Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220 Driver

Had a chance to hit the EXS220 today.

Sound/Feel
Definitely on the louder side. I come from the Epic Flash which was not known for its great sound. These are similar with perhaps the 220 being slightly louder. It’s crisp sounding but not off-putting to me. But if you like a muted driver like the original Epic or a PXG Gent 2 you may not like this one.

As for feel, I usually equate that to sound. You definitely know when you hit it. Doesn’t have that mushy feel like some more muted sounded drivers so.

Distance/Performance:

This range isn’t the best for determining distance. So I usually aim at the 180yd green. Since I normally carry the ball around 200-210 on a good drive with 20 or so yds of roll I just try and clear the 180 green which usually means I hit a decent one.

The longs with the 220 appeared to be every bit as long as my longs with the Flash.
Off Center retention seemed to be decent too but on the course testing will be the judge of that.

Adjustments/Etc.
I normally play my Flash 12* at +2/D. Even though I fight the lefts I like a driver that sits neutral but yet has an upright lie. Hence the "D" setting which increases the lie in the Cally adapter. For whatever reason it helps me deliver the club better.

With the 220 I started off using the neutral "O" setting. Every shot was right down the middle but launch was too low and it was robbing me of carry + total distance.

I tried the higher loft settings but like every single cog tip adapter it begins to close the face. I setup letting the club rest as it likes to on the ground and have issues with trying to move the face to square and regripping. I grabbed my Flash. In the +2/D setting it looks much more square to my eye than the 220 does in the +2 loft setting. The ball in the ++ setting was drawing a bit more than I would like. I then had an idea to set it back to neutral loft/lie and raise my tee. I was getting to that “afraid to sky mark it” zone but it seemed to work and I had my best results teeing it high and letting it fly.

Will test more tomorrow at the range and hope to get out soon once the rain passes through.

EXS220 is shallower than the EXS.

So shallower means that the volume is elongated - thus my initial reaction bigger head. Especially when looking at 785 and Vapor Pro. Very comparable size to HB which worked well other than the launch was sky high.

Loving the pics y'all are putting in here! Thanks and keep up the reviews. Love reading them!

Same size as Callaway Mavrik Max.
Ehhhhhhhhhhh.

I’ll get some side by sides tonight, but the shapes are def different. Both more on the elongated side, but the 220 is a bit triangular.

IMG_20200318_123153.jpg

Ehhhhhhhhhhh.

I’ll get some side by sides tonight, but the shapes are def different. Both more on the elongated side, but the 220 is a bit triangular.

I guess when I think triangular the Fusion comes to mind. I’m not really seeing that with the 220.
But maybe I’m wrong.
9B05F504-BBFA-469C-B151-ACD6CD85743D.jpeg

So shallower means that the volume is elongated

not necessarily. Shallow usually refers to the face height being on the shorter side versus deeper or taller faced.
with drivers that are more elongated usually they are shallower in order to stay within the 460cc limit.
Not always the rule though as some older drivers like the Burner SF 2.0 had a longer head but was also on the taller side iirc.

I guess when I think triangular the Fusion comes to mind. I’m not really seeing that with the 220.
But maybe I’m wrong.
View attachment 8932462
Not wrong, but going to an extreme. Drivers like this and the 585 have more angular rear sections. It’s not being negative, it’s just the shape.

Not wrong, but going to an extreme. Drivers like this and the 585 have more angular rear sections. It’s not being negative, it’s just the shape.

In looking at your comparison pics above to the EXS I thought last year’s version looked more triangular than the 220.
also agree triangle is not a Negative for me.

In looking at your comparison pics above to the EXS I thought last year’s version looked more triangular than the 220.
also agree triangle is not a Negative for me.
Deeper angles with a deeper front to back head in the 220. Again, it’s not a knock, but reality is the shape is not going to be for everyone.

Deeper angles with a deeper front to back head in the 220. Again, it’s not a knock, but reality is the shape is not going to be for everyone.

having said that. Any other drivers you can think of with a similar shape to the 220 ?

having said that. Any other drivers you can think of with a similar shape to the 220 ?
Old Cobra F6 (non plus) a bit.

The Mav Max is actually a close one after sitting them side by side so that was a good call in here, it has a little more slope and curve at the back that camo’s it a bit though.

I don’t mind it, and for the MOI they achieved, I don’t think most who hit it will think too long on it, but it does have some junk in the trunk.

More than anything next to the EXS now I’m noticing the weave in the CF for the crown is larger in the 220, and there’s a lot more CF in the sole of the 220 than was the case with the EXS.

This may be a good read for some you who want to understand the factors and dynamics considered when designing a driver head.
It will also give you an insight on how R & D is used by each manufacturer to come up with the newest and greatest club for the time using all these elements in different proportions to accomplish their goal and still stay within the guidelines and restrictions set forth by the governing agents. Not an easy task, to say the least.

This may be a good read for some you who want to understand the factors and dynamics considered when designing a driver head.
It will also give you an insight on how R & D is used by each manufacturer to come up with the newest and greatest club for the time using all these elements in different proportions to accomplish their goal and still stay within the guidelines and restrictions set forth by the governing agents. Not an easy task, to say the least.
Not easy at all.

There’s also some pretty solid THP TV videos on our channel about most design aspects as well. ;)

Riptide 6.5 has a TE tip curing. Will try the EXS with the stock Smoke to get some comparison numbers in the next couple days and then plan on more numbers for both but with the Riptide.

The 45.75” to end of grip was bugging me to have to choke down. She’s now at 45” to match my gamer. Hoping the rain holds tomorrow.

Last, but certainly not least, I received my Teem Tour Edge 220 driver. I will do a much more thorough review tomorrow, but for today, a quick review. Perfectly packaged. I know, who cares well I do. A quality product should come in a quality container, and that's what I got. Here's something new, the cover, oh the cover. Once again I know, who cares, well I do. How can everybody on the course be envious of my new driver unless the cover screams, hey, look at me, and this one does. Red, white, and blue (black too) with most of the cover in white. NICE! So what shaft did I get, well I am the newbee in the group with the 90mph swing, so I got the Fujikura Ventus 4t core in a regular shaft with a weight of only 58g. I am hoping for similar results to my beloved M6 Driver with fujikura Ventus Orange shaft. More to come tomorrow unless the Corona mixes with Lime

disease, and I get bit. :LOL:

TEEM220Driver.JPG:ROFLMAO:

Last, but certainly not least, I received my Teem Tour Edge 220 driver. I will do a much more thorough review tomorrow, but for today, a quick review. Perfectly packaged. I know, who cares well I do. A quality product should come in a quality container, and that's what I got. Here's something new, the cover, oh the cover. Once again I know, who cares, well I do. How can everybody on the course be envious of my new driver unless the cover screams, hey, look at me, and this one does. Red, white, and blue (black too) with most of the cover in white. NICE! So what shaft did I get, well I am the newbee in the group with the 90mph swing, so I got the Fujikura Ventus 4t core in a regular shaft with a weight of only 58g. I am hoping for similar results to my beloved M6 Driver with fujikura Ventus Orange shaft.

I’m also in the Ventus Reg. You’re not the only mortal in the group.
:D

I’m also in the Ventus Reg. You’re not the only mortal in the group.
:D
Your short game must be aces for such a low HC!
As of last night, my state (CA) is mostly on lockdown until April , so no telling when I will be able to get out and give it a swing. :cry:

Your short game must be aces for such a low HC!
As of last night, my state (CA) is mostly on lockdown until April , so no telling when I will be able to get out and give it a swing. :cry:

its decent. I play the white tees which helps.
keep the ball in play off the tee and avg 40% GIR. Avg score is around 81-82. If the yardage is under 6k I can get into the 70’s. One course I play is 6400 and I’m usually around 80-86 there.

its decent. I play the white tees which helps.
keep the ball in play off the tee and avg 40% GIR. Avg score is around 81-82. If the yardage is under 6k I can get into the 70’s. One course I play is 6400 and I’m usually around 80-86 there.
Forgot to mention. I got a putting tip in July to make sure I followed through with my stroke. I was more less pop stroking it. That change alone help lower my cap 2-3 strokes.

Back