to shoot one with the 3wd. And....this was hammered...60 yards from the green in the middle

https://youtu.be/UYIpEoh0G3E

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good stuff 2BFast!!!

ya he smoked that ball!!!!

Yes, right around the trees. Then he goes "the greens are too soft to play a bump and run to the pin, im flying this all way way" Then he flew the green haha....he was HOT. Which the pin was all the way to the back so he really didn't miss that much but he was in the green side bunker behind it now short sided. Then he hit a filthy sand shot from a hard packed bunker to a short sided pin with the green running away hard. It was dirty

We did do a test on the hole prior with the CBX 3W and his current gamer Taylormade SLDR. He had about 265 out on his second shot on the par 5. Hit the CBX, higher than his normal ball flight. Then his Taylormade was about 10-20 yards further which is also lower lofted also. Pound for pound I think if I handed him the loft he wanted and the right shaft specs it would be in his bag no question.

He also likes the hybrid well. The weight on it is much better than the weight of the 3W.

I LOVE this hybrid. Like I have said before, I have been back and forth in that spot in my bag and I really think I solidified it with this club. Im also really liking the shaft in it, I was very hesitant on PX shaft after really not liking HZRDUS.....but I really like this Evenflow.

Good stuff 2BFast!!!

Thanks man. I enjoy watching him test clubs. With his abilities is great to get good feedback. Not saying ours isn't, but having a good ball striker test these also is another take in the review.

Back