Tour Edge Exotics E723 Driver Review

Umm, it’s priced nice. :ROFLMAO: It wasn’t for me. I gamed the original EXS, and have hit every iteration of diamond face since. I like the previous drivers better personally. Kyle did say this was the best performing head for slow swing speed players they had in the shop.
Well I would be one of those slow swing speed guys, normally around 88 - 90 mph :cool:. I also had the EXS which worked great for me, and the EXS 220 which didn't. Actually, back to the sound, the E723 really reminds me of the EXS.They both sounded like a cannon when hitting range balls, but not nearly as bad with my QSTs, or other good balls.

Well I would be one of those slow swing speed guys, normally around 88 - 90 mph :cool:. I also had the EXS which worked great for me, and the EXS 220 which didn't. Actually, back to the sound, the E723 really reminds me of the EXS.They both sounded like a cannon when hitting range balls, but not nearly as bad with my QSTs, or other good balls.

Yeah, the EXS would let you know you were there. :ROFLMAO:

Well, the new shaft showed up yesterday, a Fujikura Ventus Red 4T 50R for the E723 driver. Plugged it in at the same settings that have been working for me with the UST Elements Chrome, "Upright Neutral", which is 180* out from the standard "Neutral" position, which put the shaft graphics up (something I didn't think of since I put the adapters on my other shafts to be graphics down in this position). Not a big deal, I get used to that kind of stuff pretty quick, and since UPS showed up way earlier than normal I was able to get it out on the course for a trial run.

I went out to a more driver friendly course than my home course, 13 of the 14 par-4s and par-5s are driver off the tee, and I hit 10 of the 13 fairways that I used the driver. Ball flight looks very similar to what I was seeing with the Elements Chrome, maybe just a bit straighter (still baby fade though), and the first couple of holes it was a bit shorter. The drop in distance must have been me just getting loose though, because as the round progressed it seemed that I was getting a bit better distance than normal. Of the three fairways I missed, two are fairways I just can't seem to stay in, and as usual I rolled a couple of feet into the second cut near fairway bunkers on both. The third was that swing you just don't want to talk about, nothing a driver or shaft can do about that miss.

So the E723 continues to be a great success for me, hitting a very high percentage of fairways, tamed my fade, nice mid to mid-low trajectory, and better distance that my previous driver. The Ventus Red 4T shaft worked really well, feel is pretty good, it's lighter than the Elements Chrome, and it isn't counter-balanced which makes it feel a bit different, but I certainly can't complain about the results of the first round with it.

Ventus Red 4 T 50R.jpg

Well, the new shaft showed up yesterday, a Fujikura Ventus Red 4T 50R for the E723 driver. Plugged it in at the same settings that have been working for me with the UST Elements Chrome, "Upright Neutral", which is 180* out from the standard "Neutral" position, which put the shaft graphics up (something I didn't think of since I put the adapters on my other shafts to be graphics down in this position). Not a big deal, I get used to that kind of stuff pretty quick, and since UPS showed up way earlier than normal I was able to get it out on the course for a trial run.

I went out to a more driver friendly course than my home course, 13 of the 14 par-4s and par-5s are driver off the tee, and I hit 10 of the 13 fairways that I used the driver. Ball flight looks very similar to what I was seeing with the Elements Chrome, maybe just a bit straighter (still baby fade though), and the first couple of holes it was a bit shorter. The drop in distance must have been me just getting loose though, because as the round progressed it seemed that I was getting a bit better distance than normal. Of the three fairways I missed, two are fairways I just can't seem to stay in, and as usual I rolled a couple of feet into the second cut near fairway bunkers on both. The third was that swing you just don't want to talk about, nothing a driver or shaft can do about that miss.

So the E723 continues to be a great success for me, hitting a very high percentage of fairways, tamed my fade, nice mid to mid-low trajectory, and better distance that my previous driver. The Ventus Red 4T shaft worked really well, feel is pretty good, it's lighter than the Elements Chrome, and it isn't counter-balanced which makes it feel a bit different, but I certainly can't complain about the results of the first round with it.

View attachment 9192031
How does the Ventus Red compare to your Ventus Blue?

How does the Ventus Red compare to your Ventus Blue?
It's been a while since I've had the Ventus Blue in play, but I remember that it just wasn't a very memorable shaft. I went back and looked up what I said about it when I first got the driver, and pretty much confirmed that. Here's a quote from the first or second time out with it, " The Ventus Blue shaft was pretty indifferent for me, nothing bad, but really just a plain feeling shaft. " This new shaft feels a bit more lively, maybe because it's a lighter weight class, and I think it is stiffer in the butt section and a bit softer in the mid. The Red seems to time up pretty well for me, like the release is more consistent with my swing, getting a very repeatable ball flight for the first time out. Of course the forgiveness of the E723 driver has a lot to do with that too.

It's been a while since I've had the Ventus Blue in play, but I remember that it just wasn't a very memorable shaft. I went back and looked up what I said about it when I first got the driver, and pretty much confirmed that. Here's a quote from the first or second time out with it, " The Ventus Blue shaft was pretty indifferent for me, nothing bad, but really just a plain feeling shaft. " This new shaft feels a bit more lively, maybe because it's a lighter weight class, and I think it is stiffer in the butt section and a bit softer in the mid. The Red seems to time up pretty well for me, like the release is more consistent with my swing, getting a very repeatable ball flight for the first time out. Of course the forgiveness of the E723 driver has a lot to do with that too.
Thanks. Can't wait to hear more feedback with the Red.

Another couple of rounds with the E723/Ventus Red 4T combo, with 6 of 8 fairways on Friday, and 7 of 9 today. Friday both misses were pulled left and today one was a pop-up the other was a worm-burner. So, seems like every time I make an average or better swing with tis combo I'm getting really good results. Distance has been really good lately, but some of that is getting summer roll on firm fairways. But part of that roll-out is I've been getting a more penetrating flight with this shaft than I was with the Elements Chrome. Launch looks close to the same with both, the Chrome gives me more carry though, but lands softer with less roll-out (more spin?). I might end up using this one in the summer and the Chrome in the winter, but that's a long way off yet.

This is a great combo, for me at least, and the shaft is a no up-charge option from Tour Edge. I've been playing more golf this year than what has been normal for me, so that surely has something to do with hitting the ball a little more consistently, but I have no doubt that the E723 driver and the C723 5-wood have a lot to do with me hitting 70 - 80% of fairways off the tee.

Have I mentioned before that this E723 driver is the most forgiving driver I've ever played? I can't believe the high percentage of fairways I'm hitting off the tee, even when I'm otherwise not playing too well. My game has been off the last couple of weeks, except from the tee, which on one hand is nice to be able to point at something that's working well, but on the other hand it is even more frustrating to be playing poorly when most of the second shots are from the fairway and should lead to better results.

E723 10.5* driver, sliding weight set to the Draw/Heel side of the track, hosel adapter set at "U0" (upright / normal loft), Ventus Red 4T 50R shaft, and I hit 10 of 12 fairways yesterday with it. I'm a bogie golfer, HC is currently 16.8, so hitting 83% of the fairways with a driver off the tee is a big deal for me, and with this driver it seems like I'm always around 70% or better, which is better than I can ever remember doing on a consistent basis. Most drives are a nice mid / mid-low ball flight, either straight or with a baby fade, and with good distance. Even the mishits are usually finding the fairway, or just off of it, and not too much shorter unless it's a pop-up or worm-burner. I still get the big pull or push every once in a while, and no driver is going to help with those swings, so I guess what I'm saying is that the E723 has far exceeded all expectations. 🎯

I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but a few more outings with the E723 driver, and I'm still consistently hitting 70% or more fairways. I play a lot as a single, and I pretty much tell all the people I end up playing with about THP, TEEm Tour Edge, this driver, and the C723 5-wood I'm also reviewing. Those conversations are often started after comments from them on how well I'm hitting the driver. It still surprises me though that almost none of the randoms I play with have heard of THP, and very few are familiar with Tour Edge. 🤷‍♂️

Since putting the E723 in play I've raised by FIRs from 49% to 63% which is drastic and noticeable. I've lost massive distance (20-30 yards) on all of my clubs lately due to something I'm missing in sequencing with the body, so I can't really give distance a fair shake right now. If I had to guess, I'm roughly similar distance with my TM M2, now with better dispersion.

The sound is very subjective - I find some people love it and some hate it, most are indifferent and just think it's interesting. I'm totally used to it by now, but it generally draws a comment when I play with someone for the first time wondering if it was my swing contact or the club. The weight started moving due to contact with the ground and occasionally gets a little grass caught in the track but it hasn't been a problem since I tightened it down.

The forgiveness and dispersion are off the charts. This club is a solid performer.

First time out in almost two weeks yesterday, after a nice relaxing vacation that unfortunately didn't include any golf. The E723 driver is still the star of my bag, hitting every fairway on the back-9, after a shaky start on the front, and getting way better than average distance on a few. I'm still not crazy about the sound, but with this kind of performance it is far from something to complain about. The forgiveness is incredible, I was all over the face on the front-9, and although I missed a few fairways, none were punishing, and distance was still pretty good.

I traded @rlb4 my 9 degree head for his 10.5 degree head and took it out today.

I think I hate the Tensei shaft. It's not doing me any favors, but whatever. Anyway, still more of a low-bullet type of ball flight for me. Not that I'm a high ball hitter to start with, but it's lower than I'm used to. Nevertheless, distance was very solid for a windy day. The biggest standout with this thing is just the insane forgiveness.

That sound is something else man. Takes some getting used to.

I traded @rlb4 my 9 degree head for his 10.5 degree head and took it out today.

I think I hate the Tensei shaft. It's not doing me any favors, but whatever. Anyway, still more of a low-bullet type of ball flight for me. Not that I'm a high ball hitter to start with, but it's lower than I'm used to. Nevertheless, distance was very solid for a windy day. The biggest standout with this thing is just the insane forgiveness.

That sound is something else man. Takes some getting used to.
Sound is similar to my XXIO.

Sound is similar to my XXIO.
I don't think I can place the sound of the XXIO in my head, so I'll have to take your word for it.

It's one of those things where you come from one sound to another and it just stands out at first. I do need to decide if I'm serious about using it, because it'll need a different shaft if I do. I just like something a little lighter and a little smoother feeling. I think I'd see some added height. At the same time, the number of times I have left to play outdoors is really low. New things won't be far away.

Played a sim round with this tonight. A little more tilt in my setup helped get my launch angle better. Still a decent amount less spin than my ZX5 MkII, which I'm kinda meh about. I don't mind a little padding on spin.

Hit my highest ball speed I've seen in months though :unsure:

The E723 driver is still easily the most consistent and forgiving driver I've ever had, and has a firm hold on that spot in my bag. I hit 11 of 12 fairways with it today, the one miss wasn't by much, and some of the hit fairways were definitely not my best swings.

The E723 driver is still easily the most consistent and forgiving driver I've ever had, and has a firm hold on that spot in my bag. I hit 11 of 12 fairways with it today, the one miss wasn't by much, and some of the hit fairways were definitely not my best swings.
Likewise, my FIRs are at 61% now over my last 23 rounds. According to The Grint, that puts me around a +1 handicap driving accuracy 😅 Penalties are at an all-time low as well.
Just need the rest of my game to catch up.

Last edited:
Played a sim round with this tonight. A little more tilt in my setup helped get my launch angle better. Still a decent amount less spin than my ZX5 MkII, which I'm kinda meh about. I don't mind a little padding on spin.

Hit my highest ball speed I've seen in months though :unsure:
Highest ball speed in months is something that would be hard to not give some extended time to…

It is interesting to me how manufacturers develop a certain reputation. Maybe it is because of how they market and sell their products, their history or the product that put them on the map in the first place.

Tour Edge is often overlooked in the driver category. It is more often thought of as making good fairway woods and hybrids. Yet they have been supporting athletes in the long drive arena and those athletes have been winning with Tour Edge products for a long time. One athlete in particular, Phillis Meti is a multiple World Champion who also set the record for the longest ever drive recorded in competition. She did those things with a Tour Edge Exotics driver in her hand.

The E723 driver in particular has racked up a bunch of accolades this year and has been acknowledged as one of the most forgiving drivers of the year.

It’s on sale right now and might be just the thing for those golfers looking for some help keeping their drives in play.

Looking forward to seeing what Tour Edge brings out in the coming year.

I really like my E723 driver. I've hit every new driver this year and ball speed/distances are as good or better than anything else. And it's definitely more forgiving. Only thing close is the G430 Max. The sound is definitely an acquired taste though. It's too bad so many won't try it just because of the brand.

It is interesting to me how manufacturers develop a certain reputation. Maybe it is because of how they market and sell their products, their history or the product that put them on the map in the first place.

Tour Edge is often overlooked in the driver category. It is more often thought of as making good fairway woods and hybrids. Yet they have been supporting athletes in the long drive arena and those athletes have been winning with Tour Edge products for a long time. One athlete in particular, Phillis Meti is a multiple World Champion who also set the record for the longest ever drive recorded in competition. She did those things with a Tour Edge Exotics driver in her hand.

The E723 driver in particular has racked up a bunch of accolades this year and has been acknowledged as one of the most forgiving drivers of the year.

It’s on sale right now and might be just the thing for those golfers looking for some help keeping their drives in play.

Looking forward to seeing what Tour Edge brings out in the coming year.
The performance of this club (and the others from TEEm Tour Edge) have me seriously considering filling out the bag with this brand for next season.

I just had to revive this thread today, I got out for the first time since Christmas, and had about as good a day with the E723 driver as possible. Pretty wet conditions, cart path only so I walked it with my MGI Zip Navigator AT, and I pulled the Fujikura Ventus Red 4T 50R and put the UST Elements Chrome 65 F3 back in it for the winter conditions. I hit driver off the tee on 12 holes, and put every one in the fairway. Distance was good, often better than expected considering the wet conditions, most shots were my normal mid / mid-low trajectory, with a baby fade. The E723 / Elements Chrome combo really feels good, the shaft is aging so well, I think it was released almost 10 years ago, but every time I go back to it I get a smile on my face from it's outstanding feel and performance.

I just had to revive this thread today, I got out for the first time since Christmas, and had about as good a day with the E723 driver as possible. Pretty wet conditions, cart path only so I walked it with my MGI Zip Navigator AT, and I pulled the Fujikura Ventus Red 4T 50R and put the UST Elements Chrome 65 F3 back in it for the winter conditions. I hit driver off the tee on 12 holes, and put every one in the fairway. Distance was good, often better than expected considering the wet conditions, most shots were my normal mid / mid-low trajectory, with a baby fade. The E723 / Elements Chrome combo really feels good, the shaft is aging so well, I think it was released almost 10 years ago, but every time I go back to it I get a smile on my face from it's outstanding feel and performance.
Gotta love a day like that.

Remind me - have you messed with the sliding weight in the back?

Gotta love a day like that.

Remind me - have you messed with the sliding weight in the back?
Yes, best results for me are with the weight in the heel/draw position, and the shaft adapter in the UO (upright neutral) position.

Back