Tour Edge Exotics EXS Driver Review

Great write up!!!! I like the blue on this driver and the fact that the bottom is different looking. I just checked and my local Golf USA has these in stock so might be able to get some swings on this. Very nice stock shafts also.

Yep, that interview makes me want to hit it for sure. One question though, in the photos, it looks to me like the alignment mark on the crown favors the heel or is that just the angle of the shot? Just doesn't look exactly like the center of the clubface to me in the pic.

Sox nailed it, its angle, its tough to nail an address pic sometimes, haha.

Great write up James. Definitely interested in this driver. My only concern personally is the draw bias. I would love to try it out, but that heel weight and my toe miss may not play well together.

Thank you!

I wouldn't fear that, I mean it, it played crazy neutral for me.

And remember, the RollFace is going to help with that toe-hook/draw.

I wouldn't fear that, I mean it, it played crazy neutral for me.

Thats interesting based on what Glod says in the video about it being draw biased and looking at the tech it does appear (where composite is) that it would be in place.

Thats interesting based on what Glod says in the video about it being draw biased and looking at the tech it does appear (where composite is) that it would be in place.

Oh I know, that was one of the things that surprised me, but, the head sets up well neutral and add in the fact that when the heavier weight is placed back, and not heel, I saw neutral all day long.

Was not as draw biased as the 585 for me, if that says anything.

Jman- did you hit the HL3 driver ? I struggle with hooks and couldn’t hit a draw with the HL3 for anything. Just mostly push fades. Might be the first driver I’ve fades in 3 years.

Was curious if the EXS drew more easy for you than the HL3.

Jman- did you hit the HL3 driver ? I struggle with hooks and couldn’t hit a draw with the HL3 for anything. Just mostly push fades. Might be the first driver I’ve fades in 3 years.

Was curious if the EXS drew more easy for you than the HL3.

Never did get to hit that one, sorry dude!

My fitting did not show any draw bias and right to left has been my normal shot shape / miss forever. I was pretty shocked after seeing the head configuration. I think getting it on the course in familiar surroundings next week will be the telltale sign for me. David did include extra weights so I should be able to manipulate the head weighting and any bias if needed.

My fitting did not show any draw bias and right to left has been my normal shot shape / miss forever. I was pretty shocked after seeing the head configuration. I think getting it on the course in familiar surroundings next week will be the telltale sign for me. David did include extra weights so I should be able to manipulate the head weighting and any bias if needed.

Love this. I cannot wait for you to see what you get on the course.

Never did get to hit that one, sorry dude!

No worries.
The HL3 flight surprised me. Then again the HL3 hybrids were the same way. They wanted to fade on me. That’s a first for me too with hybrids. Tried them with the stock shaft and recoils and same deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No worries.
The HL3 flight surprised me. Then again the HL3 hybrids were the same way. They wanted to fade on me. That’s a first for me too with hybrids. Tried them with the stock shaft and recoils and same deal.

I know @Canadan reviewed the HL3 and IIRC he saw similar to you in it wanting to fade. Pretty wild to me still considering the target of that driver.

Tour Edge Exotics EXS Driver Review

My local grass roots shop said these have done surprisingly well. Especially when he fits someone into them and they save $200.

He said Wilson missed the boat on pricing (his opinion) the Cortex. He said based on how it performs it holds up but at $500 they are walking out with a Ping, TM or Cally driver for the same money. He confined to talk about the EXS in that He feels the value proposition of the EXS makes people consider it especially if the fitting shows it performs.

I know @Canadan reviewed the HL3 and IIRC he saw similar to you in it wanting to fade. Pretty wild to me still considering the target of that driver.

Right. I meant to add that about the target audience. Then again they do make an Offset HL3 version driver head and I did draw .... Errrr Hook that with ease lol There was no in between though. It was hooks (Offset) and Fades with the std head.

I'm still baffled by it. Wondering if it's more face angle (and my autocorrects) over anything else, or weighting... Baffled.

I'm still baffled by it. Wondering if it's more face angle (and my autocorrects) over anything else, or weighting... Baffled.

I don't know dude, the feedback on that one everywhere has been spot on with what you saw. I remember us discussing it and me calling you a liar at first lol

Love this. I cannot wait for you to see what you get on the course.

Me too! Especially considering my Epic struggles the last few months.

The lower 2000s spin with the 9.5* head and a high launching, mid to high spin shaft (Tensei Red) we saw in the fitting was shocking to me. That combo brought both the spin down and carry up over much lower spinning shafts with the 10.5* head. I also have a LA Golf White Tie that is just waiting for a Tour Edge adapter that I am excited to try in this head also.

I haven’t hit the EXS yet but if they offered the HL3 in 12* non Offset I’d probably consider it. Not the best sounding but the fact I struggled to turn it over I probably could have found a shaft that helped in that regard. Much rather play a long slight push or straight flight than fighting the snap hook.

I wish the online reviewers or golf sites would measure driver face angles.

I think the primary reason the M3 works for me is the face seems more open than any other driver I’ve tried.

THe last page I read as "So you're saying THP has been right all along about draw bias not causing hooks for most"? Weird. :act-up:

I'm not even going to hide it, I kind of want this club, just so I can be hippsterish and play a driver most people will never hear about.

I wish the online reviewers or golf sites would measure driver face angles.

I think the primary reason the M3 works for me is the face seems more open than any other driver I’ve tried.

Hey, you want to buy me the tools, I'm all in!

I'm not even going to hide it, I kind of want this club, just so I can be hippsterish and play a driver most people will never hear about.

You're a Hipster already, how much more Hiperstish do you want to be?
Can the world handle a Hipper blugold?

Love that you all enjoyed the review, the driver honestly deserves the looks!

Hey, you want to buy me the tools, I'm all in!

If only I was made of money lol
Golfworks is having a 20% off all tools sale right now.

You're a Hipster already, how much more Hiperstish do you want to be?
Can the world handle a Hipper blugold?
I couldn't handle a hipster blugold...hahah

Great review Jman and solid numbers with your winter swing. It doesn't seem you can go wrong with this one.

Back