Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220 Driver

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
Something about this driver just appeals to me. (Not just the price point either. :) ) I’m going to have to find a place I can try to hit this thing.

I was super impressed by my EXS driver. I can't wait to hit this and see the performance increases! This could make 2020 a great year!

These look really good. The renderings make the crowns look like a satin or matte finish. But I’m guessing they are gloss?

The EXS was the best driver of 2019 for me. I tried to replace it a couple times with more expensive clubs with lots of hype but the EXS just outperformed them and stayed in the bag. If not for the Grandaddy the EXS and EX10 Beta 3wood would still be my gamers.

And this one is a 2/1/2020 release date for those curious, I forgot to put that into the article, apologies.

I've always been intrigued by TEE, I might have to give this one a try!

@Jman does the driver offer the “real” Ventus?!

I’ll add in here, to have all the things that they’ve put into this driver, and keep it right at/around 350, is wild.

I love the color scheme on these clubs!! And I like the price points as well.

Nice write-up James. That's a really good looking driver and a heck of a price. If the performance is anywhere near the big boys this should be a huge hit for them. At that point how can you justify spending almost $200 more (in some cases) for similar results other than for the name on the club?

Nice write-up James. That's a really good looking driver and a heck of a price. If the performance is anywhere near the big boys this should be a huge hit for them. At that point how can you justify spending almost $200 more (in some cases) for similar results other than for the name on the club?
I like that that’s their stance too, hit ours, it’s as good as anything out there, so why pay double?

Also, their network of fitters is growing all the time, and moving these into their 48 hour program is willllllllllddddd.

Nice write up! After the success of the EXS line, it's good to see Tour Edge not resting on their laurels. I do like the new color scheme of this release, the darker blue with the carbon fiber just seem to pop. Would love to give this one a try!

Looks good, with a really nice price point.

Tour Edge has consistently put out a fantastic wood lineup at a price point that would make you think "cheap" compared to others, but the technology and quality is not cheap. They are putting fantastic effort into clubs that will outperform some of the bigger names and you sacrifice nothing by putting a Tour Edge club in your bag.

I loved the EXS. I’d still be gaming it if it hadn’t met a violent demise. This one is high on the demo list

Something about this driver just appeals to me. (Not just the price point either. :) ) I’m going to have to find a place I can try to hit this thing.
I thought the EXS driver was really good the few swings I took with it but I did notice the face appeared to look closed. I do think TE has something good going here and I think the new shape is a good one. It really makes you wonder how this small company can pack all this tech into that price point when the big companies are selling theirs for almost double the price.

The one thing I think is the sole has too much going on. I realize this is for the sales rack but the MAX MOI and triple carbon tech isn't needed in my personal opinion and gives the look of something trying too hard.

Excellent writeup James. Sounds like TEE is continuing to push the technology envelope at very consumer-friendly prices. Definitely a win for the golfing public.

Great write-up, Jman. I really like the color scheme/look of the club. I hope this is a huge success for them and more people give it a try.

@Jman Great Review as always.
Questions for you, Please:
  1. Have you hit any of these new releases yet?
  2. Think we'll see photos of the "Sound Diffusion Bar" and/or the “Diamond Face Technology” behind the face?
A certain Golf Club manufacture that used “impact simulation software” in their products last year showed off the back of the face prominently in their ads. I'd be interested in see the 42 diamond spots or in the case of the fairway wood - 44 diamond spots

Really like the look and specs of this one. Was going to upgrade my hybrid with one of theirs this year. Now, I'll have to ponder driver as well. I'm not willing to spend $500+ for one new club but $350, well.......ponder will be strong.

@Jman Great Review as always.
Questions for you, Please:
  1. Have you hit any of these new releases yet?
  2. Think we'll see photos of the "Sound Diffusion Bar" and/or the “Diamond Face Technology” behind the face?
A certain Golf Club manufacture that used “impact simulation software” in their products last year showed off the back of the face prominently in their ads. I'd be interested in see the 42 diamond spots or in the case of the fairway wood - 44 diamond spots
1) This is just the release, formal review will come after the PGA Show, we will get most, if not all, of the line in hand. I also think we will have some #Rangedays stuff with the new line.

2) Doubtful, it wouldn’t excite anyway, it’s just an internal ridge. As for the face, I know I don’t have a photo of the backside, but maybe we see it at the PGA show

Overall I like the look if it, along with colors. At that price point hopefully they will sell well. Sometimes more expensive isn't always better.

Back