Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220 Driver

Anyone on the TEEm been able to get any more real world testing done with this driver? With their stimulus offer of a free bag if you purchase, thought now would be a good time to bump this one. This driver has me very intrigued. After I update my other spot, driver will be my most likely next upgrade. For the price and performance, it's a hard one to look past.

I live 30 min or so from Gman79 so I’m in the same boat weather wise. We were still getting snow yesterday.

Plus with Covid I’m just not taking any chances (staying in as much as possible) right now with having 3 little ones at home. And have no indoor setup and or monitor.

The only course around me worth playing (dry enough) last time I drove by were not taking the proper covid measures and had to be over 200 people littered on the course 3-4 groups deep per hole. Parking lot was filled and people were parking on the grass. It was a zoo there.

I Appreciate everyone’s eagerness to know more about the driver but it’s gonna be a while before I can put it through it’s paces. Just bad timing with the virus.

Yeah just me and my thoughts out on the course walking with purrell... It will be sloppy tomorrow sooo good measure of pure carry.

I live 30 min or so from Gman79 so I’m in the same boat weather wise. We were still getting snow yesterday.

Plus with Covid I’m just not taking any chances (staying in as much as possible) right now with having 3 little ones at home. And have no indoor setup and or monitor.

The only course around me worth playing (dry enough) last time I drove by were not taking the proper covid measures and had to be over 200 people littered on the course 3-4 groups deep per hole. Parking lot was filled and people were parking on the grass. It was a zoo there.

I Appreciate everyone’s

Its unfortunate they arent taking precautions. I'm by you so I'm curious which course that is. You don't have to name them, but we were at Sable Creek and seemed to be taking the precautions seriously.

Its unfortunate they arent taking precautions. I'm by you so I'm curious which course that is. You don't have to name them, but we were at Sable Creek and seemed to be taking the precautions seriously.

To be fair that was at the beginning of the whole Pandemic. But then the course has to close for tornado damage so it’s a moot point anyway.

Ok this thing is a fairway finder... So far 8/9 fairway and getting nice dispersion... Sound in my opinion is perfect... Pretty easy to find the center of the diamond face. Shaft yellow smoke is fluid and nice.

Alright all you interested in Tour Edge Driver... The TEEM has hit the big time stage...

1587561486144.png

1587561574557.png
1587561542703.png

1587561594484.png

CHECK US OUT!

Attachments

• 1587561510702.png
    1587561510702.png
    50.9 KB · Views: 4
Nice pics used there too ;)

Saw those pics and reviews on Instagram yesterday and thought damn you guys are talented!

That's awesome! Congrats guys! More eyes on you now, so make it count!
Next time out have to take some on course pics... maybe it will be sunny~! STUPID GRAY SEASON here in OH

Next time out have to take some on course pics... maybe it will be sunny~! STUPID GRAY SEASON here in OH
We may have a sunny day today. But only in the 40's :rolleyes:. At least when I come up from my basement office it's been sunny, but I might just have lucky timing.

Had a chance to get out for my first round of 2020 with the EXS220 12*.
Played a course I am familiar with.

To test against my gamer I brought my Epic Flash 12*, however with a different shaft I tried for the first time, Ventus Red 5R (Velocore version). Set to +2/D
The EXS220 has the Ventus Blue 5r (4t version) 12* set to U+ which makes it 13* + an upright lie.

On 11 of the holes I hit them both side by side when nobody was around and I could do some testing.
The Flash produced a better drive on 4 holes, the EXS a better drive on 5 holes and on 2 holes they tied with the same yardage.

Yardages measured by Game Golf:
1 - Flash 234; EXS 220 (both in Fairway)
2 - Flash 222; EXS hit a tree (probably 180ish)
3 - EXS 226; Flash 220 (behind a tree)
4 - EXS 239: Flash 230 (both in fairway)
5 - EXS/Flash tie - 236 (both in fairway)
6 - EXS 262; Flash 240 (both in fairway)
7 - EXS 243; Flash hit a tree 200
8 - Flash 221; EXS snap hook 200
9 - Flash 241; EXS 235 (both in fairway)
10 - EXS 231, Flash 231 (both in fairway)
11 - EXS 251; Flash 240 (in right rough)

Mainly it boiled down to strike and the swing I put on it. Distance wise I felt they were both about equal.
On the front night I was struggling a bit with my launch so on the 6th drive mentioned above I made a setup change and instead of playing the ball off my front foot heel I moved it back about 2 ball widths. That seem to help me increase launch as well as tamed my draw.

I have played this course 17 times since 2016 and the 262 yd drive was the longest I have ever hit on this hole.

Also I compared each of these drives to the drives in the other 16 rounds I played there and all ranked in the top 5 per hole in terms of driving distance.

I figured first time out this season I'd hit drives 190-210 but I have been doing Superspeed golf since Feb so I am sure this is a testament to gains attributed from the speed training as I usually don't see drives in the 240-265 range unless its July or Aug. Yesterday it was 48* when I tee'd off. To the courses credit even though its been soggy here the course was pretty firm and getting a good amount of bounce and roll.

As I mentioned in my initial unboxing review, the EXS has a larger footprint at address which I prefer over the more compact looking Flash. Both sound very similar.
My only gripe is in the setting I have it at right now the face angle looks a little shut to my eye. I may try a higher launching shaft to see if I can play it at the neutral loft setting which would make the face look better to me.

I will say I was definitely impressed by its performance especially for not having played yet this year and the swing being rusty. Usually when I test clubs against the Flash they fail on the first couple of holes. The EXS220 came to play and it held up extremely well if not topped the Flash on some holes. For the price of this one it really is an extreme value out there.

Looking forward to hitting it again and also perhaps playing around with some different shafts as I like to tinker.
Any questions please post and I will do my best to answer.

Last edited:
Just shafted up an Apollo Shadow shaft. I had a spare Tour Edge tip laying around so why not.
Turned out pretty slick.
C93CCDDC-8A14-4727-931B-5B509514225B.jpeg
3172D26B-4F58-4730-A503-63517109BBFB.jpeg
1DF8EE97-B4A1-4917-BEFB-61F00161BCE6.jpeg

@Jman any updates on your EXS vs 220 testing?!

@Jman any updates on your EXS vs 220 testing?!

Been taking care of a lot of things at home and working towards selling another house. I’ll get to it, but it’s not on the front burner at the moment. Will circle back after I conclude my RZN review on Wednesday.

So I was looking at this in the bright sunlight today. I think the crown paint is actually the darkest blue possible and not black. Definitely had a blue tint to my eye. Pretty neat

So I was looking at this in the bright sunlight today. I think the crown paint is actually the darkest blue possible and not black. Definitely had a blue tint to my eye. Pretty neat
I agree with that

Hi everyone, one of my first posts. I have both the EXS and EXS 220 driver. Both are 9.5 degrees of loft. I was able to play 18 holes and hit each driver on each of the par 4’s and par 5’s. Both drivers have the Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 shafts. My thoughts after hitting 14 drives with each:

Distance: Without actually measuring each drive, my perception was they were about the same in distance. No noticeable/significant winner on distance.

Dispersion: The EXS 220 was very straight. If I put a great swing on it, right down the middle. Both had great tight dispersion, however, I would give the 220 the edge.

Sound: The EXS 220 was more muted in my opinion.

Flight: I like the ball flight of both drivers. Very similar.

Looks: I prefer the look of the original EXS. I like the deeper face of the original EXS.

Final note: The original EXS is going to stay in bag. I am 71 years old. I have hit many, many different drivers in my life. I had been playing the Ping G400 Max and G400 LST last year. Tried the EXS with the Tensei shaft last year. Great driver, but the Tensei did not work. The G400 Max stayed in the bag. Hit a friend’s Srixon with the Hrzdus Smoke; loved the shaft. Put the shaft into both the EXS and Ping. Wow what a difference. All of a sudden the EXS came alive. The EXS beat out the Ping. And knocked out one of my all time favorites - the Bobby Jones Icarus (which had been in my bag since 2012).
So the EXS - best distance, tightest dispersion and best ball flight of any driver I have hit.

I have the EXS 220 in the Marketplace if any one is interested. Played 1 round - great price.

Last edited:
Just shafted up an Apollo Shadow shaft. I had a spare Tour Edge tip laying around so why not.
Turned out pretty slick.
View attachment 8939854
View attachment 8939855
View attachment 8939856
The contrast of white and "dark" blue is awesome. Glad you were able to compare so much driver vs. driver. I will have to do the same this weekend. Its tough to tell because of swing changes, but congrats on the 261 drive! awesome sauce.

I played last thursday and there were a few times that I have hit to places on the course that I have not played from...

Quick Score Sheet and Notes - They were seeding the tee boxes so some distances might be off

1588195174262.png

#10 - Hit an awful swing and had about 145 left Still great drive
#12 - playing well short (20 yards off the tee box) piped it and had about 95 left
#13 - This was absolutely smashed for me on actual blues - 95 left (best drive I have hit with this club) SS training paying off
#14 - Errant tee shot that went right hard - next fairway over... tried to outdo the #13 bomb and bad transition
#15 - Long par 5 hit it past the fairway that runs out to 250... a little right but bomb shot
#18 - Another great strike that led to less than 100.

Great tee shots and while i didnt take a picture I was finding the center of the diamond face... Great shots all day - Chipping awful but driver was on point.

Got a quick 9 scheduled tomorrow. If things unfold as intended I should be able to test on the course on this one hole that is nice and level. My plan is to hit about 6 drives with each driver and laser back to the tee box.

Taking the following:

— EXS220 with 2 shafts (Ventus 4t and Apollo Shadow)
— Flash with EF Green
— BB Fusion with Ventus Red

Got a quick 9 scheduled tomorrow. If things unfold as intended I should be able to test on the course on this one hole that is nice and level. My plan is to hit about 6 drives with each driver and laser back to the tee box.

Taking the following:

— EXS220 with 2 shafts (Ventus 4t and Apollo Shadow)
— Flash with EF Green
— BB Fusion with Ventus Red
I would LOVE to know how the Fusion holds up! I driver I loved and in my opinion very underrated!

Played today and driving continues to be a great asset to the game thanks to EXS 220... Fairway Finder and gaining distance due to comfort. Its awesome because the moment you hit a bad shot you can tell fr sound and feel where it was. Hope everyone took advantage of stimulus.

#diamondintherough

Yay, the left coast opened up golf and I got to play today. I used the EXS220 driver on all long holes but the first, where I used my trusty 3 wood (needed to shake off the rusties first). First off, this driver is straight, on all but one hole I was deadly. I need to adjust the loft down one click and It will be even better. The teach was correct, the cover loosens up after a while. I think the 93 degrees had something to do with that also. It is still my goto driver and will be for some time. Now bring on that putter.

Went to the range yesterday. Took the EXS220, Flash and Fusion. Usually my Flash owns during range sessions but the EXS220 and Fusion showed up and did very well. Flash was off.

Was hitting into a 15-20mph headwind which wasn’t fun plus it being about 40* with windchill wasn’t either but hey it was still fun to get out along with my boys who got to hit their shiny new Cobra Jr clubs for the first time.

I put the Ventus Blue back in the EXS220 and that was the right call. The Apollo shaft I tried just didn’t suit me.

I have a SpeedZone Xtreme and Cobra Airspeed coming in this week to throw into the testing mix. Just because lol

Next week should be fun to test them all out.

Back