Tour Edge Exotics CBX 119 Fairway Woods and Hybrids

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Yep. Way up on the hit list right away, particularly the fairway. I reviewed the CBX and gamed it off and on through the year and it was the only fairway I was legitimately getting juuuuuuuust less than driver ball speed off of, and spin killer was 1000% correct.

Really want to find a way to give this one a go as well. Also, kudos to TE for staying in that price realm of 299, it wasn’t but a couple years ago they were still producing 400+ dollar fairways!

Agree with JMan on the pricing. Kudos to TEE for producing high end products at a high, but not industry leading, price point.

I think these are a bit above my skill level, ball speed capability but am glad they've continued to fine tune the line.

Agree with JMan on the pricing. Kudos to TEE for producing high end products at a high, but not industry leading, price point.

I think these are a bit above my skill level, ball speed capability but am glad they've continued to fine tune the line.

Careful agreeing with me, you’ll get a nasty reputation hahahaha

These just got bumped up on my "need to try" list. Even Flow as stock shafts too.....maybe my Ex10 beta will finally get replaced.

I’m surprised in a good way with the price.

Looking forward to more about these. Should finally have the previous model in hand later today. I am also glad to see they are maintaining a more competitive pricing structure.

The prior iteration was definitely the longest fw I have tried. I really like the stock shaft options, although I need to read up on the EvenFlow Red.

AMAZING to me that the chatter for TEE fairways is still so little.

Yes, Callaway made strides. Yes, TM is bringing Ti back to one of their models.

But, NO-ONE does fairways like David and his crew, for YEEEEEEEEEEARS now. If you want ball speed and distance, you want TEE.

AMAZING to me that the chatter for TEE fairways is still so little.

Yes, Callaway made strides. Yes, TM is bringing Ti back to one of their models.

But, NO-ONE does fairways like David and his crew, for YEEEEEEEEEEARS now. If you want ball speed and distance, you want TEE.

Yep. If I was not so happy with the E8 Beta in the bag (famous last words), I would be seriously looking at upgrading to this one.

Yep. If I was not so happy with the E8 Beta in the bag (famous last words), I would be seriously looking at upgrading to this one.

Thats the one that first blew me away.

Solid write-up. These just scream performance and better player. I'd be curious to hit them though as TE makes exceptional clubs. The shaft pairings are fantastic, I would really like one of the fairways with the EF Red.

Oh and price is fantastic

Great write up JB! A titanium face and carbon sole, wow, that is a lot of weight forward to reduce spin, very interesting.

Thank you. Glad you enjoyed it.

All this buzz about TEE is intriguing. I would like to give the CBX hybrid a go to compare it to my Cleveland HB

as a complete neophyte when it comes to Tour Edge gear how do these compare to the EXS line? I have been looking at other woods but seeing how the EXS driver blew me away (current hard ponder) I think I should consider TEE fairway options.

I want something in my 5w spot (essentially a hybrid replacement) that I would mostly hit off the deck. Get up high and drop steep. right now leaning pretty hard towards a standard Rogue.

In the 3+ spot I want something to mainly hit off the tee. a lower spin/lower flight runner. (forgiveness would be a bonus here but I understand that isn't as easy to come by in a low spin head) currently leaning towards a TS3 or Rogue SZ.

any insight would be greatly appreciated!

also, what does "beta" mean in the TEE world? 2nd gen? Thanks!

Thats the one that first blew me away.

I loved the previous model as well. For the average golfer, I can understand why they fly under the radar, but I am surprised there are not more "serious" golfers who have TEE in the bag.

as a complete neophyte when it comes to Tour Edge gear how do these compare to the EXS line? I have been looking at other woods but seeing how the EXS driver blew me away (current hard ponder) I think I should consider TEE fairway options.

I want something in my 5w spot (essentially a hybrid replacement) that I would mostly hit off the deck. Get up high and drop steep. right now leaning pretty hard towards a standard Rogue.

In the 3+ spot I want something to mainly hit off the tee. a lower spin/lower flight runner. (forgiveness would be a bonus here but I understand that isn't as easy to come by in a low spin head) currently leaning towards a TS3 or Rogue SZ.

I may be a bit off, but in previous iterations, the Beta was usually a deeper faced, lower spinning option, which might appeal to someone who would be using it more off the tee than the deck.

I like the updated look, this was a set of clubs I kept hearing great things about, but never got a chance to game, as a FW/Hybrid avoider, this have still always peaked my interest.

Will be lower launching and spinning, and likely a little more demanding, than the EXS which is focused on launch.

When I hear lower spin in a hybrid I get a little hesitant because I want to be able to hit a hybrid and have it stick on the green. Distance is great but it’s not everything.

When I hear lower spin in a hybrid I get a little hesitant because I want to be able to hit a hybrid and have it stick on the green. Distance is great but it’s not everything.

I'll say this, I was surprised with the spin on the original CBX (in my bag now at 19), was not as "low" as I have seen with other offerings out there like the F9 and several of Callaway's.

But ball speed was/is, LEGIT. And launch.

I'll say this, I was surprised with the spin on the original CBX (in my bag now at 19), was not as "low" as I have seen with other offerings out there like the F9 and several of Callaway's.

But ball speed was/is, LEGIT. And launch.

Oh I still want to try and find one to try but I don’t expect it to be a good fit. Mind you I still haven’t found a better fit for me and what I want out of a hybrid with what is currently in my bag.

I've really been looking forward to this release, can't wait to try them, specifically the 16.5. Heck, I may even buy it without trying it first.

Instantly on the ponder list..... hmm....

Back