Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220 Driver

Alright so I have my first impressions of the driver! Love it in the bag with that stunning cover... The shaft and head paired nicely allowing a feeling of where the head was during the swing. My swing is all over the place at the moment which helps test the forgiveness. Wow this thing is forgiving... Im out towards the toe, but I was taking 2 swings with this and 785 and not being fit for 785, this one felt much better. Smoother swing more flex. I play a tight little course nearby and no ob or lost balls which is good.

Overall playable drives that were at or above distance tough to gauge as swing was fluid and tons of in the face wind.

When I took some extra swings with it you could feel the ball jump off compared to what I am used to anyways. There were a few that into the wind were farther than 785 the week before.

Sound was more a thwack than a ting didn't bother me but I can tell how others would say it's loud.

Hope to hit in the sim to go toe to toe with 785...

Last edited:
So, hitting the EXS again side by side with this....

Now THAT was a loud driver. The 220 isn’t quiet, but I’m much more in tune with the sound now.

:oops:

So, hitting the EXS again side by side with this....

Now THAT was a loud driver. The 220 isn’t quiet, but I’m much more in tune with the sound now.

:oops:
When I was hitting it it was not ear piercing but definitely not quiet... What are the drivers that are quiet compared to EXS 220

Actually went to the range and then played 9 holes. The driver goes straight, most of the time, and far, really far. Definitely not as slicey as my M6 is. Hits very well and the sound is louder, but not too loud. So the negative, that beautiful cover is a PITA to put on and take off. No curve to it at all. So bad, I am thinking about getting a new cover. More to come later.

Actually went to the range and then played 9 holes. The driver goes straight, most of the time, and far, really far. Definitely not as slicey as my M6 is. Hits very well and the sound is louder, but not too loud. So the negative, that beautiful cover is a PITA to put on and take off. No curve to it at all. So bad, I am thinking about getting a new cover. More to come later.
I agree with this especially after using some ones I was gifted. I think the design flaw of being flat and having a very large head. Maybe it just needs broken in? I out on a dummy cover and a contest cover and slid right on but that TE red white and blue beauty is a PITA

I agree with this especially after using some ones I was gifted. I think the design flaw of being flat and having a very large head. Maybe it just needs broken in? I out on a dummy cover and a contest cover and slid right on but that TE red white and blue beauty is a PITA
It gets easier to take on/off.

Finished my data collection on this one yesterday, not my best swing, but it’ll give me two samples to put into the review article.

Im seeing the setup isn’t the best fit for me flex and shaft profile wise, but I kind of knew that going in. Good numbers, amazing launch, but a little spinnier at times than I like to see for my game.

But, it’s forgiving as the day is long, and most definitely worth tweaking post review.

Like Sir Mix Alot said Baby Got Back!!

Session 2 averages for those interested:

156.5 BS, 11.5 LA, 2905 RPM, 33Y, 253 Carry, 40.4 Descent

Finished my data collection on this one yesterday, not my best swing, but it’ll give me two samples to put into the review article.

Im seeing the setup isn’t the best fit for me flex and shaft profile wise, but I kind of knew that going in. Good numbers, amazing launch, but a little spinnier at times than I like to see for my game.

But, it’s forgiving as the day is long, and most definitely worth tweaking post review.
Well........I'm waiting!:confused2::egyptian:

Well........I'm waiting!:confused2::egyptian:
Article will be finished in the coming days. Then comes editing and it being posted. Patience ;)

Session 2 averages for those interested:

156.5 BS, 11.5 LA, 2905 RPM, 33Y, 253 Carry, 40.4 Descent

Can you compare to the OG EXS driver?

Based on your comments around forgiveness seems like it would be a good driver to put up against more forgiving options from other OEMs.

Can you compare to the OG EXS driver?

Based on your comments around forgiveness seems like it would be a good driver to put up against more forgiving options from other OEMs.
I think it goes toe to toe with my Mavrik Max and the G400 Max I consider one of the best drivers ever, which, is high praise.

I'm working on getting some time tomorrow to get a bit of EXS data to at least show you all here, probably won't use it in the article, but the goal is to either give the side by side here or to turn it into a standalone article on its own eventually. (y)

I'm looking forward to the review. I really do think this is a sleeper driver this year.

I think it goes toe to toe with my Mavrik Max and the G400 Max I consider one of the best drivers ever, which, is high praise.

I'm working on getting some time tomorrow to get a bit of EXS data to at least show you all here, probably won't use it in the article, but the goal is to either give the side by side here or to turn it into a standalone article on its own eventually. (y)
I played a round with the EXS 220 today. Hit it really well. It was windy here on Long Island this morning, and I agree with you on the 400 LST (I played that 2 years ago and moved into 410 LST which was really similar. The EXS 220 really cuts through the wind and was a good 10 yards further into the wind that my SIM. It might be a little bit more demanding to hit than the SIM, but similar to PING and Mavrik SZ in my opinion.

Here are some comparisons to my M6: forgive the dirt on the M6 please.
20200320_171129.jpg

20200320_171143.jpg

20200320_171216.jpg

And here is how my cover looks after install. I will let you all make the judgement here:

20200321_144112.jpg

20200321_144119.jpg

Looks like a Callaway Rogue with higher MOI. We'll have to see how the ball speed is with no Jailbreak

Will be hitting more concentrated effort on Thursday.

Will be hitting more concentrated effort on Thursday.
Lucky dawg. My TRackman sesh at 1899 was canceled since they are closed being a bar.

The TEEm is quiet.....

My review is complete and will go up soon.

Im also working on the head to head numbers vs the EXS now. Managed to get a couple shots up to 164 on the 220 tho. :oops:

The TEEm is quiet.....

My review is complete and will go up soon.

Im also working on the head to head numbers vs the EXS now. Managed to get a couple shots up to 164 on the 220 tho. :oops:

Simulator is closed until further notice, golf courses closed for the last week (open now but cold rain past few days) - no other practice location available for me. only putting and chipping at this point. hopefully this weekend for 9 holes...

The TEEm is quiet.....

Sorry, COVID has my life shut down at this point. Courses reopened last week but with having a family with 3 young kids under the age of 10 their safety is of my utmost importance. Also not fortunate enough to be able to hit balls at home and get any measurements.

Just not risking going anywhere right now. The courses around here are stupid packed last I checked. I drove by the course I usually play and there had to be over 200 cars in the parking lot. Even the overflow lot was filled and they were parking on the lawn in front of the tee box. 3-4 groups on every hole. No thanks.

Sorry, COVID has my life shut down at this point. Courses reopened last week but with having a family with 3 young kids under the age of 10 their safety is of my utmost importance. Also not fortunate enough to be able to hit balls at home and get any measurements.

Just not risking going anywhere right now. The courses around here are stupid packed last I checked. I drove by the course I usually play and there had to be over 200 cars in the parking lot. Even the overflow lot was filled and they were parking on the lawn in front of the tee box. 3-4 groups on every hole. No thanks.
Well wishes to the family of fellow TEEm!

I do not blame you and seems priorities are in order. It will get better soon!

Well wishes to the family of fellow TEEm!

I do not blame you and seems priorities are in order. It will get better soon!

thanks man, I hope so.

Back