Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro Driver

@Jman .....I'm lefty and this PRO model doesn't come for us southpaws.....how does the Epic Flash sub zero match up with EXS Pro? Both compact, low spin, slide track.....

@Jman .....I'm lefty and this PRO model doesn't come for us southpaws.....how does the Epic Flash sub zero match up with EXS Pro? Both compact, low spin, slide track.....
Eh, the Flash SZ was ok for me, not as low spin as I expected honestly, other than the sound it had a lot of potential, but the sound killed it for me. I know many here disagree with that though. Sound and feel wise? This one takes the cake, and speed wise is as good as I’ve hit.

Eh, the Flash SZ was ok for me, not as low spin as I expected honestly, other than the sound it had a lot of potential, but the sound killed it for me. I know many here disagree with that though. Sound and feel wise? This one takes the cake, and speed wise is as good as I’ve hit.

Thanks, oh I had issues with sound also but I think weight tracks make more sense for me as a tinkerer......think M5.....but again portsider so the lovely EXS Pro , PXG Gen 3 proto and a few others aren't available.

Glad you're back to swinging well and finding "the one" .....at least for the moment! 😉😉😉

Hopefully I can get a grouping of the Pro with three different shafts today, just so people can see something a little different.

1) My custom PX design
2) Kinetixx Launch
3) Kinetixx Velocity

Hopefully I can get a grouping of the Pro with three different shafts today, just so people can see something a little different.

1) My custom PX design
2) Kinetixx Launch
3) Kinetixx Velocity

Did you just add the Velocity?
I thought you were working with Launch and Ballistic?

Did you just add the Velocity?
I thought you were working with Launch and Ballistic?
Ugh. You’re correct, I’m without caffeine and I think my mind was trying to make it true, haha.

Ballistic and Launch!

Ugh. You’re correct, I’m without caffeine and I think my mind was trying to make it true, haha.

Ballistic and Launch!

I'm a fan of both of those, so looking forward to how they fare.

I'm a fan of both of those, so looking forward to how they fare.
The kick that they have is wild. The feel is just so different from other driver shafts I’ve hit, if imagine the velocity is similar?

The kick that they have is wild. The feel is just so different from other driver shafts I’ve hit, if imagine the velocity is similar?

Not enough time for me with those to compare to Velocity, but to me they play a tiny bit stiff to flex, but not in a feel perspective, if that makes sense.

Not enough time for me with those to compare to Velocity, but to me they play a tiny bit stiff to flex, but not in a feel perspective, if that makes sense.
Makes perfect sense, and according to Paderson the harder they’re swung, the more they tighten up CPM wise which is wild with the whole kinetic thing.

Forgot my ipad, so big session will have to wait. But this was first swing with the Ballistic set to 9.5

FADBC373-5173-4782-9D14-CF82843F047A.jpeg

Another round today, and man, this is just 440cc of MEAN.

Straight🔥

Also, TE put up a video of Petrovic hitting it, with sound, and he’s putting it into play in July for the Tour Champions events

I know some are likely tired of hearing me rave about this one, so if you are one of those, turn away now. :p

Another day, another realization that something a year ago I wouldn't have had the guts to try setup and design wise, just really does some great things for me.

The 440cc look is just killer, though it doesn't feel 440cc.

The lower and more forward CG as well as the deep face makes it 100% a spin killer of a head. I can't tell you the last time I have hit a driver with 12-13 degrees of launch but spin in the realm I am seeing. Had one today, 13.2 launch, 1884 RPM, and 163 ball speed...in case you are wondering, it went a LONG way.

On some misses I have seen the knuckler, catching it high toe you know it by the flight I am seeing, but directionally I'm not seeing the massive snap I expect in that miss, and distance wise the loss is acceptable, and honestly, still in the realm I was hitting some of the other drivers I tried this year which I couldn't get below 2800-3100 RPM. Understand though, thats a fit thing more than anything as I have seen many golfers hit those same heads at just killer good numbers. For me right now though? This is the voodoo I need.

It doesn't hurt either that the sound is freaking addicting and head turning, in a positive way.

I'm going to write my piece on it, but I have no issue right now calling it that the youtube talking heads are going to rave about this one as well, just remember when they do, I TOLD YOU SO FIRST. ;)

Going to do a 220 vs Pro rundown video with some of the data I have taken earlier, but a rundown of the differences in the heads in more detail tech wise as well. Hope to start working on that by weeks end!

If you have questions, comments, musings, pessimism's, superlatives, whatever....lay them on me in here and lets talk shop!

Diamond Face Technology vs Flash Face AI with Jailbreak....who ya got?!

Diamond Face Technology vs Flash Face AI with Jailbreak....who ya got?!
Different beasts even if they sound similar on the outside. TE does use a computer for the design and feedback, but it’s not the same level of crazy (in a good way) as the Callaway AI designs.

I think it’s better than a lot of face designs, but I don’t know that it’s the best, and right now Callaway has the best there.

For me the bigger part is it creates a lot of speed, and the ball has stayed reasonably in play.

Packing the GC2 and the iPad today, have to coach some HS kiddos first, so I hope to get in a session after if I’m not pulling my hair out by then.

I’m also curious to see how many of their Tour Champions staff end up gaming this one, I’m betting most, this is the real deal.

I’m also curious to see how many of their Tour Champions staff end up gaming this one, I’m betting most, this is the real deal.
I’ll be interested too. Their guys always seem to pose with the clubs for brochures yet never end up gaming them other than maybe a random fairway wood, hybrid or utility iron.

I’ll be interested too. Their guys always seem to pose with the clubs for brochures yet never end up gaming them other than maybe a random fairway wood, hybrid or utility iron.
They have actually had a LOT of fairway hybrid and utilities out on that tour, including a lot of non sponsored players. I know the EXS got played by two out there, but the sound was an issue for some of them, and rightfully so. With the pro lineup we are going to see a lot of clubs in their players bags now, Petrovic is rolling with 11 already.

I know some are likely tired of hearing me rave about this one, so if you are one of those, turn away now. :p

Another day, another realization that something a year ago I wouldn't have had the guts to try setup and design wise, just really does some great things for me.

The 440cc look is just killer, though it doesn't feel 440cc.

The lower and more forward CG as well as the deep face makes it 100% a spin killer of a head. I can't tell you the last time I have hit a driver with 12-13 degrees of launch but spin in the realm I am seeing. Had one today, 13.2 launch, 1884 RPM, and 163 ball speed...in case you are wondering, it went a LONG way.

On some misses I have seen the knuckler, catching it high toe you know it by the flight I am seeing, but directionally I'm not seeing the massive snap I expect in that miss, and distance wise the loss is acceptable, and honestly, still in the realm I was hitting some of the other drivers I tried this year which I couldn't get below 2800-3100 RPM. Understand though, thats a fit thing more than anything as I have seen many golfers hit those same heads at just killer good numbers. For me right now though? This is the voodoo I need.

It doesn't hurt either that the sound is freaking addicting and head turning, in a positive way.

I'm going to write my piece on it, but I have no issue right now calling it that the youtube talking heads are going to rave about this one as well, just remember when they do, I TOLD YOU SO FIRST. ;)

Going to do a 220 vs Pro rundown video with some of the data I have taken earlier, but a rundown of the differences in the heads in more detail tech wise as well. Hope to start working on that by weeks end!

If you have questions, comments, musings, pessimism's, superlatives, whatever....lay them on me in here and lets talk shop!

I’d like to pick your brain a little on the driver. You went from the 410 LST (which is what I’m currently gaming) to the pro. What advantages did you see over the Ping that made you switch? I know you had a lot of others contend and fail at kicking the Ping out of the bag, what was different about this one?

Pro Fairways?

Similar to EX10 Beta? or more demanding. Could a slower speed player bag the 5 wd in a 5-10 capper version with the right shaft.

Pro Fairways?

Similar to EX10 Beta? or more demanding. Could a slower speed player bag the 5 wd in a 5-10 capper version with the right shaft.
I’m pondering one hard (pro 5w) but I’ll be real, at a lower SS would the lower spin be beneficial or detrimental? Ya know?

I’d like to pick your brain a little on the driver. You went from the 410 LST (which is what I’m currently gaming) to the pro. What advantages did you see over the Ping that made you switch? I know you had a lot of others contend and fail at kicking the Ping out of the bag, what was different about this one?
I’m going to circle back to this as soon as I’m home!

I’m pondering one hard (pro 5w) but I’ll be real, at a lower SS would the lower spin be beneficial or detrimental? Ya know?

For me, no. Noticed they carried R flex shafts but at mid spin, mid launch, would not work for me.

For me, no. Noticed they carried R flex shafts but at mid spin, mid launch, would not work for me.
I just don’t know then what you’d possibly gain over the standard 220, which is a rocket itself, ya know?

Back