Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220 Fairway Woods and Hybrids

Also, I’ve got a data capture of this and Mavrik, and the differences in the same session, even with my fighting my swing a bit, in launch and spin are notable. Will try to get those up this evening.

Haha I know...just trying to bump it up! Secretly hoping I get to take similar pics for TEEm!

Fingers crossed as well that we might get to test the hybrid. Usually I go from driver to 3/4/5 hybrids. Just haven’t gotten along too well in recent years with fairway woods.

Got done playing a quick 9 and one of the guys in the group got a EXS 220 off the bay only his was a 15*. This is one sweet hitting club. My Cobra King F7 FW has just been put on notice!

@Jman Did you hit the EXS 220 #2 Hybrid 17* at all? Is this something you would consider as something in between your 3 wood and #3 Hybrid?

@Jman Did you hit the EXS 220 #2 Hybrid 17* at all? Is this something you would consider as something in between your 3 wood and #3 Hybrid?
Nope, sorry.

I don’t play a club between 3w and 19h though so I’m not the right one to ask there

DISCLAIMER - My swing is not in a great place right now, my weight shift is heated poop and I'm lifty as hell. But, I promised data, so here it is.

These are indoor, and off the deck ONLY. What stands out to me here was exactly what I saw when working with the 220 before, I'm seeing ball speeds right on the Mavrik, but with some spin to them making the shots more playable.

Again, read the disclaimer please. 😢

Mavrik H19.jpg

220 H19.jpg

Morning nudge for my hang-y back-y self. 😭

DISCLAIMER - My swing is not in a great place right now, my weight shift is heated poop and I'm lifty as hell. But, I promised data, so here it is.

These are indoor, and off the deck ONLY. What stands out to me here was exactly what I saw when working with the 220 before, I'm seeing ball speeds right on the Mavrik, but with some spin to them making the shots more playable.

Again, read the disclaimer please. 😢

View attachment 8936048

View attachment 8936049
Do you think loss of distance is club or swing?

Loss of distance where? The 220 compared to the Mav? That’s because the spin is lower on the Mav, so more total distance, but way less playable on course....way way.

or shaft fit?

Looks like more height, higher descent angle with TEE, leading to more playability?

or shaft fit?
Nah. I don’t think so, the Mavrik is just a much lower spin head. In fact, KBS hybrid shafts are a worse fit for me historically than catalyst.

I genuinely believe the 220 hybrid is the star of the lineup.

I think he ordered same shafts, could be wrong maybe that was for driver only.
That was driver only, and I built them out that way.

But, I do have two Recoil hybrid shafts that are identical sitting around:unsure:

I think he ordered same shafts, could be wrong maybe that was for driver only.

Spin may be difference in carry - but getting more height and higher descent angle with TEE, leading to better shots (more favorable results).

I will sacrifice some distance for better results - I've been playing a Tensei CK Pro Red in hybrids which launches high with mid spin. Wonder if TGI is similar.

Spin may be difference in carry - but getting more height and higher descent angle with TEE, leading to better shots (more favorable results).
Yeah, in those two samples, the 220 is by far the better set. Will try for another session today to get more on them both, and see what if anything changes.

Total distance isn’t everything.

Yeah, in those two samples, the 220 is by far the better set. Will try for another session today to get more on them both, and see what if anything changes.

Total distance isn’t everything.
Any opinion on KBS TGI shaft? I've been using Tensei CK Pro Red 70 for more height and spin. Am comfortable with that shaft in terms of playability -

I will sacrifice some distance for better results - I've been playing a Tensei CK Pro Red in hybrids which launches high with mid spin. Wonder if TGI is similar.
Makes sense thanks for clarifying and describing the shots.

Any opinion on KBS TGI shaft? I've been using Tensei CK Pro Red 70 for more height and spin. Am comfortable with that shaft in terms of playability -
I’m hot and cold on the TGI stuff. I’ve enjoyed it at times in full sets, but there’s just something there I can’t put my finger on that’s a little off for me compared to recoils or MMT’s.

Nope, sorry.

I don’t play a club between 3w and 19h though so I’m not the right one to ask there

No worries, thanks dude.

I’m hot and cold on the TGI stuff. I’ve enjoyed it at times in full sets, but there’s just something there I can’t put my finger on that’s a little off for me compared to recoils or MMT’s.
Consistency?

Not the best profile for me, so I don’t want to be unfair to them, if that makes sense.
Yes, thanks. Street price of TEE 220 Hybrids is attractive, making it a likely candidate in a 19, and a shaft change, inevitable.

Yes, thanks. Street price of TEE 220 Hybrids is attractive, making it a likely candidate in a 19, and a shaft change, inevitable.
The fact that ball speeds hang with Mavrik is all anyone needs to know imo. And based on having hybrid, fairway, and driver...I believe it’s the best of the three

Back