Tour Edge Exotics CBX Iron-Wood

Would be awesome to test this against my Srixon U85 pound for pound.......

Got the 4-22* Iron-Wood out on the course the other day, only a few shots with it, all from the fairway, and I'm very happy with the results of the ones I hit well (my ball striking was all over the place all day). Like @J.B. Cobb III , I was expecting a pretty low ball flight with the HZRDUS Black shaft, especially since my normal ball flight is a bit low anyway, but I was getting a pretty much mid to mid-low-flight, very similar to my regular 4-iron, that I was really pleased with. Pretty sure this will be replacing the 4-iron full time, being that it seams to be easier to hit and a bit longer.

Would be awesome to test this against my Srixon U85 pound for pound.......
We should play a round... the ZU85 was runner up of the 4 hyrons I tested... I'd be interested to see what you thought

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
We should play a round... the ZU85 was runner up of the 4 hyrons I tested... I'd be interested to see what you thought

I know!!! We've been saying this for awhile now and every time it comes back up its at the end of the season! haha

What were the differences between the CBX and U85 that you felt that the CBX came out on top?

I know!!! We've been saying this for awhile now and every time it comes back up its at the end of the season! haha

What were the differences between the CBX and U85 that you felt that the CBX came out on top?
Forgiveness low and toward the toe. The 3IW was just stupid straight, and really shined in forgiveness low and toward the toe. Seems like poor strikes were negligible. The ZU85 still had plenty of forgiveness, and IMO superior sound, but the CBX won out due to pure ease of use.

Forgiveness low and toward the toe. The 3IW was just stupid straight, and really shined in forgiveness low and toward the toe. Seems like poor strikes were negligible. The ZU85 still had plenty of forgiveness, and IMO superior sound, but the CBX won out due to pure ease of use.

Thanks. I cant wait to try it out. Really impressed with Tour Edge products.

I agree with this. The forgiveness towards the toe is unlike so many other irons out there.

Looking through the bay to try and find a 4 23* head only......thought I had one but it was a 3.

Hit the PW and AW this weekend at our subdivision’s Par 3 tournament. Super easy to hit. Good distance...fairly long. Hitting the ball mid-high....lands soft. A lot of seniors playing this weekend. Had a couple hit these...they loved them! A good iron for anyone! And on closeout, a steal!

Hit the PW and AW this weekend at our subdivision’s Par 3 tournament. Super easy to hit. Good distance...fairly long. Hitting the ball mid-high....lands soft. A lot of seniors playing this weekend. Had a couple hit these...they loved them! A good iron for anyone! And on closeout, a steal!
Been reading your quotes posts - I'm intrigued:

1571076902546.png

@2BFAST....you need to get one of these. I want to try it

@2BFAST....you need to get one of these. I want to try it

Count on it....im going to put something together. Im 1-0 with my curiosity with Tour Edge and I could be 2-0 with these

Went out last weekend and these continue to shine off of the turf and in intermediate rough, much better than I originally expected. I had a succesful 120ish yard punch out that I was able to keep low under the trees with the 3iw, the exact shot that made me hesitant to game these. So far so good with the iron woods.

I have an offer out on a 4i....hopefully he bites

I have an offer out on a 4i....hopefully he bites

Sweet! He accepted! Im going to put this into a Recoil 780 ES SmacWrap shaft

Well my CBX Iron Wood 4i showed up today already! For the record it’s paired with a PX HZRDUS Black shaft. Not gonna lie, I’m not a fan of HZRDUS shafts especially the black. But, I’m going to give it a shot. No fear, if it doesn’t work out I have a Recoil 780 ES SmacWrap shaft ready to put in it compliments of Mr. Le. For the record as in many other threads I like to compare to my current gamers. I’m comparing to my Srixon U85 4i 23* with a Recoil 95 F4 shaft which is stock.

Now onto my initial thoughts. Out of the box and in person it’s def a clean looking head. It’s simple yet its thicker on the bottom end most likely due to the cup face design. But the top line is leaner and rounder than the gamer. It looks great I think. Picture quality isn’t the greatest but I plan to get more
8FE88C55-794B-4121-AFEE-F65F10A29726.jpeg
B6BDB813-34B6-4B56-84C6-88B5B74A4A25.jpeg
D3C38F69-09AD-4622-8D39-BECDA8CDF103.jpeg
BCB7A6D8-B578-4075-A1B1-4848DA6E7903.jpegF64ED1DE-90EB-468E-81E6-D2BD1F2C30C4.jpegE9924345-2D66-4DC8-A0FF-89E1FD072AC8.png

Cant wait to try it out. Again, for the record this isnt part of the TEEm participation from this year. This is solely my curiosity out of my pocket testing from a company that is making top quality equipment that can compete with the big boys. I can’t wait to hit this and I hope to tomorrow night

CE1492CE-ACD9-482A-87E0-C949101F8813.jpeg

Last edited:
Got to use my CBX 4-22* Ironwood on the course again yesterday, just a couple of shots, but WOW!

First was off the fairway on a par-5, dead straight, and the GPS said 213 yds. That is farther than I hit my TEE EX9 Tour 20* Hybrid by at least 15 - 20 yds.

Second was a tee shot on a short par-4, looking for about 200 yds, hit it dead center, 205 yds according to the GPS.

THIS THING IS DEFINITELY STAYING IN THE BAG!

Had my weekly lesson last night and I brought this to use along with a 50* gap wedge during my lesson. And it got a workout.......

At address is really easy on the eyes. You don't notice the bigger sole as much as one would think. Its still there, but the thinner top line really takes your eye off of it. Once I got in a groove as to what we were working on for the night, the stripe show began. Man this thing can launch a ball. Its soft yet you still know where you hit it on the face. Next time im going to bring my SC200 with me to see about how far I was hitting it but it was getting out there. Mid/High ball flight but very penetrating. And I have to admit......I was really skiddish on the PX HZRDUS black shaft that's in it before hitting it......but im not afraid to admit I actually kinda grew to like it in this giddy up.

I need to do some on course testing with it hopefully this weekend but im hoping I don't have gapping issues with my 5i as far as it looked like I was getting it out there.

After last night its def inching its way in the bag and moving the U85 out......more this weekend hopefully

I was trolling ebay to see the going rate on the cbx 2iron... welp, got one coming my way, the battle for the 4 wood spot will begin shortly

I was trolling ebay to see the going rate on the cbx 2iron... welp, got one coming my way, the battle for the 4 wood spot will begin shortly

Nice. Shaft?

Hzrdus black, but I will throw a proforce V2 in there.

Nice. Shaft?
Also, saw you were digging this shaft, you can have the 2i and 3i hzrdus black 6.0 pulls if you want to throw them in a different head.

Hit the 7 iron during my lesson Saturday. Very impressed by these clubs. Very forgiving, but still look like a traditional iron at address. My instructor hit them and was blown away. As a blade guy, he really liked the looks and performance. I’m a big fan of the HZRDUS Black shafts. Feel and sound are great. These and the Hogan PTx Pro irons are the best I have hit this year....and I have hit a ton of different irons!

Also, saw you were digging this shaft, you can have the 2i and 3i hzrdus black 6.0 pulls if you want to throw them in a different head.
I think I’m good for right now. Can’t wait to see what you put together!

Back