Tour Edge Exotics EXS Driver Review

Why didn’t you tell me you drove to Ocean Isle - we played Ocean Ridge today...

Last minute deal. Didn't know when the replacement shaft was gonna arrive!

First time hitting the EXS Driver...

Attachments

• IMG_9728.JPG
    IMG_9728.JPG
    881.4 KB · Views: 1
My first thoughts. It's louder than I remember, but that could be due to the range balls. Sounded a lot like the TM R11 driver my friend had. This driver was the straightest driver I have ever hit! I have always struggled with a fade-power fade-slice. I am guessing it's a combination of being fitted for it and it being draw biased producing the straight shots. I lost a couple to the right and actually drew some, but 80% were dead straight. I wound up putting it in the UN/U+ position most. I will probably go back and forth between these until I settle in on one spot. The HZRDUS black was great. Had a Mid ball flight. It didn't feel overly stiff. I could have gone 6.5 if I wanted too. The driving range is uphill and always into the wind so carry/roll is hard to tell. I will say it appeared to be carrying 260+. I am going to the simulator Monday so I hope to be able to get numbers and dial it in! But, I will say the Tour Edge motto is true...Pound for pound....nothing else comes close!

Last edited:
My first thoughts. It's louder than I remember, but that could be due to the range balls.

First time I hit mine was the same reaction, sounded like rifle shots! Left the range and off to the first tee, hitting my gamers it was back to a nice solid sounding driver.

20190602_082332.jpg

I thought of JBC3 when I saw this. This is the straightest driver that I have ever hit.

I hit 4 or 5 drives that carried 270 and were straight as an arrow!

Hit this on the simulator yesterday. I was averaging about 275 carry, 11 degree launch, 2700 rpms. Ball speed was 158-160. I do not remember clubhead speed but its usually around 113. Was pretty straight. I need to keep practicing with it. The Driver has always been my worst club as far as accuracy in the past. I am probably going to switch a 11 gram weight in the back for a 9 gram. It is a D3 like the fairway wood but it feels a touch heavy. Im going to try it and see what happens!

Hitting this driver better than any driver I have ever owned. Averaging 280+ yards and hitting more fairways! I have always struggled with the driver but this one is amazing! And, at $300, a super bargain. I am going to swap out a 11g weight in the back for a 9g weight. I want to lighten it up a touch and add a touch more draw bias. Might put it back in the UN setting and see what I get now.

This driver works for me! Saturday's round, first time out in six weeks, 6 of 7 fairways on the front nine. Got a little loose on the back, but still kept me in play. Had two shots where I had no business staying in play with the strike, but one wound up left rough and I made par, the other was a low screamer that rolled out to 200 yards in the middle.

Just a great club. With a smooth transition and full release on the swing, it just goes like a laser beam right on the target line.

Haven't played in a couple of weeks, but have the weight kit coming, and a new shaft to try. Probably won't play with any of the new stuff for a while though, really happy with the current setup (10.5*, Tensei Blue 60R, Stock weight positions, U/N) after the first two rounds.

My EXS is being repaired under warranty on arguably the nicest golf day of the year to this point, so I dusted off the 9* Exotics XCGV, threw a new grip on her, and took her to my favorite local muni for 18. The experience reminded me that despite all the recent attention, the EXS is not a one-hit wonder. TE has been making darn good drivers for quite some time. The Titanium XCGV has a very different feel and sound than the EXS, but it seems every bit as long. It is not as forgiving as the EXS though. Needless to say I'm anxious to get my baby back. Kudos to TE for standing behind their warranty.

Last edited:
Not bad for 4 swings.

081e9f73c81727b4b2f0700c65f5b382.jpg

Not bad for 4 swings.

081e9f73c81727b4b2f0700c65f5b382.jpg

You didn't clean it after @Canadan hit it on range days?! Guess the injury report needs to be updated! What do you think? I'm extremely happy with mine and the 3 wood might be better than the driver!

You didn't clean it after @Canadan hit it on range days?! Guess the injury report needs to be updated! What do you think? I'm extremely happy with mine and the 3 wood might be better than the driver!

Being hurt is why I only took 4 swings. I have quite a bit of feedback in Range Days, I enjoy the club. It’s not the fastest driver for me, but it’s a solid option and a great price point.

I liked this picture.

WEB2694112-EE0A95C4-9140-0C31-D9A7-E1AC6743054D.jpg

I got one of the US Open UST Proforce V2 Shafts to try in mine, I'll post a picture when I get it put together, just need to decide what grip to put on it.

Really liking the driver as is, but will be trying different shafts, and playing with the weight kit, just because I like to tinker.

Took this back out today after a but of a hiatus as I was committing to my F9 driver setups

1ecbc449c88f76831a87b0f1df9d6bfc.jpg

f75f3bb0124d9bff677d25757fd1590b.jpg

I have to say the forgiveness and consistency of this driver - especially at the $299 price point is fantastic

Sound is different for me, but nothing negative seems louder though

I've got a little LOVE/HATE relationship going with this driver. I love that I can hit this longer than any driver I've gamed in at least 5 years. For a guy 76 who has struggled for years getting it past the 200 yard mark, I very frequently hit this one beyond 250 yards. In that regard, it's definitely a game changer. But, I'm not as consistently in the fairway. I have days where I'll hit 12/14 fairways, and some that I'll hit only half that many. I've struggled with getting the right set up to be able to hit a draw, and my common miss is right because I keep on trying. Very frustrating. Of course, today I hit quacker so far left it was OB--it doesn't pay to try to force it. It's pretty clear that when my swing tempo is good this club excels. So, it's the Indian, not the arrow. Anyway, the LOVE part outweighs the HATE part and there is no way I'm giving up that extra distance. If there are some Seniors out there looking to recapture some those lost yards, I'd recommend you give this one a fair look.

I’m with you on the EXS Driver.
It thru an Epic and a G400 Max out of my bag and I haven’t regretted since.
Anyone on the fence should at least give this one a try. You won’t be sorry!

I've got a little LOVE/HATE relationship going with this driver. I love that I can hit this longer than any driver I've gamed in at least 5 years. For a guy 76 who has struggled for years getting it past the 200 yard mark, I very frequently hit this one beyond 250 yards. In that regard, it's definitely a game changer. But, I'm not as consistently in the fairway. I have days where I'll hit 12/14 fairways, and some that I'll hit only half that many. I've struggled with getting the right set up to be able to hit a draw, and my common miss is right because I keep on trying. Very frustrating. Of course, today I hit quacker so far left it was OB--it doesn't pay to try to force it. It's pretty clear that when my swing tempo is good this club excels. So, it's the Indian, not the arrow. Anyway, the LOVE part outweighs the HATE part and there is no way I'm giving up that extra distance. If there are some Seniors out there looking to recapture some those lost yards, I'd recommend you give this one a fair look.

Hey Ken, I was kind of surprised you're playing the 9.5* head & not 10.5*. Is that typical for you?
I gotta be honest - I love the idea of more distance! I ain't gettin' any younger.

Hey Ken, I was kind of surprised you're playing the 9.5* head & not 10.5*. Is that typical for you?
I gotta be honest - I love the idea of more distance! I ain't gettin' any younger.

Hey buddy. I've always hit my driver very high--well, pretty much everything high. So, I'm not typical. Ping's fitting system actually put me in a 9.0*, and in dry conditions I'd dial that down a bit to get more roll out. So, I ordered the EXS in 9.5* and it's working out okay. I've tried setting it at 8.5*, but it opens the club face and I struggle keeping from going a little right. I've settled on the Upright Neutral setting on the EXS even though I get a pretty high launch with it. Carry distance is still better than my G400 and M1. I love the distance I get on good swings. I've found that it is not quite as forgiving on poor swings--directionally. The ball still travels a long way, but that sometimes gets me into trouble. Haha.

Makes sense. I will eventually grab one of these to play with. Keep hitting them long & straight, man!

It's probably my imagination, but I swear the replacement head sounds different than the original. Performance is still awesome, however. Wrapping up a generally lousy round where I couldn't seem to do anything right, a 335-yard drive on the final hole was almost enough to take the pain away. Almost. The EXS definitely gets the job done when swung properly.

Back