Tour Edge Exotics EXS Driver Review

Just checked this out on Budget Golf, with the THP discount it is a great price, stock shafts only but that would be fine with me.

Local golf shop was having their big liquidation sale and had the EXS driver priced at $249. Very tempting.

Cannot tell you all enough how much we writers appreciate feedback like is in this thread, it makes it all even more fun and rewarding! SO pumped you're enjoying the article!

Received my custom order driver. Hzdus Red 6.0 shaft. This driver is worth more than the $299 price. Best driver deal on the planet. Carrying 220 yds and another 15 yds run out. The Hzdus shaft pairs wonderfully with this head.

Received my custom order driver. Hzdus Red 6.0 shaft. This driver is worth more than the $299 price. Best driver deal on the planet. Carrying 220 yds and another 15 yds run out. The Hzdus shaft pairs wonderfully with this head.

Awesome! I just called around and no one locally has anything more than the R and S stock shaft. I generally prefer an X and something more stout than the tensei. Might just have to roll the dice with a hzrdus... now should I go black or yellow?

Awesome! I just called around and no one locally has anything more than the R and S stock shaft. I generally prefer an X and something more stout than the tensei. Might just have to roll the dice with a hzrdus... now should I go black or yellow?

Noticed at Carls Golfland if you use customize there are some Xstiff options

Noticed at Carls Golfland if you use customize there are some Xstiff options

Same with TGW.com

Saw the ladies head is only 10.5. Bummer TEE doesn’t offer this head in 12 or 13.5 for us people that need extra loft. I understand it’s adjustable but adding loft to the 10.5 is just going to skim the face shut which is a no go for me.

Same with TGW.com

Saw the ladies head is only 10.5. Bummer TEE doesn’t offer this head in 12 or 13.5 for us people that need extra loft. I understand it’s adjustable but adding loft to the 10.5 is just going to skim the face shut which is a no go for me.

It’s about sales and demand, high loft heads don’t have the demand, much like CS putters. It just financially doesn’t make sense for/to a lot of these companies.

It’s about sales and demand, high loft heads don’t have the demand, much like CS putters. It just financially doesn’t make sense for/to a lot of these companies.

I get that it costs more money to produce a third head but their budget friendly HL3 model comes in 9 and 10.5 normal head and 10.5, 12 and 13.5 in Offset. So they didn’t cut corners there.

You’d think their flagship model would offer at least one HL option.

Then again to your point I’m sure their Finance Dept ran the numbers and perhaps it wasn’t viable to produce about loft option.

10.5 degrees is slightly open at neutral setting. Going up to 11.5 degrees brings the face back to square.

I've been wanting to try this one with some of the optional 60R shafts since the release, but the only place anywhere near me that has it, Haggin Oaks, just has the stock 50R, and 60S shafts, which I have hit (and commented on in another thread).

Got a call from Tour Edge's Sales Manager yesterday, and had a very interesting and informative conversation. He said that Haggin wanted to go from release through January with just the stock shafts to see how well sales went, what type of golfers were interested, etc. Evidently they are doing GREAT, selling like crazy, and to a wide variety of golfers! He said Haggin will likely be getting the optional shafts in early February, and asked me to hang in there, that it would be worth it. My impression from talking to him is that not only is Tour Edge really exited about this release, but the driver is exceeding their expectations.

I'll be calling him back in late January to get more details on timing, I think it will be worth waiting for, although patience isn't one of my strong points.

Has anybody compared this head-to-head (pun intended) with the EX10? I have an Ex10 I put together on the cheap that I quite like, but am considering something new and the EXS is definitely a contender. None of the stores around here carry them that I'm aware of, so any thoughts would be appreciated.

Nice review! I really hope this one does well. Hands down the best bang for buck right now.

Has anybody compared this head-to-head (pun intended) with the EX10? I have an Ex10 I put together on the cheap that I quite like, but am considering something new and the EXS is definitely a contender. None of the stores around here carry them that I'm aware of, so any thoughts would be appreciated.

I reviewed the EX10 for THP as well, this is a legit jump from that one. The EX10 put them on the right path, I even said that in the article, but this puts them toe to toe with anything else out there imo.

I really wish the EXS was in more shops to demo. I live in Raleigh, NC, which is not a small town and there is no where to demo it unless I went to Club Champion for a fitting, which is probably what I should be doing anyway.

Tempted to just get this driver without swinging, just sounds great.

UPS is delivering my driver today so hope to get it out on the course for the first time tomorrow!

Well, I went and hit this driver again tonight and had less than stellar results. It was 100% a swing issue though as I didn't hit any driver I tried well.

The club still felt "good". I don't know how to explain it, it just felt great in my hands.

The tensei blue is not a match though. Maybe in X but not in stiff. Leaning towards going with the tensei white in X if I go with this driver (which is likely). Just wish I could try that set up first...

How’d it go?
It didn't yesterday. Weather forecast was wrong and it never got above the mid 40's with no sun. Far too cold for me. Hopefully today will be better.

Well, I went and hit this driver again tonight and had less than stellar results. It was 100% a swing issue though as I didn't hit any driver I tried well.

The club still felt "good". I don't know how to explain it, it just felt great in my hands.

The tensei blue is not a match though. Maybe in X but not in stiff. Leaning towards going with the tensei white in X if I go with this driver (which is likely). Just wish I could try that set up first...

What were you seeing that made it not a good setup with the blue?

What were you seeing that made it not a good setup with the blue?

It has to do more with my swing. I was fit into an evenflow white X in another driver, so in general I need a pretty stout set up.

Any idea how the tensei white compares to the blue?

It has to do more with my swing. I was fit into an evenflow white X in another driver, so in general I need a pretty stout set up.

Any idea how the tensei white compares to the blue?

You'll see a little more launch and spin for sure, and IMO a more active feeling.

I was just curious what you were basing it off of, if you saw some numbers that pushed it that way or something.

I just love the convo!

You'll see a little more launch and spin for sure, and IMO a more active feeling.

I was just curious what you were basing it off of, if you saw some numbers that pushed it that way or something.

I just love the convo!

No, I get it. Club fitting fascinates me!

Set ups that should be perfect may not work at all, while shafts that should be terrible for one's profile can somehow generate terrific numbers. There is some kind of alchemy involved for sure! :)

So to be clear, you are saying the Tensei white will be more active? I thought the blue would be...

And yes, with the blue in a stiff flex I saw a bit too much movement (r to L) and too much spin/height. I would assume that an X flex would knock both of those down a little bit but I am thinking I need more of a low/low set up. (lowering the loft should help too).

Back