Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220 Fairway Woods and Hybrids

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
Love seeing the new stuff from Tour Edge come out, and there’s some lefty gear! Good looking line up for sure, and as always the pricing is on point.

Do we have a release date on these?

I really love the feel of the EXS line. I’m thinking this hybrid might end up in my bag.

Love seeing the new stuff from Tour Edge come out, and there’s some lefty gear! Good looking line up for sure, and as always the pricing is on point.

Do we have a release date on these?
2/1/2020

I really love the feel of the EXS line. I’m thinking this hybrid might end up in my bag.
I’m excited to try the whole line, the EXS stuff was quite good, and if this is better? Look out.

Like the looks of this one. Also the tech behind the face. Seems to be a new trend that will become the new standard (for now) in face technology.

I believe the EXS 3 wood was one of the best offered last year! I know mine was extremely long! I would suggest anyone looking at this new club, to really get fit because it might cause a gap issue. The fairway woods really stood out! I wished I went 3 & 5 wood in the EXS. Hybrids are good. They are on the larger side. Forgiving and long. More mini fairway like than hybrid like in my opinion.

I believe the EXS 3 wood was one of the best offered last year! I know mine was extremely long! I would suggest anyone looking at this new club, to really get fit because it might cause a gap issue. The fairway woods really stood out! I wished I went 3 & 5 wood in the EXS. Hybrids are good. They are on the larger side. Forgiving and long. More mini fairway like than hybrid like in my opinion.
That might be even more the case now with the shape change of the hybrids.

Like the looks of this one. Also the tech behind the face. Seems to be a new trend that will become the new standard (for now) in face technology.
I just love seeing companies do SOMETHING different with the faces. We had a sequence of about 5-6 years where it was the same face cup, the same inverted cone, the same whatever. The last two years though that’s finally getting turned on it’s ear.

Wow stellar looking line up packed with some tech. Interested to put some swings on the line and stack it up against my current gamers.

That might be even more the case now with the shape change of the hybrids.
I like a smaller hybrid I have found out, so I didn’t ”love” the hybrid. It’s good though. But, with the performance of the fairway woods, you need those in your bag.

I like a smaller hybrid I have found out, so I didn’t ”love” the hybrid. It’s good though. But, with the performance of the fairway woods, you need those in your bag.
I’m a smaller profile hybo player as well, but, I think we are in the minority these days haha

I just love seeing companies do SOMETHING different with the faces. We had a sequence of about 5-6 years where it was the same face cup, the same inverted cone, the same whatever. The last two years though that’s finally getting turned on it’s ear.

Im with you here. The internal structure for a number of years was much of a mystery. Hell, nobody even mentioned CG until SLDR came out and that wasn't even face inserts/cups. There are companies that stick with the status quo and then there are companies that bring new materials and designs. Over the last 3 years we have seen milled faces to eliminate QC issues. We have seen AI used to completely change the way faces are made and all but eliminate reverse engineering and now we are seeing another brand do something unique at least for the time being.

I love tech innovation and think Tour Edge has something here.

What an awesome launch for TE. Gorgeous clubs with tech screaming at you. Don’t love the design on the face but that’s minor. I appreciate these guys respecting my wallet. Great value in the brand. Super review too.

Im with you here. The internal structure for a number of years was much of a mystery. Hell, nobody even mentioned CG until SLDR came out and that wasn't even face inserts/cups. There are companies that stick with the status quo and then there are companies that bring new materials and designs. Over the last 3 years we have seen milled faces to eliminate QC issues. We have seen AI used to completely change the way faces are made and all but eliminate reverse engineering and now we are seeing another brand do something unique at least for the time being.

I love tech innovation and think Tour Edge has something here.
Man, the reverse engineering topic is one I think would blow minds out there, I remember when I realized everyone was doing it....some more blatantly than others...my head hurt.

I like the nice simplistic matte crown.. great to see TE continuing to bring great products to the market at reasonable prices

More people need Tour Edge in their bags

Great article Jman

Sounds like this line will be a continuation of very solid offerings from TEE. Holding the prices down below the big OEMs is refreshing for the consumer as well.

The naming feels a bit odd, but I love the look, that sole plate is so cool, I have to think it helps with turf interaction, which for someone like me who struggles with that kind of thing, I can't wait to demo them.

The naming feels a bit odd, but I love the look, that sole plate is so cool, I have to think it helps with turf interaction, which for someone like me who struggles with that kind of thing, I can't wait to demo them.
Did you read the part about the turf interaction (debris funneling) in there Icey? ;):p

Did you read the part about the turf interaction (debris funneling) in there Icey? ;):p
Yeah, that's probably what I'm intrigued by the most, my swing has always seemed unique, with my extreme decent angle, I'm always curious with my aggressive tendencies how some of those technologies will work for me personally. I'm always confused by if the design is there for the average golfer and if I actually fall into that category.:unsure:

As much as I try to leave, the Tour Edge fairway woods always pull me back in. Ever since the EX9 Tours I have been a sucker for their clubs. Will definitely be giving these a hit.

Yeah, that's probably what I'm intrigued by the most, my swing has always seemed unique, with my extreme decent angle, I'm always curious with my aggressive tendencies how some of those technologies will work for me personally. I'm always confused by if the design is there for the average golfer and if I actually fall into that category.:unsure:
I'm a digger in recovery!? Never had a problem with the EXS fairway woods!

Ooooh, great. But where is the Ti in fairway - such a great feel.

Hybrid - interested. See if new fairway gets better results than EX10 Beta.

Back