Tour Edge Exotics EXS Driver Review

Still haven't been able to swing mine. This happened today. WTF!!
c10a338bd44f4c04bdb2c81f662c536c.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Dude...WTF! I need it to be warm and sunny next week!

I can't help but to think how I need this driver/FW in my life! It's gonna haunt me until I do!

Put this driver on the sideline for the last 2 weeks because I wanted to see my consistent draw come back that I knew I could produce with the Epic. The EXS will be back in the bag Monday and hopefully I will be able to replicate it with the EXS after seeing it for 2 weeks.

Scott, I have a draw tendency with a hook miss and the EXS took most of that away. I can still hook it with my all arms and no legs swings but it definitely wants to fly straight. This is a positive for me but I can see somebody who works the ball not getting along with this driver. I am two rounds in with this club and it has been a pleasant surprise.

Scott, I have a draw tendency with a hook miss and the EXS took most of that away. I can still hook it with my all arms and no legs swings but it definitely wants to fly straight. This is a positive for me but I can see somebody who works the ball not getting along with this driver. I am two rounds in and this club and it has been a pleasant surprise.
It does like to fly straight which is never a bad thing. The problem for me lies when I leave it right. I cannot work the ball left to right which in most cases means I am going to be putting pressure on my short game. If I miss left off the tee, I can easily hook the ball with an iron.

The construction of the EXS head continues to baffle me how it is not draw biased. Carbon fiber in the toe end and a weight in the heal end SHOULD, in theory, produce a right to left ball flight.

Still haven't been able to swing mine. This happened today. WTF!!
c10a338bd44f4c04bdb2c81f662c536c.jpg

I feel your pain. I'm in Kalamazoo, and we got blasted with the same system. 2" on the deck this morning :angry:

Lot of golf on the docket for the weekend

Looking forward to trying a few different weight combinations and setting in this

0f504a270d439a1c85b6d794fd478516.jpg

d6b54f8406c0557a77b7b7b64415dded.jpg

6a96593dcfbcffb66b2f2b863ae9bff8.jpg

I find it funny that they’re getting to a pricepoint on the driver $299 and they sprung for this fancy weight pouch for $62 shipped

For 3 weights shipped $62 is still $13 cheaper than 3 weights from Cobra shipped and you get a fancy pouch

Got mine in today, but, won't be able to swing it until Friday, maybe Saturday, depending on rain. Really anxious to see how it performs.

Lot of golf on the docket for the weekend

Looking forward to trying a few different weight combinations and setting in this

0f504a270d439a1c85b6d794fd478516.jpg

d6b54f8406c0557a77b7b7b64415dded.jpg

6a96593dcfbcffb66b2f2b863ae9bff8.jpg

I find it funny that they’re getting to a pricepoint on the driver $299 and they sprung for this fancy weight pouch for $62 shipped

For 3 weights shipped $62 is still $13 cheaper than 3 weights from Cobra shipped and you get a fancy pouch

I put some little washers under my OG weights to add 2 grams to each. That got me the D4 swing weight I was after but the pouch is a nice touch. The weights are precision machined so $62 shipped with a nice case is not too expensive IMO.

Okay - 18 holes with this one on Saturday from a 36 hole golf day.

There is a ton - a freaking TON to love about this driver - starting with the price = FREE I mean can’t beat that haha j/k thank you THP and Tour Edge for the March Madness contest and thank you freaking Auburn for almost getting there.

Seriously though, the $299 is a STEAL - putting this up against a Mizuno and Titleist TS2 and the F9

In no way did I feel the component/looks/feel were “cheap” “inferior” or sub par to any of those and the performance definitely was not less than either.

If you’re on budget, please consider this driver - with the Budget Golf Coupon you can own the driver and the weight kit for about just the cost of the Driver (haha advert right here)

Still need to get a Cobra Connect grip on it so I don’t have to manually adjust when I tee off with it.

Was okay distance wise in the times I had it out before with the D2 swing weight. Was getting great launch mid/mid high

Received the weight kit swapped out the 9 with the 11 gram weight in the heel - have it playing at 11.5* but just plus 1 not plus 1 Draw - the setting is a bit confusing but they give a great adjustment guide that provides the loft adjustments as well as the new lie angle

23dba311d98045d63a12a1922c6ee31f.jpg

courtesy of Tour Edge website

The sound isn’t like a cannon - more subdued but still definitely different than the F9 to me, specifically when the heavy weight is forward in the F9.

The Tensei shaft is a great stock shaft - A b/c I’m familiar with it lol and b it also is a playable shaft for my game. Gives me a good mid flight at least from the last 18 holes - good combo of carry and roll even in damp conditions

This is playing at the stock length 45.5”

8d2aab50a55af9c4531a53bf1773def8.jpg

Driver distance results from the round.

c8bc1691dfa27238767f1d44a782b194.jpg

Dispersion - mind you this includes all of the shots I’ve hit with it also I think 1 or 2 drives that were an F9 PX Yellow shaft

My one block left from the weekend was a too strong grip

Stock flight is my swing Left to Right - I am able to work it Right left when I setup for it though

068bd9d54fd229abf82740fab6838bae.jpg

Best drive of the weekend cut the corner perfectly

I’m really torn on cutting this down to Tour Length but with the accuracy I’ve been having I don’t think I need too especially with the distance improvement over the F9 that I’ve been seeing

Great write up Alex! More distance than the F9? Honestly, I am a little surprised by that from all I have read about the F9.

Great write up Alex! More distance than the F9? Honestly, I am a little surprised by that from all I have read about the F9.

Thanks for reading Scott!

F9 is playing an inch shorter that can play into it.

Swing hasn’t been till this weekend and it’s also been Sub 50* since the MC

Add 30* of warmth and we’ll see the real distance - also still figuring out the ball I want to game.

B330 was the winner on the weekend for me, but I’ve been playing this ProV1 that has been outstanding as well.

I finally pulled the trigger and ordered mine, hopefully be here by the end of the week. Did a fitting with Tour Edge at a big Golf Expo we have here every year, ended up 10.5* head, Tensei Blue 60R shaft, stock mid-size grip (Lamkin UTX), setup Neutral/Upright and standard weight positions. During the fitting I hit both heads, 10.5* and 9.5*, three shafts (I was able to eliminate a few possibilities from previous experience), and all kinds of settings, so I'm pretty confident in what I'm getting.

I can't wait for it to get here, this will be the first time I've purchased a new "this year's model" driver. I am the guy Tour Edge said they were targeting with this driver when they did the THP Live bit earlier this year, the budget minded golfer that would normally by a new last year's model driver when the new models come out.

By the way, The TEE EXS driver is being excluded from discounts at all of the on-line retailers, like Budget Golf. This wasn't the case a couple of months ago, but speaks to the success Tour Edge is having with this one.

Okay - 18 holes with this one on Saturday from a 36 hole golf day.

There is a ton - a freaking TON to love about this driver - starting with the price = FREE I mean can’t beat that haha j/k thank you THP and Tour Edge for the March Madness contest and thank you freaking Auburn for almost getting there.

Seriously though, the $299 is a STEAL - putting this up against a Mizuno and Titleist TS2 and the F9

In no way did I feel the component/looks/feel were “cheap” “inferior” or sub par to any of those and the performance definitely was not less than either.

If you’re on budget, please consider this driver - with the Budget Golf Coupon you can own the driver and the weight kit for about just the cost of the Driver (haha advert right here)

Still need to get a Cobra Connect grip on it so I don’t have to manually adjust when I tee off with it.

Was okay distance wise in the times I had it out before with the D2 swing weight. Was getting great launch mid/mid high

Received the weight kit swapped out the 9 with the 11 gram weight in the heel - have it playing at 11.5* but just plus 1 not plus 1 Draw - the setting is a bit confusing but they give a great adjustment guide that provides the loft adjustments as well as the new lie angle

23dba311d98045d63a12a1922c6ee31f.jpg

courtesy of Tour Edge website

The sound isn’t like a cannon - more subdued but still definitely different than the F9 to me, specifically when the heavy weight is forward in the F9.

The Tensei shaft is a great stock shaft - A b/c I’m familiar with it lol and b it also is a playable shaft for my game. Gives me a good mid flight at least from the last 18 holes - good combo of carry and roll even in damp conditions

This is playing at the stock length 45.5”

8d2aab50a55af9c4531a53bf1773def8.jpg

Driver distance results from the round.

c8bc1691dfa27238767f1d44a782b194.jpg

Dispersion - mind you this includes all of the shots I’ve hit with it also I think 1 or 2 drives that were an F9 PX Yellow shaft

My one block left from the weekend was a too strong grip

Stock flight is my swing Left to Right - I am able to work it Right left when I setup for it though

068bd9d54fd229abf82740fab6838bae.jpg

Best drive of the weekend cut the corner perfectly

I’m really torn on cutting this down to Tour Length but with the accuracy I’ve been having I don’t think I need too especially with the distance improvement over the F9 that I’ve been seeing

Nice write up here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great results! Cant wait to get mine back out. Perfect weather right now. Shocked by the results compared to the F9.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Hey, OldeDude, sounds like we are in the same area of NorCal. I missed the Expo at Haggin Oaks this year, but I did get to try this driver out earlier this week. I'm playing a stock 5 year old Taylormade R1, and this driver felt at least as easy to hit. Getting the fever after reading all these posts! I'm going to get a fitting next week, if the results are good I can see making this my "daily driver."

So I did a testing on the stock shaft and default swing weights. It seemed that it is d2/d3 even for the 50g version..I suspects that I am losing distance and can't dial in as well depending on the condition on my back because of it.

Hence I have spoken to my shaft builder. I am going to switch some of the weights to 6/3 setup. I have change the shaft to the evenflow max carry or the attas in sr to accommodate my swing style and weight. I hope I can gain even more distance afterm
Early results seems positive.

Side note: it seems a lot of the tour edge stock shafts are not weighted equally. For my 7i it was d3, the rest were d4 and even up to d6 shockingly. I am used to swinging c9 to d1.5. Hence I realise the importance of getting a good fitting or speaking to an experience shafter.

I might have one of these with a Nippon Pro Regio shaft pretty soon!

Hey, OldeDude, sounds like we are in the same area of NorCal. I missed the Expo at Haggin Oaks this year, but I did get to try this driver out earlier this week. I'm playing a stock 5 year old Taylormade R1, and this driver felt at least as easy to hit. Getting the fever after reading all these posts! I'm going to get a fitting next week, if the results are good I can see making this my "daily driver."

Yeah, looks like you're over by Darkhorse, I'm south of Hwy 50 (not too far from Apple Mountain), so not neighbors, but same neck of the woods.

I've hit a bunch of new drivers the last few months, and the EXS topped my list. The fitting is a really good idea. First time I hit the EXS was with the stock Tensei Blue 50R shaft, and it was a disaster. I've now hit it with five different shafts, and the stock Tensei Blue in 60R was best for me. Night and day difference from the lighter version of the same shaft. There were a couple of others that I would have liked to try, but now that leaves me some room for tinkering in the future.

Enjoy the fitting, and post up how it goes.

Found one on the bay for a really good deal and jumped on it based on reviews here. I purchased a 10.5 degree, 70 gm Stiff, which maybe a bit much shaft for me. Still hitting indoors now due to weather and family obligations, but seeing a decent mid ball flight. I really need to work to get one in the mid/high to high range, going to try to put the heavier weight in back to see if that helps out.

If not, the shop I frequent has the EXS driver in stock in both R flex and the 60 Stiff, I might try to trade this and a couple other clubs in.

Club really does look smashing, Tour Edge nailed this in the looks department with the blue accent. I can't pinpoint how to describe the sound yet. I wouldn't necessarily say loud, but I am now wearing hearing aids, and I am coming from a Ping G20, which in the loudness department is in a class by itself...

Also, all the photos I've seen do not do the headcover justice. I thought it was kind of ugly looking at it online, but in hand it's much nicer. Love the color scheme with the blue on the side and the sliver "racing stripes" on the back.

I am thinking of getting a new driver and I would to try this one before I purchase anything, but there isn't any place around here that sells Tour Edge driver's. There is a place about 30 minutes from here, but it is a private club and pretty exclusive as well so I doubt I can get in there to demo one. And I just can't justify ordering one without hitting it first.

Found one on the bay for a really good deal and jumped on it based on reviews here. I purchased a 10.5 degree, 70 gm Stiff, which maybe a bit much shaft for me. Still hitting indoors now due to weather and family obligations, but seeing a decent mid ball flight. I really need to work to get one in the mid/high to high range, going to try to put the heavier weight in back to see if that helps out.

If not, the shop I frequent has the EXS driver in stock in both R flex and the 60 Stiff, I might try to trade this and a couple other clubs in.

Club really does look smashing, Tour Edge nailed this in the looks department with the blue accent. I can't pinpoint how to describe the sound yet. I wouldn't necessarily say loud, but I am now wearing hearing aids, and I am coming from a Ping G20, which in the loudness department is in a class by itself...

Also, all the photos I've seen do not do the headcover justice. I thought it was kind of ugly looking at it online, but in hand it's much nicer. Love the color scheme with the blue on the side and the sliver "racing stripes" on the back.

It's really a great driver. Looking forward to your long term thoughts.

So I did a testing on the stock shaft and default swing weights. It seemed that it is d2/d3 even for the 50g version..I suspects that I am losing distance and can't dial in as well depending on the condition on my back because of it.

Hence I have spoken to my shaft builder. I am going to switch some of the weights to 6/3 setup. I have change the shaft to the evenflow max carry or the attas in sr to accommodate my swing style and weight. I hope I can gain even more distance afterm
Early results seems positive.

Side note: it seems a lot of the tour edge stock shafts are not weighted equally. For my 7i it was d3, the rest were d4 and even up to d6 shockingly. I am used to swinging c9 to d1.5. Hence I realise the importance of getting a good fitting or speaking to an experience shafter.

Fitting is important, glad you have a fitter who can dial it in for you, looking forward to your thoughts on the combo that works for you.

I am thinking of getting a new driver and I would to try this one before I purchase anything, but there isn't any place around here that sells Tour Edge driver's. There is a place about 30 minutes from here, but it is a private club and pretty exclusive as well so I doubt I can get in there to demo one. And I just can't justify ordering one without hitting it first.

It's really a great driver, hopefully you can find a combo that works for you.

I'd give the private club a call. I had my irons fit at a local private club despite not being a member, and they treated me wonderfully. The club made money on the equipment, plus they got an opportunity to show off to a potential member. I was so impressed with the experience that I'm considering joining. For the club, that's a win-win.

I'd give the private club a call. I had my irons fit at a local private club despite not being a member, and they treated me wonderfully. The club made money on the equipment, plus they got an opportunity to show off to a potential member. I was so impressed with the experience that I'm considering joining. For the club, that's a win-win.
I might just do that. I really do want v to try it out.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I bet they would honestly

I "Think" Tour Edge has a 30 day Play Guarantee on this club.

"Our 30 Day Play Guarantee!

At Tour Edge we don't just stand behind our merchandise, we want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase.

What is our guarantee?

Very simple, if you are not completely satisfied with your purchase for any reason you may return it to us within 30 days of receipt for a full credit.

Golf clubs purchased under this guarantee may be in any "playable" state. This means you can try the club as much as you like for 30 days and as long as it is not broken or "unplayable" you may return it for a full credit."

I can speak to the fact that TE does honor it, no questions asked and will credit your method of payment.

Back