Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220 Driver

Went to the range yesterday. Took the EXS220, Flash and Fusion. Usually my Flash owns during range sessions but the EXS220 and Fusion showed up and did very well. Flash was off.

Was hitting into a 15-20mph headwind which wasn’t fun plus it being about 40* with windchill wasn’t either but hey it was still fun to get out along with my boys who got to hit their shiny new Cobra Jr clubs for the first time.

I put the Ventus Blue back in the EXS220 and that was the right call. The Apollo shaft I tried just didn’t suit me.

I have a SpeedZone Xtreme and Cobra Airspeed coming in this week to throw into the testing mix. Just because lol

Next week should be fun to test them all out.
Thanks for the update.
Any substantial difference in distance between the Fusion and the EXS? I'm thinking dispersion should be right around the same?

Thanks for the update.
Any substantial difference in distance between the Fusion and the EXS? I'm thinking dispersion should be right around the same?

the range I was hitting slopes downhill. from my vantage point I couldn’t tell where they were ending up. If I had to guess the Flash, EXS220 and Fusion over an average of shots would probably be within 5 yds of each other Distance wise. I am curious on the dispersion too. All are pretty high though on the moi charts. So should be similar there too.

Thanks for the update.
EXS will definitely be lower spinning than the Fusion.

Thanks for the update.

Forgot to add my Flash and EXS220 are 12* and the fusion is a 13.5 (they didn’t offer a 12* in that one).
I normally play my Flash at 14*, the EXS220 at 13* and the fusion I’m still sorting out where to play it. At +2* it was hitting moon balls.

Thanks for carrying the torch @erock9174 nongolf due to busy schedule. Did unread it right you are getting cobra SZ this week?

Thanks for carrying the torch @erock9174 nongolf due to busy schedule. Did unread it right you are getting cobra SZ this week?

Yeah. Plan is to get both a Cobra SZ Xtreme 12* with Helium 5R and an F-Max Airspeed 11.5 in from Global Golf’s (U-Try) it program. Only reason I’m trying the Airspeed is because on an indoor monitor a couple months ago it put up the highest ball speed out of anything I’ve tested in the new crop of drivers.

Yeah. Plan is to get both a Cobra SZ Xtreme and an F-Max Airspeed in from Global Golf’s (U-Try) it program. Only reason I’m trying the Airspeed is because on an indoor monitor a couple months ago it put up the highest ball speed out of anything I’ve tested in the new crop of drivers.
Awesome! What shafts?

Awesome! What shafts?
Funny. I just added that into my last post. Helium 5F3 in the SZ X and the stock R flex option in the Airspeed. Some made for light shaft. Cobra seems to source their shafts from KBS/FST so it’s probably made by them. They don’t give you hardly any options on that program.

So how about that EXS 220......

;)

Just a quick note - I thought I'd like the Fusion - but it was not consistent for me. Part of it was me. But my son did not like it and the ex-GF did not like it. Still have a 12 head, might take it out just to see. But the G400 Max is stiil king ... need to demo the Mavrik against the EX220 in the store when they are not busy, and see what happens.

So how about that EXS 220......

;)
I'd bet it wins the competition! I know I was doing some swing videos and damn it feels good to swing and looks amazing on film and in person!

Just a quick note - I thought I'd like the Fusion - but it was not consistent for me. Part of it was me. But my son did not like it and the ex-GF did not like it. Still have a 12 head, might take it out just to see. But the G400 Max is stiil king ... need to demo the Mavrik against the EX220 in the store when they are not busy, and see what happens.
Have you tried the 220 driver yet ? I know you usually game some Tour edge.

Have you tried the 220 driver yet ? I know you usually game some Tour edge.

Not really - went into PGATSS a few months ago for benefit of my son - he needs a driver. But doesn't show enough interest for $500 Mavrik - need him to try the TE.

I am considering the EXS 220 Fwy and 19 Hy.

the range I was hitting slopes downhill. from my vantage point I couldn’t tell where they were ending up. If I had to guess the Flash, EXS220 and Fusion over an average of shots would probably be within 5 yds of each other Distance wise. I am curious on the dispersion too. All are pretty high though on the moi charts. So should be similar there too.
Well, my new driver is lost in the mail (long story) so I'll be gaming the Fusion this year. Makes me feel a little better to know it can still hang!

I got the 10.5 stiff it’s a touch light but it’s forgiving and fun to hit and a little sound to it which I like got off work drove to course hit two ball on first tee neither one a great swing both in fairway and distance what I expected for the swing I gave it. I’ll update again after weekend.

The is a different adapter than the exs Driver, correct? Looks like the lettering is different (u and o and no n). I was hoping to put a tensei blue from the old exs driver in the 220 but I’m guessing it won’t fit?

The is a different adapter than the exs Driver, correct? Looks like the lettering is different (u and o and no n). I was hoping to put a tensei blue from the old exs driver in the 220 but I’m guessing it won’t fit?
Same adapter, different labeling, sake adjustability

After playing my Cobra F7 for a few seasons, the reviews of Tour Edge products got my attention. I really liked the reviews from Jman on the Pro, but didn’t know if it was quite right for me in terms of forgiveness. So off to Budget Golf I went and noticed the 90 day playability on this driver, along with a 15% discount making this just under $300 and I couldn’t resist. I also had to get the Smoke Yellow in regular flex too. Looks like I will be hitting the range soon. Wish me luck!!

895e2de0577612533056d96e89defefe.jpg

cf2ca48cf69a6ff9ffd57b4222e3849a.jpg

f11ec2c2a6ed0b0108f8110c19509f92.jpg

99b6bb634e626ae0688e55ce2afddde9.jpg

The F7 is a beautiful club IMO.

Good luck with it. Glad you got to use the THP discount.

Played with my brother today for the first time this year. He’s waiting on a screw from cobra for a King LTD head he bought recently. He’s out of favor right now with his old R1 driver.

I brought along my EXS 220 12* with Ventus Blue Reg for him to try. Totally too much loft and too soft a shaft for him on paper.

He hit it extremely well. Had it set to - - and after fading it a bit too much I set it to neutral upright. Brought it right around for him. Straight to a baby cut. Par 4 10th was playing 290 and he ended up just off the front of the green.

Another hole was playing about the same yardage. He caught it high toe. like barely catching the face. I wasn’t watching but he said it was a baby draw and he still out drove our group and ended up about 10 yds in front of the green. He just laughed and I said that’s the diamond face tech working.

He offered me money for it on the 8th hole. But being part of Teem Tour Edge I’m going to give it a little more run.

I think with a stiff shaft it would be magical for him.

Played with my brother today for the first time this year. He’s waiting on a screw from cobra for a King LTD head he bought recently. He’s out of favor right now with his old R1 driver.

I brought along my EXS 220 12* with Ventus Blue Reg for him to try. Totally too much loft and too soft a shaft for him on paper.

He hit it extremely well. Had it set to - - and after fading it a bit too much I set it to neutral upright. Brought it right around for him. Straight to a baby cut. Par 4 10th was playing 290 and he ended up just off the front of the green.

Another hole was playing about the same yardage. He caught it high toe. like barely catching the face. I wasn’t watching but he said it was a baby draw and he still out drove our group and ended up about 10 yds in front of the green. He just laughed and I said that’s the diamond face tech working.

He offered me money for it on the 8th hole. But being part of Teem Tour Edge I’m going to give it a little more run.

I think with a stiff shaft it would be magical for him.
I put my 220 with stiff hzrdus yellow up for sale here late last week if he’s still hankering for one.

Got out for a quick round this morning.
Brought along the Speedzone Xtreme and the EXS220.
Started off hitting the SZ X but was having some issues with pushing it into the trees right most drives.

Here were my stats with each driver today:

Black D is SZ X and the Blue D is EXS220.

So pretty much equal on distance.
1596221144757.png
Dispersion went in favor of the EXS220 though.

On holes 1, 9 and 11 I did a little self scramble off the tee and hit both drivers. The EXS220 ball was used on all 3 holes.
Hole 1 was a push right into the trees with the SZ X. The EXS ended up an inch or two off the fw on the right side.
Hole 9 - Push into the trees with the SZ X and a perfect baby draw down the middle with the EXS220.
Hole 11 - Pull hook into the trees left with the SZ X and a nice baby draw down the middle with the EXS220.
All 3 tee shots led to pars. If I play the SZ X drives, bogey at best.

EXS220 finish is Holding up nicely.
A6B6D490-194A-4616-9627-BC8F64866325.jpegBBB5CB80-D35F-49E0-9385-0C4E6C1D223E.jpegAEF06E13-1537-430D-B7B2-170C5CEC458B.jpeg
Last week my brother hit it and forgot to put the cover back on. Hit against his other clubs and It put a mark on the crown near the hosel. A little elbow grease with a wet rag took the mark off.

went with my brother to hit drivers yesterday. he originally bought a new m6 but was sent a LH club on accident.... since there were no demo's to hit he was hitting the SIM Max and liked it but didnt wanna spend $500. Golf Galaxy was out of 9.0 M6 heads so we went across the street to PGA store

Convinced him to hit the EXS 220 and loved it! Good ball speeds, spin slightly higher, but forgiveness was incredible!! Walked out with the driver and hes now considering the 3 wood also

Last edited:
went with my brother to hit drivers yesterday. he originally bought a new m6 bought was sent a LH club on accident.... since there were no demo's to hit he was hitting the SIM Max and liked it but didnt wanna spend $500. Golf Galaxy was out of 9.0 M6 heads so we went across the street to PGA store

Convinced him to hit the EXS 220 and loved it! Good ball speeds, spin slightly higher, but forgiveness was incredible!! Walked out with the driver and hes now considering the 3 wood also

glad it worked out for him. Also cool PGASS is carrying it.

Last round with my brother I let him game my EXS220. It wasn’t even a good fit (mine is 12* and R flex) and he usually plays a 9.5 or 10.5 stiff and by the 7th hole he asked to buy it off me.

Back