Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220 Driver

Bumping for the evening crowd to see the earlier data and feedback.

Jump in on the convo folks, don’t just skim by this one.

I’ll add, the more I hit this, the more I come away impressed. It’s not my cup of tea visually from a shape perspective, but hell it does make me want to hit it hard.

Jman, your reports from last year's edition and the new one are very informative. I played the 2019 EXS and thought it was solid all around.

Jman, your reports from last year's edition and the new one are very informative. I played the 2019 EXS and thought it was solid all around.
Hope it helped some!

The EXS is a fantastic stick. I think the 220 though has taken it up a tick, I didn’t anticipate TE getting the forgiveness and launch so so so so right on the follow up.

I’ll add, the more I hit this, the more I come away impressed. It’s not my cup of tea visually from a shape perspective, but hell it does make me want to hit it hard.
Totally agree with you on the shape, but the results speak for themselves. Funny thing is after the first swing with it on the course that perspective waned through the round. The overall performance far exceeded the look of the club and that became a non issue for me.
I have to admit I don't get too excited about the new and improved clubs that come out each and every year from any of the club manufacturers, but this one has got my attention to the point that I can't wait to hit it again and that's saying something for me.
I know this is all subjective to the individual and I am only providing what my perspective is about this club. All I can say is if you're in the market, don't overlook this one.

I'd certainly like to have a couple swings with one. I'm not in the market for a driver currently, but the last model was good and by all accounts this is much better

I'd certainly like to have a couple swings with one. I'm not in the market for a driver currently, but the last model was good and by all accounts this is much better

@MichiganGripRip well before Corona I was scheduled to be in DET in April - Might be end of month, but I will bring my 220 EXS up to let you swing it...

Your chart shows a longer carry distance with the older EXS. I would hope dispersion would be better with the new 220? Do you think your 9.0 head vs the 10.5 is contributing to this 10 yard carry difference? With different head angles, do you still consider this to be an apples to apples comparison?
Not a dig at all, just curious. ;)

Your chart shows a longer carry distance with the older EXS. I would hope dispersion would be better with the new 220? Do you think your 9.0 head vs the 10.5 is contributing to this 10 yard carry difference? With different head angles, do you still consider this to be an apples to apples comparison?
Not a dig at all, just curious. ;)
As I mentioned in the data post, this was the first sample with the 220 and not weened down at all, hence the larger sample size, some significant misses still in the fold that were left in otfer. The EXS was the last testing session where I was at my most comfortable with it. As such, the fact that a lower lofted head is equaling the launch of the original says a lot.

My goal was to show just what it did, this model at a lower loft is launching equal to the higher lofted predecessor. Also, notice the 10.5 hit a higher peak, and there is where you get your added carry distance.

Fresh off injury for me to see 160’s out of the new one is saying something about the head.

Guys,
Can you comment any on the diamond face? Is there really any sort of "feel" difference off the face compared to the predecessor? Any idea of that contributing to the sense that the head is more forgiving? Or, is the forgiveness more of a factor of the elongated head and deeper set back weight? Love the conversations on this, TE products are always so solid at their price points! Thanks!

Sorry for the tease... Trying to upload the unboxing...;)

:touredge: EXS 220 has arrived! 9.5 head and Hzrdus Smoke Yellow combo!
IMG_20200314_212124__01.jpg

Last edited:
Just found out mine is in-transit and not due to me until next Thursday, the 19Th. :cool:

Guys,
Can you comment any on the diamond face? Is there really any sort of "feel" difference off the face compared to the predecessor? Any idea of that contributing to the sense that the head is more forgiving? Or, is the forgiveness more of a factor of the elongated head and deeper set back weight? Love the conversations on this, TE products are always so solid at their price points! Thanks!
I would have to say all the factors mentioned are involved to a degree. There is most definitely a better feel at impact with the 220 and that's not to say the EXS was bad. I have tried to come up with a word that describes the sound and the best I can come up with is.....Relaxing. It's neither harsh nor loud and is an improvement over the EXS. I have also found the workability of the 220 is surprisingly done with ease and that's a big plus for me since I love to work the ball and the 220 gives me that feeling of trust and confidence at address that for the most part it's going to do what I expect it to do.
To me, TEE has achieved a remarkable accomplishment in the Driver category that will stand up and compete with any of the Drivers being offered in today's competitive market and with a price point that is palatable to most by comparison to the others being offered out there.

Sorry for the tease... Trying to upload the unboxing...;)

:touredge: EXS 220 has arrived! View attachment 8931828

TEEm EXS 220

Your best bet for uploading a lengthy video is to upload it to YouTube and then in the Check in Desk section of the forum, GolferGal has step by step guide to embedding it right into a post. Its as easy as copying the link and posting it with the click of the little movie icon.

Your best bet for uploading a lengthy video is to upload it to YouTube and then in the Check in Desk section of the forum, GolferGal has step by step guide to embedding it right into a post. Its as easy as copying the link and posting it with the click of the little movie icon.
Thanks it's uploaded!

Guys,
The forgiveness is as advertised based on my work with it so far, I give it a comparison to the G400 max there which might be the most forgiving driver I’ve ever hit. Ball wants to stay in play and things aren’t over accentuated because of that long deep shape and high moi.

Now, the face is part of that I’ve no doubt, but I can’t quantify how much. I can say that though it’s not a quiet driver, impact on the face has that (and I hate using this internet term) “hot” feel of the ball kist trampolining off its. It’s legit an addicting driver head.

Ah! And I forgot, got it up to 11.2 launch, 164 ball speed, and 2100 spin. 💪

In case anyone missed it above, here is @Gman79 unboxing video:

Good stuff !!

Man does that look sharp!

Wow that looks nice! Great video and a very cool looking driver. Hopefully it plays as good as it looks ;)

Got it for next time! Thanks for clarifying the embedded video

Congrats to being named one of the members of TEEm Tour Edge. Great video and you have me completely infatuated with that driver.

Also, since there was some question surrounding the 10.5 EXS data being compared to the 9.0 220, I’ve found and acquired a 9.5 EXS head that’ll be used with the same shaft/length/swing weight setup as the 220 for apples to apples data. ;)

Also, since there was some question surrounding the 10.5 EXS data being compared to the 9.0 220, I’ve found and acquired a 9.5 EXS head that’ll be used with the same shaft/length/swing weight setup as the 220 for apples to apples data. ;)
Can’t wait for this one Jman, I know the data may be quite similar, but for me it all comes down to the human element.🤗

Back