Tour Edge Exotics EXS Fairway Woods and Hybrids

Just took it off their website... so maybe there is a lack of congruency.

It's the best looking hybrid out there, imho. If it's a bit more compact heel to toe, that won't hurt. I think the EX10 and the PXG are the most handsome hybrids out there that I've seen. Played both. The EXS looks great.

Here is some copy off the website:

The more compact design of the EXS hybrid head features premium exotic metals; a Japanese HT980 steel cup face. The hyper-strength strength steel is quench-hardened, a special heating technique that takes 750 degrees to provide an extreme amount of strength while allowing for a thinner face. This cup face design allowed for Tour Edge to make the face thinner than in any previous model for a greater energy transfer.

The high-performance hexagonal Variable Face Thickness (VFT) offers multiple levels of thickness that maximize forgiveness from more points on the face, especially in the heel and toe areas.

The CG location of the EXS is positioned closer to the face for less spin, creating a trajectory that fights wind and increases roll.

The aerodynamics in the EXS hybrid are greatly enhanced by new and improved wider SlipStream speed channels on the sole that create a faster clubhead speed through smoother turf interaction.

The 4-gram sole weight can be adjusted to another weight to increase swing weight in the club and to further reduce spin. Additional weight screws can be purchased as an EXS hybrid weight kit that includes 7-gram and 10-gram weights.

An ultra-premium Tensei CK Blue 2G shaft series by Mitsubishi Chemical is the chosen stock shaft for the EXS hybrid. Extremely light yet extremely stable throughout, the Tensei Blue CK features advanced materials like Carbon Fiber and Kevlar mixed with other lightweight materials that weigh in the 60-80 gram range depending on flex.

Oh I’ve read the info on their website many times, and the info in the article linked on the original post as well.

The more I read, the more the 25* calls to me. HIGH flight and launch? Yes please.

Yeah, I think TEE is catering to a specific demographic with this release. You may not fit into it, but I think either with this, the EX10 Beta or CBX you'll be just fine. I really look forward to your fitting - think it's going to be a blast for you

Thank you sir. I am really excited about it. I have been very smitten with everything I have seen about the CBX line of FWs and hybrids. The driver from this line is what I was really hoping to fall in love with.

Don't forget the CBX line of irons. Guys were gushing over them last weekend and 2/3 sets got picked. The CBX Forged may be very good for you. Tons of great options

Oh, I haven't. Very intrigued with the iron-woods or possibly a combo of those and the forged. The CBX wedges look and sound sweet as well.

Interesting how Sox Fan Fitting turned out....obedt called it a month ago....

Last edited:
Interesting how Sox Fan Fitting turned out....obedt called a month ago....
I was actually thinking a combo set it what I would end of with. The Iron-Woods just didn't perform well for me.

I'm hoping I found my unicorn I got my today, I hit it in my home net and it felt really really good, but so did the ex10 and cbx, I loved both ex10 and cbx just a little low spin made me sell them the cbx felt the best outside testing not sure about the exs yet but inside it feels very hot, the headcover is sweet but I'm a Duke fan lol
0574a0b0d6080e5e6d8c5a0393a8d3bc.jpg
3e037b50b5d12b96e914ea7fc5e130c0.jpg
08a0aa9e3183fdcfb89c883ae5ed755b.jpg
93f9ca3850e0339d122225b0c0b15732.jpg
17a1068e1ef4af61c97c8d538484acd3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

CONSTANTLY eyeing the 3W and 3HY in these while thinking about the direction I want to go with my 2019 "Gamer" setup.

If I go with the TEE EXS Driver and 15* FW, which it's looking like I am, what do I do about a 19* hybrid? My iron set up will be Hogan Ft. Worth 15s 23*(4i) to 47*(pw). My wedges are 51*, 55*, 59* TK15s. I am thinking about replacing the 4 & 5 irons with 23* & 27* VKTR hybrids. I demoed the VKTR hybrids and was blown away buy how easy it was to hit from a tee, fairway, divot, rough! I was mashing the 20* 220 yards uphill into the wind. I liked that I could swing these hybrids like my irons. So, would I follow suit with my woods and go TEE EXS 19* hybrid or buy a 19*'VKTR and keep them the same? I am planning to have the hybrids cut down to the incremental iron lengths they replace and then having my whole set MOI matched, dynamically balanced, COG shaft aligned, etc. Well, hybrids matched, 4-gw matched, sw/lw matched. Depending on results with the 31*(6i), might get a FTW15 Hi to replace it. How many guys under 40...heck under 50, would carry 3 hybrids?

If I go with the TEE EXS Driver and 15* FW, which it's looking like I am, what do I do about a 19* hybrid? My iron set up will be Hogan Ft. Worth 15s 23*(4i) to 47*(pw). My wedges are 51*, 55*, 59* TK15s. I am thinking about replacing the 4 & 5 irons with 23* & 27* VKTR hybrids. I demoed the VKTR hybrids and was blown away buy how easy it was to hit from a tee, fairway, divot, rough! I was mashing the 20* 220 yards uphill into the wind. I liked that I could swing these hybrids like my irons. So, would I follow suit with my woods and go TEE EXS 19* hybrid or buy a 19*'VKTR and keep them the same? I am planning to have the hybrids cut down to the incremental iron lengths they replace and then having my whole set MOI matched, dynamically balanced, COG shaft aligned, etc. Well, hybrids matched, 4-gw matched, sw/lw matched. Depending on results with the 31*(6i), might get a FTW15 Hi to replace it. How many guys under 40...heck under 50, would carry 3 hybrids?

I've done it. If it works, it works. To hell with the haters.

I've done it. If it works, it works. To hell with the haters.

If you were in my place, would you rather have the EXS hybrid that matched your woods or a VKTR hybrid that would match your other hybrids?

If you were in my place, would you rather have the EXS hybrid that matched your woods or a VKTR hybrid that would match your other hybrids?

I would be all about the distance gap and what is most consistent for me. Mixing hybo's hasn't really ever bothered me.

Pondering adding a 3H to the bag myself. If it fits your gaps, go for it.

If the EXS hybrids are as good as the EX10, you've got a great looking stick - one of the better designed hybrids I've played.

Just a heads up, while hitting the EXS Driver today, the guy working the shop is a local college player. He said he has the 15* FW and loves it, but he doesn't play it much because he hits it too far! Messes up his yardage gaps between his driver and his 5 wood/driving iron. Sounds like a good problem to have! Depending on yardage, people might have to consider the 17* instead of the 15*. Also, don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure the 17* FW on the rack, had the number 4 on it and not 3?!

Just a heads up, while hitting the EXS Driver today, the guy working the shop is a local college player. He said he has the 15* FW and loves it, but he doesn't play it much because he hits it too far! Messes up his yardage gaps between his driver and his 5 wood/driving iron. Sounds like a good problem to have! Depending on yardage, people might have to consider the 17* instead of the 15*. Also, don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure the 17* FW on the rack, had the number 4 on it and not 3?!

17 degree is usually a 4w so that would make sense, but I know on the site they’ve got it as a 3, might just be a mistake on the site.

Tour Edge has always been at the forefront of long fairways. Owning the E110 Beta and CBX, I fully expect this one to be long as well, though feedback is it launches a decent bit higher than the CBX and spins more as well. Both things I need.

Unfortunately I got the 3 wood and it was good until the 4th seeing and the shaft broke,I sent it back and it came back with a big scratch on the head and marks on the shaft, so i sent it back for a refund, it was great but it wasn't any longer than many I tired I had high hopes on it being a fairway finder,I may pick another one up this spring

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

17 degree is usually a 4w so that would make sense, but I know on the site they’ve got it as a 3, might just be a mistake on the site.

Tour Edge has always been at the forefront of long fairways. Owning the E110 Beta and CBX, I fully expect this one to be long as well, though feedback is it launches a decent bit higher than the CBX and spins more as well. Both things I need.

It did both of those thing at my fitting. The CBX FWs and hybrid were a better fit for me than their EXS counterparts.

It did both of those thing at my fitting. The CBX FWs and hybrid were a better fit for me than their EXS counterparts.

Not surprised, you don’t need spin like some of us hahaha

Not surprised, you don’t need spin like some of us hahaha

Yeah, I generate enough with my crappy swing....lol. There wasn't a lot of performance difference between the two lines for me but liked the feel off the CBX faces much better. Felt faster and more powerful. Certainly could have had good success with the EXS also.

Yeah, I generate enough with my crappy swing....lol. There wasn't a lot of performance difference between the two lines for me but liked the feel off the CBX faces much better. Felt faster and more powerful. Certainly could have had good success with the EXS also.

I know exactly what you mean about the feel of the CBX, they’re pretty amazing.

[video=youtube;Leq1bJy-F2I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Leq1bJy-F2I[/video]

I am in a hybrid dilemma at the moment. Actually im in a dilemma in that spot in my bag really but if my current gamer gets replaced this will be the front runner to take its place.

I feel really good about my bag heading into 2019, but the one spot I do not feel settled on is hybrid(s)/utility. I have a Big Bertha 3H headed my way as a secondary tee option and HW replacement from time to time, but the 4H slot is the primary ponder. So many clubs come in and out of that spot, and I'd love to give the EXS a shot. $170 on Budget is a great price too.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Are there reviews in the works for these? 5 wood or lower lofted hybrid might be calling my name.

Are there reviews in the works for these? 5 wood or lower lofted hybrid might be calling my name.

Check the very first post in this thread.

Back