Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro Blade Wedges

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Tour Edge is known for a number of different things including incredible metal woods that are priced lower than they should be. Rarely are their wedges mentioned, and perhaps this latest release changes that a bit.

When I first learned about the EXS Pro Blade Wedge, I asked why? Crowded market place, limited opportunities, and I was stopped there.

“This is for the shot maker”, explained Tour Edge Founder and Master Club Designer David Glod. “When it comes to pure wedges and ball striking, it doesn’t get any better than this”, he continued.

1-9-1024x692.jpg

Forged from Japanese S25C carbon steel, the wedge is designed to feel soft. Very soft in fact, and at impact the EXS Pro wedge offers a dense, full sound that translates to soft really well. Vibration feedback is elongated, in a good way, meaning you know where you hit the ball, but it lacks that harsh aspect on most strikes.

The...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Those look really well done. Soft is a great feeling in a wedge but more importantly spin is key and the idea of lower launch with increased spin sounds fantastic

Great concept using the materials they did in the Japanese S25C carbon steel.. great to Mill out the back for performance in center of gravity.

How clean would you they be without the badges in that milled section. Wonder if they are removed easily?

Also is this part of limited release pro line? Wedges as you said are very dense competition. Especially with two new releases by the big companies and there being no price break on these.

• Admin
Great concept using the materials they did in the Japanese S25C carbon steel.. great to Mill out the back for performance in center of gravity.

How clean would you they be without the badges in that milled section. Wonder if they are removed easily?

Also is this part of limited release pro line? Wedges as you said are very dense competition. Especially with two new releases by the big companies and there being no price break on these.
This is part of the Limited EXS Pro lineup.
A bit different with this being that there are not a ton of mainstream companies still forging their wedges. There are golfers that look for that manufacturing process and being part of their "Tour Van Release" it is quite limited.

This is part of the Limited EXS Pro lineup.
A bit different with this being that there are not a ton of mainstream companies still forging their wedges. There are golfers that look for that manufacturing process and being part of their "Tour Van Release" it is quite limited.
Are they then soft like the Scratch wedges from a few years ago? Probably softer based on material?

• Admin
Are they then soft like the Scratch wedges from a few years ago? Probably softer based on material?

I think that is going to be a bit subjective. It has a very nice impact sound that feels full and rich if that makes sense.

Normally when we talk about shot making we think full swings and things like shaping shots or consistency of impact. The review understandably covers normal wedge stuff - grinds, grooves, versatility, etc. Are those the things the designer was talking about when he said shot making? Or are the wedges particularly good on full swing shots, too?

I enjoy your reviews. No BS, and not a hint of favortism. I aslo like the sound of this wedge. And it is pretty although I could live without the blue color. Certainly not a deal killer. Any major glare issues.

I relooked the blue is minimal. Need more coffee.

• Admin
Normally when we talk about shot making we think full swings and things like shaping shots or consistency of impact. The review understandably covers normal wedge stuff - grinds, grooves, versatility, etc. Are those the things the designer was talking about when he said shot making? Or are the wedges particularly good on full swing shots, too?

Genuinely I think its a combination of both. The ability to shape shots will be user dependent obviously, but I can tell you in my limited time that flighting and hitting different windows offered little concern. I have become partial to a knockdown shot with wedges and this handled that beautifully with some ball placement manipulation and a sawed off finish. Interesting part was one of the greens I was testing on is sloped back to front and the first knockdown I hit with it, landed about pin high and walked the dog back about 40 feet based on ball mark.

To answer your question, shot making control will be universal by design. That doesn't mean forgiveness of course, but pure control will be there.

The back looks a little nascar busy, but overall shape looks like a nice wedge indeed.

Nice looking wedge. For the shot maker? That's not me at all:ROFLMAO: Love the warranty though(y)

The back looks a little nascar busy, but overall shape looks like a nice wedge indeed.

When I first looked, that was a thought of someone in the office. Yet when you look at all of the other wedge manufacturers, its very similar in amount of verbiage/logos.

I note the price matches that of another OEM’s very recent release and that OEM is kind of known for their wedges. This wedge tells enough of a story to justify its price. I wonder if TEE can move product if they aren’t discounted compared to the big boys like they did with their very successful driver.

Great write up! Tour Edge posted some in hand photos a couple days ago and I wasn’t impressed with the overall look. The pictures in the review look great! I wonder if any TE staffers will put this in their bag?

Nice write-up, sounds like Tour Edge came up with another good, well thought out product here. I've always been a big Tour Edge supporter, but I think I'll be sticking with Cleveland for my wedges, at least for the immediate future. :confused2:

Last edited:
Great write up! Tour Edge posted some in hand photos a couple days ago and I wasn’t impressed with the overall look. The pictures in the review look great! I wonder if any TE staffers will put this in their bag?

Well I am glad mine helped. In hand it looks very good.

I like the shiney aspect of it. I know some dont like the "glare" but I love it. Would love to get one of these in hand

Eh, not a needle mover for me.

Would be interesting to hear some feedback from some golfers

I think they look good enough. Be interesting to see if the promises of soft feel and spin come into fruition though. Many say that, but few actually do in my opinion.

I'm a huge fan of TEE and these look awesome! Kind of reminds me of my Mizuno wedges currently in the bag.

I think they look good enough. Be interesting to see if the promises of soft feel and spin come into fruition though. Many say that, but few actually do in my opinion.
This one feels pretty soft to me. Offers a very full and almost muted sound.

Like the tech built into these and the shape. The only issue, for me, I see in the pictures is the glare that would probably come off the polished chrome on the toe and heel. The CBx wedges were very good but that was the issue I had with those.

These continue to be of interest. Featured on the IG page. They look phenomenal and seem to have crisp offerings. Nice work Tour Edge!

Back