Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220 Driver

Head + Tip – 202g

Thank you so much for sharing this! thats exactly what I needed to know.

Anyways, I bought both the EXS 220 and EXS Pro today, I couldnt decide which one to get, so ordered both.

Rockbottom had a sale on where they gave $100 off for purchases over $500 so I made 2 orders to get that twice and topped up by purchasing extra shafts and some grips. End result is 2 drivers, plus 3 shafts and 14 Winn grips for about $810 (plus shipping/tax to the other side of the world)

So i have two heads and 6 shafts to experiment with to find my perfect fit.
EXS 220 9.5 with the HZD smoke yellow
EXS Pro 10.5 with CK Orange
Evenflow white T1100
Evenflow Blue
Evenflow Riptide
Nunchuk (my existing shaft)

Now i need some adapters, but I see two different kinds described as EXS, the difference is the screw, but either is ok, right?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000828468573.html
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/TOUR-EDGE-EXOTICS-OEM-QUALITY-EXS_62412629222.html
(this 2nd one is sold direct from manufacturer)
Screenshot from 2020-08-25 20-41-04.png

Screenshot from 2020-08-25 20-39-15.png

Top looks like the one I used on my other shaft...on eBay as well.

Thank you so much for sharing this! thats exactly what I needed to know.

Anyways, I bought both the EXS 220 and EXS Pro today, I couldnt decide which one to get, so ordered both.

Rockbottom had a sale on where they gave $100 off for purchases over $500 so I made 2 orders to get that twice and topped up by purchasing extra shafts and some grips. End result is 2 drivers, plus 3 shafts and 14 Winn grips for about $810 (plus shipping/tax to the other side of the world)

So i have two heads and 6 shafts to experiment with to find my perfect fit.
EXS 220 9.5 with the HZD smoke yellow
EXS Pro 10.5 with CK Orange
Evenflow white T1100
Evenflow Blue
Evenflow Riptide
Nunchuk (my existing shaft)

Now i need some adapters, but I see two different kinds described as EXS, the difference is the screw, but either is ok, right?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000828468573.html
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/TOUR-EDGE-EXOTICS-OEM-QUALITY-EXS_62412629222.html
(this 2nd one is sold direct from manufacturer)
View attachment 8960171

View attachment 8960172

glaI could help. I’m big into the technical aspects so I like to share my perspective there.
Here is the Tour Edge adapter I bought off eBay.
No issues with it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TOUR-EDGE-...0-DRIVER-ADAPTER-335-ADAPTER-RH-/312066278881

Here is the Tour Edge adapter I bought off eBay.
No issues with it.
the shipping cost to me is more than the tip.... :ROFLMAO:
thanks, I have bought that one directly from china, 5 for USD25.

the shipping cost to me is more than the tip.... :ROFLMAO:
thanks, I have bought that one directly from china, 5 for USD25.
Got it. I didn’t know you were overseas

No golf league tomorrow - clear timing for a nice range session linking the Boomer EXS 220 with LIN-Q Gunmetal!

No golf league tomorrow - clear timing for a nice range session linking the Boomer EXS 220 with LIN-Q Gunmetal!

can't wait to hear how it works out 🚀

hit mine today...i gotta say i was a little apprehensive hearing it was stout but it's a really nice shaft in the EXS220...trimmed to 44.5". felt good. i can't speak to the technical parts of the swing but i can say that i was very comfortable with this...can't wait put more swings on it.

Still have been rotating the 12* EXS220 driver with the SZ Xtreme and the Epic Flash.

Shot Scope is showing a close race in terms of average distance:
Black D = Xtreme - 232 yds
Blue D = EXS220 - 232 yds
Yellow D = Epic Flash 223 yds

In terms of Fairway in Reg/Accuracy:
Flash: 59%
EXS220: 57%
Xtreme: 53%

Definitely a great driver if somebody is looking for a good mix of distance, accuracy, looks and feel/sound. Keeps up with the best drivers out there.
And if somebody needs lower spin there is always the EXS Pro driver.
1599149607644.png

i love this driver...end of report.

anyone had any trouble with threading (stripping) the adaptor?
i have had repeated issues (once each on 3 tips) with both the OEM adaptor and the aftermarket ones i bought. my clubfitter also, we both have been gentle. (i know i have).

simply it sometimes wont screw straight in, and even though no real force applied we can see that he thread is starting to get damaged in the tip. Seems to get it back to ok again by carefully and firmly rescrewing the bolt in and out a couple of times directly into the tip.

The bolt is obviously stronger metal, no damage at all.

Its only the 2nd removable head i have had, no such problems with my Ping hybrid. So its not as if I am an uncoordinated muppet.

Last edited:
anyone had any trouble with threading (stripping) the adaptor?
i have had repeated issues (once each on 3 tips) with both the OEM adaptor and the aftermarket ones i bought. my clubfitter also, we both have been gentle. (i know i have).

simply it sometimes wont screw straight in, and even though no real force applied we can see that he thread is starting to get damaged in the tip. Seems to get it back to ok again by carefully and firmly rescrewing the bolt in and out a couple of times directly into the tip.

The bolt is obviously stronger metal, no damage at all.

Its only the 2nd removable head i have had, no such problems with my Ping hybrid. So its not as if I am an uncoordinated muppet.
I have heard a few nightmares from the aftermarket fake ones, but the OEM version I have not had any issues.

I had this driver in my hand this week.....
I forsee some OT hopefully
You will hit this one to the moon. Go find that EXS Pro!

I know the new Tour Edge C721 is out and the reviews have already been fantastic, but back when I was lucky to win the 2020 THP Fantasy Golf League I was given the opportunity to receive a full set of Tour Edge EXS clubs. Here at THP, who doesn't love getting new equipment and reviewing it? Common, we all are here because of how much we love golf, and the fact that I am able to talk about Tour Edge is just so much fun. The weather has been a PITA for getting these out on the course here, but I have been playing some sim golf and using the Tour Edge Golf clubs, and man these are worth every penny. I wanted to bring back up the EXS 220 driver as this may be last year's model, but for those of us that might not buy the latest and greatest, but want to get top-line premium equipment, you need to consider the Tour Edge EXS 220 driver.

You can still get the EXS 220 driver from Tour Edge for $249 and much less if you use some of the other online locations to buy used equipment. What I was very happy with while playing was not only the data in the distance, ball speed, and spin generated, but the cosmetics and sound are just fantastic as well. What Tour Edge has been able to get out of this product is something to be noticed.

First, looking at cosmetics, the Driver head looks premium in every way. It has just the right amount of carbon fiber, a beautiful face, and when down at address you can see this driver is just as pretty as any driver on the market today. The driver head seems a bit elongated, but not overly too much. The diamond face looks a bit longer than some other drivers I have used, but after measuring doesn't seem to be. What I also like is the adjustable hosel. I am a big proponent of adjustability, and like most premium drivers, the Tour Edge EXS 220 has plenty of adjustability in the hosel. The weight doesn't adjust, but I like to keep that in the rear for maximum MOI.

The next big part of any driver test for me is the sound. While I don't mind or look at sound too much in irons, hearing the correct pleasing pitch of the ball off a driver is very important for me. I have actually not purchased drivers just because of how they sounded. The Tour Edge EXS 220 has a very good "Whack" off the tee. The pitch is very good and pleasing to my ear. I can tell when I hit the screws and even when I don't hit it solid the sound is still good.

As for the other data points, they all came in very close and sometimes better than my current gamer driver. I really liked how consistent the EXS driver was on my non-center strikes. I have a tendency to hit off the toe side more. And even when I did hit a poor shot the EXS did a very good job of keeping the distance and dispersion not too off. I was consistently getting drives reaching 230+. Yeah, I am not like some of the long ball guys here and reaching 3 bills, but a consistent 230-240 I will take from any driver all day long.

So, for anyone that is looking for top-notch equipment and doesn't want to pay top pricing, this Tour Edge line is where it's at.

I know the new Tour Edge C721 is out and the reviews have already been fantastic, but back when I was lucky to win the 2020 THP Fantasy Golf League I was given the opportunity to receive a full set of Tour Edge EXS clubs. Here at THP, who doesn't love getting new equipment and reviewing it? Common, we all are here because of how much we love golf, and the fact that I am able to talk about Tour Edge is just so much fun. The weather has been a PITA for getting these out on the course here, but I have been playing some sim golf and using the Tour Edge Golf clubs, and man these are worth every penny. I wanted to bring back up the EXS 220 driver as this may be last year's model, but for those of us that might not buy the latest and greatest, but want to get top-line premium equipment, you need to consider the Tour Edge EXS 220 driver.

You can still get the EXS 220 driver from Tour Edge for $249 and much less if you use some of the other online locations to buy used equipment. What I was very happy with while playing was not only the data in the distance, ball speed, and spin generated, but the cosmetics and sound are just fantastic as well. What Tour Edge has been able to get out of this product is something to be noticed.

First, looking at cosmetics, the Driver head looks premium in every way. It has just the right amount of carbon fiber, a beautiful face, and when down at address you can see this driver is just as pretty as any driver on the market today. The driver head seems a bit elongated, but not overly too much. The diamond face looks a bit longer than some other drivers I have used, but after measuring doesn't seem to be. What I also like is the adjustable hosel. I am a big proponent of adjustability, and like most premium drivers, the Tour Edge EXS 220 has plenty of adjustability in the hosel. The weight doesn't adjust, but I like to keep that in the rear for maximum MOI.

The next big part of any driver test for me is the sound. While I don't mind or look at sound too much in irons, hearing the correct pleasing pitch of the ball off a driver is very important for me. I have actually not purchased drivers just because of how they sounded. The Tour Edge EXS 220 has a very good "Whack" off the tee. The pitch is very good and pleasing to my ear. I can tell when I hit the screws and even when I don't hit it solid the sound is still good.

As for the other data points, they all came in very close and sometimes better than my current gamer driver. I really liked how consistent the EXS driver was on my non-center strikes. I have a tendency to hit off the toe side more. And even when I did hit a poor shot the EXS did a very good job of keeping the distance and dispersion not too off. I was consistently getting drives reaching 230+. Yeah, I am not like some of the long ball guys here and reaching 3 bills, but a consistent 230-240 I will take from any driver all day long.

So, for anyone that is looking for top-notch equipment and doesn't want to pay top pricing, this Tour Edge line is where it's at.
Great stuff! Thanks for sharing.

You will hit this one to the moon. Go find that EXS Pro!

@Jman is the EXS Pro better than the EXS 220 ? And if so...how so ?
Thanks!

As I continue to game the EXS Driver, I continue to be impressed. It may still be on the simulator, but I will gladly take 250+ in the fairway any day.

I can’t wait to get this out on the course in real situations to test.

29487460-36C1-4584-973C-B72604C5AE83.jpeg

As I continue to game the EXS Driver, I continue to be impressed. It may still be on the simulator, but I will gladly take 250+ in the fairway any day.

I can’t wait to get this out on the course in real situations to test.

View attachment 8995285

I see the software is e6, what launch monitor is that on?

I got a chance to hit @Steve2100 EXS 220 driver today! I was surprised just how big this driver looks compared to other 460 cc heads. It looked twice as big as my EXS driver. Overall, I was impressed by it. I liked the look and sound of the original EXS better, but there is something to this Diamond Face technology! Definitely felt more explosive than the original! I would say this driver was very comparable to my Ben Hogan GS53 MAX. It has me intrigued to try the EXS PRO model.

Back