Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220 Driver

Can’t wait for this one Jman, I know the data may be quite similar, but for me it all comes down to the human element.🤗
Haha, hey, who am I to deny the people what they want? Ha!

Haha, hey, who am I to deny the people what they want? Ha!
That’s for sure! One thing that I will add though is my swing and results are not calculated by algorithms!😂

That’s for sure! One thing that I will add though is my swing and results are not calculated by algorithms!😂
Oh my swing isn’t either, but data never lies! ;)

I mean come on, there’s no one out there that can tell me this isn’t on equal footing quality and aesthetic wise as ANY other driver on the market.

D496BA8B-7BAD-4655-90AB-1C7296748F8A.jpeg

I mean come on, there’s no one out there that can tell me this isn’t on equal footing quality and aesthetic wise as ANY other driver on the market.

View attachment 8931968
I like it better than most in fact. The navy color doesnt distract from anything else and allows the Exotics logo to really pop. Between this and their headcovers, they nailed the look IMO.

I would be surprised if anyone even thought about disputing this. I have played the G400 Max, G410 and Rogue in the past and this one threw them all out of my bag. I know it may seem like a biased opinion, but it is not. It's merely a personal observation(Subjective) and by no means am I implying the others mentioned are not as good. Just an open and honest opinion based on my experience with this driver.

View attachment 8931968
First let me say your photography skills are solid. And yes this clubs looks as good as anything out there.

The craftsmanship of the head and the driver is amazing.

Mine was shipped with the stock headcover and so much effort when into it! A+++

Also the choice of shaft is awesome!

Grip is headscratching as I believe its CROSSLINE 360, would have gone with something else for stock driver grip. - no real detriment as its new and feels "grippy" enough.

Last edited:
Yeah, I want to hit this. From looks to stats, it's got everything going for it.

Grip is headscratching as I believe its CROSSLINE 360, would have gone with something else for stock driver grip. - no real detriment as its new and feels "grippy" enough.

since their adapter is a single cog they pretty much are tied to a 360 type grip. Not many out there to choose from unfortunately.

The craftsmanship of the head and the driver is amazing.

Mine was shipped with the stock headcover and so much effort when into it! A+++

Also the choice of shaft is awesome!

Best stock HC’s on the entire market.

I will be the last one to get the goods, but I am patient. :mad:

Looking forward to everyone jumping in with their feedback when they have them in hand and can get out.

Ive got a pretty solid feeling about what comments we will see with the initial swings.

TEEm Tour Edge Team Member Sean Update:
I received my EXS 220 Driver today. Upon unboxing the first thing that jumped out at me was the quality build. The pictures I have seen really don’t show off how nice it looks. From a shop floor standpoint this would get my attention on the rack. Especially the crown and how nicely is fades from deep black to carbon fiber (similar to Mavrik). The crown is my favorite part of this club cosmetically. The bottom is a little busy, but not a negative to me.

In regards to face angle it sits square to slightly open and I know this is a look I prefer. If the club face was closed it would be a total deal breaker for me.

There has been some discussion regarding the sound of this club and to me and so many sound (which equates feel) is so important. So I did a little comparison video (YouTube) and linked the Video here. I currently play a TM SIM. So I did a comparison of the sound of both. I must say I found the sound similar in pitch, and feel. But the EXS has a slightly deeper and more resounding sound (actually felt a little more solid than the SIM sound feel).

I have been hitting my SIM better than I had hit a driver in a long time (likely a result of a swing work and a good shaft/head fit to my swing). So I wasn’t super excited to mess with that but after hitting this a few times I actually can’t wait to get this on course for some testing.
In the video the SIM is first hit, followed by the EXS 220
567205BF-3BEB-4CD0-BD13-66299FABDC4B.jpeg

Last edited:
I did take this out to the first tee of my course. I hit several shots with each; SIM (Mitsubishi Limited 60x), EXS 220 (Smoke Green 6.5) and Mavrik SZ (Tensei AV 60x).

The EXS performs and flights very Similar to the Mavrik SZ. To me it looks like a Mavrik Max, with the flight characteristics of Mavrik SZ. I found the EXS and Mavrik SZ very similar on center strikes (very long and straight), and similar on off center strikes (Off center hits on the 220 and SZ are not as forgiving as the SIM). The sim is very forgiving across the face.

I was swinging around 106-110 MPH, (had my SC300 set up,for several of the shots). Carry ranged from 255-265 (ball speeds 155-162) on solid strikes and 240’s (ball speeds low 150‘s) on toe strikes on EXS. I do think the Smoke Green in EXS 220,is a tad tight for me. Might fit a little better into the 6.0. But this is just baseline info, on a rudimentary launch monitor. Waiting on my Mevo Plus to arrive to get better numbers, and getting this out on the course.

First off, I wanted to thank THP and Tour Edge for the opportunity of being on TEEm Tour Edge 2020.

Had a chance to unbox my EXS220 Driver last night.

Currently I am gaming an Epic Flash 12* with Even Flow Green 59g shaft Reg flex at 45“. I am not a long hitter but I tend to keep the ball in play (61% Fairways Hit). According to Game Golf I average 223 with the Flash with a “Typical” drive of 229. Anything over 230 is a blessing ;)

Tour Edge sent the driver in 12* with the Fujikura Ventus 4t Core shaft in Reg flex. The Ventus 4t is listed as 58g mid launch, mid spin so it should be a very comparable test between the two in terms of overall builds.

First impressions out of the box. I was going to do an unboxing video but @Gman79 already posted one above. Included in the box were the headcover, torque wrench, card with adapter/loft settings (very handy I might add) and a letter addressed to the (4) TEEm Tour Edge members. What was cool about the letter is it stressed that TEE wants no fluff or fanboy fodder. Honest constructive criticism (good or bad) is what was asked of us as we go through the review process.

Aesthetics/Looks/Styling – It looks great. In terms of shelf appeal I think it stands up to anything out there right now. That is saying something because being a Tour Edge follower for many years now some of their offerings left me a bit, meh, upon first seeing them in the shop. Not this one. The EXS220 features a gloss black crown with metallic flake around the perimeter with the carbon fiber weave that is the trend these days. On the toe side it features a medium blue with red pin stripe theme with Tour Edge written in silver.

To my eye (and I haven’t taken the measurements of the head yet) the shape reminds me a lot of the Callaway Rogue driver. Larger more stretched out footprint from front to back which suits my eye very well. The bigger the footprint the more comfortable I am behind the ball. The interesting thing is even though I prefer this shape I usually end up hitting the smaller more pear shaped drivers better. I felt the driver sits very neutral to my eye which is a positive. Given my miss is a snap hook closed faced drivers are usually a non-starter for me. The Ventus 4t shaft is a dark grayish/blue metallic color with silver lettering. Very classy and understated looking shaft.
shaft1.jpg
shaft2.jpg

Headcover – Definitely a very quality cover. Boxing Glove style that fits extremely tight. Took a few tugs to get the head back in there.
HC top.jpg
hc back.jpg

Build Quality – This is something I always pay attention to. The first thing I do when I receive any new club is I take it right into the basement and start measuring it to see how close it compares to oem specs.

Tour Edge specs:
ESX220 specs.png

My measurements (I only have the ability to weigh, measure swing weight and length; I do not have a lie and loft device):

Length: 45.75” (this makes sense as Tour Edge measures to the end of the shaft, so adding ¼” for the end cap on the grip brings the OEM spec of 45.5” to 45.75”.)
220 length.jpg

Swing Weight: D3. – TEE does not list their swing weights on their product page.
220SW.jpg

According to the website the rear weight is 9g.
9g TEE.png

My measurement – spot on 9g (9 is stamped on the back of the weight):
220tip.jpg
220tip back.jpg

I am a numbers junkie so for all the tech geeks out there I also measured:

Head only – 193g
220 head wt.jpg

Tip – 9g (note I believe this is an aftermarket tip)
220tip1.jpg

Head + Tip – 202g
220 head+tip.jpg

Total club weight including shaft – 311g (for comparison purposes my Flash is 309g)
220 total.jpg

I haven’t had a chance to hit it yet (hoping today) but if anyone has any questions please feel free to ask. Especially you guys out there in the slower swing range hitting the ball 180-230 and/or playing higher lofted drivers.

Thank you for the detail you put in that 1st look. The more I see these the more I have to get one! i am anxiously awaiting all the reviews!

First off, I wanted to thank THP and Tour Edge for the opportunity of being on TEEm Tour Edge 2020.

Had a chance to unbox my EXS220 Driver last night.

Currently I am gaming an Epic Flash 12* with Even Flow Green 59g shaft Reg flex at 45“. I am not a long hitter but I tend to keep the ball in play (61% Fairways Hit). According to Game Golf I average 223 with the Flash with a “Typical” drive of 229. Anything over 230 is a blessing ;)

Tour Edge sent the driver in 12* with the Fujikura Ventus 4t Core shaft in Reg flex. The Ventus 4t is listed as 58g mid launch, mid spin so it should be a very comparable test between the two in terms of overall builds.

First impressions out of the box. I was going to do an unboxing video but @Gman79 already posted one above. Included in the box were the headcover, torque wrench, card with adapter/loft settings (very handy I might add) and a letter addressed to the (4) TEEm Tour Edge members. What was cool about the letter is it stressed that TEE wants no fluff or fanboy fodder. Honest constructive criticism (good or bad) is what was asked of us as we go through the review process.

Aesthetics/Looks/Styling – It looks great. In terms of shelf appeal I think it stands up to anything out there right now. That is saying something because being a Tour Edge follower for many years now some of their offerings left me a bit, meh, upon first seeing them in the shop. Not this one. The EXS220 features a gloss black crown with metallic flake around the perimeter with the carbon fiber weave that is the trend these days. On the toe side it features a medium blue with red pin stripe theme with Tour Edge written in silver.

To my eye (and I haven’t taken the measurements of the head yet) the shape reminds me a lot of the Callaway Rogue driver. Larger more stretched out footprint from front to back which suits my eye very well. The bigger the footprint the more comfortable I am behind the ball. The interesting thing is even though I prefer this shape I usually end up hitting the smaller more pear shaped drivers better. I felt the driver sits very neutral to my eye which is a positive. Given my miss is a snap hook closed faced drivers are usually a non-starter for me. The Ventus 4t shaft is a dark grayish/blue metallic color with silver lettering. Very classy and understated looking shaft.
View attachment 8932307
View attachment 8932308

Headcover – Definitely a very quality cover. Boxing Glove style that fits extremely tight. Took a few tugs to get the head back in there.
View attachment 8932309
View attachment 8932310

Build Quality – This is something I always pay attention to. The first thing I do when I receive any new club is I take it right into the basement and start measuring it to see how close it compares to oem specs.

Tour Edge specs:
View attachment 8932311

My measurements (I only have the ability to weigh, measure swing weight and length; I do not have a lie and loft device):

Length: 45.75” (this makes sense as Tour Edge measures to the end of the shaft, so adding ¼” for the end cap on the grip brings the OEM spec of 45.5” to 45.75”.)
View attachment 8932312

Swing Weight: D3. – TEE does not list their swing weights on their product page.
View attachment 8932313

According to the website the rear weight is 9g.
View attachment 8932314

My measurement – spot on 9g (9 is stamped on the back of the weight):
View attachment 8932315
View attachment 8932316

I am a numbers junkie so for all the tech geeks out there I also measured:

Head only – 193g
View attachment 8932317

Tip – 9g (note I believe this is an aftermarket tip)
View attachment 8932318

Head + Tip – 202g
View attachment 8932319

Total club weight including shaft – 311g (for comparison purposes my Flash is 309g)
View attachment 8932320

I haven’t had a chance to hit it yet (hoping today) but if anyone has any questions please feel free to ask. Especially you guys out there in the slower swing range hitting the ball 180-230 and/or playing higher lofted drivers.
Just to add a little more info for those who are interested. 1584547421481.jpeg

Attachments

• C183A780-CF6A-44D9-BA5F-DFADA8D994A3.jpeg
    C183A780-CF6A-44D9-BA5F-DFADA8D994A3.jpeg
    84.9 KB · Views: 3
Thank you to THP and Tour Edge for this opportunity to give honest and real feedback. I am not a tech guy when it comes to drivers, but I want to educate myself as I am providing information to the forum. I had some old clubs laying around as well as another demo club from back in the day. Right before finding out I was on TEEm Tour Edge I purchased a 785 from @LLIB so that is pictured as well. So give a look and think this head is quite large comparing to Nike Vapor and 785, but eerily similar to the Cleveland Launcher HB.

Also noting the curve is aggressive compared to anything else I have. You can tell the weight is in the back of this head. Weather and work schedule have not allowed me to hit it, but hopefully I do a head to head 785 vs EXS 220 here tomorrow, if I go on the weekend it will be a simulator with NIKE Vapor and Launcher HB testing as well.

IMG_20200318_123325.jpg
IMG_20200318_124339.jpgIMG_20200318_123340.jpgIMG_20200318_123602.jpgIMG_20200318_123618.jpg

Oh hey. Anyone curious about this?

4F0CC15C-5886-41CD-B31C-79B32B7AF8CE.jpeg

696547A0-3532-4815-B2C0-8FEE84D0C167.jpeg

3337AAED-868C-4157-BF8A-FCAB9F5316CB.jpeg

5AC07932-465E-418F-BC5D-5BB5DB05F436.jpeg

So it is a huge head right?
Pics tell the story I think. Several things I’m picking up on now with them side by side, but I’m curious to see what others notice first.

So it is a huge head right?

Here is mine next to my Epic Flash
As you can see I left the ball and tee in the same spot and there is about a 3/16” gap with the Flash meaning it’s not as stretched out as the EXS220. Having said that the 220 is no bigger than say a Callaway Rogue, Callaway Mav Max or a Ping G400 Max.

B591C6C1-2A95-4112-AEB8-7ACD5D839D65.jpeg
6614E499-4AC4-4291-BD92-582F530C9FFF.jpeg
0EC930BC-1266-48DB-84B4-1F5C7DC30B33.jpeg

Pics tell the story I think. Several things I’m picking up on now with them side by side, but I’m curious to see what others notice first.

EXS220 is shallower than the EXS.

The 301 overall weight as shown is because of the shaft weight differences. I have the Air Speeder in mine and it only weighs 40 grams and I love it.

What flex?

Back