Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro Hybrid

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I realize we have a thread with the full metal woods line, but thought we should start one here as we just sent 4 of them out to THP forum members for review. They will be sharing their thoughts in here, so if you have any questions, ask away.

Kicking us off here so that people get my before take on this club...

Big News from TEEm Tour Edge - The TEEm just placed orders for the Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro Hybrid.

Mine will come in the 19* Loft and be paired with a HZRDUS Smoke Black. Interested to try to the shaft as I love the feel and launch of the Smoke Yellow, so wanted to see similar results in a hybrid type shaft. A lot of reading on the improvements compared to the "regular" Black version released previously.

Initial Thoughts -
The profile of the head is on the smaller side, but seems to match the profile of a similar hybrids including Callaway Apex and even older (the one in my bag) Adams Pro 12 hybrid. The shaft profile will produce a low launch low spin with a low spinning head. Not sure where that puts me on the combination, but like I said I wanted to try.

A few have commented on the club including @Jman and @Nate<80 indicating that the EXS 220 was a launcher and this should be seen in the pro version. The weights seem to be of interest with initial setup producing an anti left club. This is often my miss on hybrid that I currently using. so excited to see that and produce a fade as well as move weights to initiate a draw bias.

Current hybrid is about my 210/215 club so that is where I am at currently.

Mine will be a 17° hybrid as I do not have a 2 and wanted to try something different. My swing speed is a modest 92mph, so it will be interesting to see how the PRO performs for me. I hit a 3 wood about 200 yards, and a 4 hybrid about 175 yards, so I am anxious to see where this one will line up. I am guessing about 190 yards? Something to hit a long way out of the deep rough will be nice, and I find myself there almost every round LOL.

Looking forward to the feedback and photos!

They need an LH in this model.

The pro line has me so intrigued! Can’t wait to hear what you guys have to say!

Looking forward to reading the reviews, I'm pretty interested in both this and the fairway's.

Mine will be a 17° hybrid as I do not have a 2 and wanted to try something different. My swing speed is a modest 92mph, so it will be interesting to see how the PRO performs for me. I hit a 3 wood about 200 yards, and a 4 hybrid about 175 yards, so I am anxious to see where this one will line up. I am guessing about 190 yards? Something to hit a long way out of the deep rough will be nice, and I find myself there almost every round LOL.

I think this will get you that 190 and maybe a little extra when you really hit it well. I have found myself matching my 3 wood distance sometimes with my EXS 220 #2.

I think this will get you that 190 and maybe a little extra when you really hit it well. I have found myself matching my 3 wood distance sometimes with my EXS 220 #2.
Good to know. Now I am really intrigued.

Sooo hit my 19* Adams A12 tonight, not sure when the new one will be coming. Left hook over draw is the routine with this thing...hearing anti left is awesome! Cannot wait.

looked up the photos on TE web site again... definitely the look / profile i want in a hybrid(y)

I carry a 2H and have been considering a newer model as mine has some years on it.
Curious to see how folks feel about this one as this thread plays out a bit.

I carry a 2H and have been considering a newer model as mine has some years on it.
Curious to see how folks feel about this one as this thread plays out a bit.
I will definitely be providing initial feelings once in hand! Should be a winner!

I will admit testing this one has me a bit apprehensive as I need high launch and spin in hybrids to keep them in air (usually hit my 26* hybrid about 168 carry and my 23* hybrid about 175 carry). I ordered the 22* with Tensei Silver R flex. Also I tend to like my hybrids on the larger side. My current Xrails are around 130cc I think. So these being 110ish should be interesting.

I too can struggle with hooking hybrids so the moveable weights should be great here. More to come once it comes in.

Looking forward to the reviews on these. My hybrids are a TEE EX9 Tour 20*, and a CBX 119 16* that just arrived today (going to see if it can replace my 17* Fairway). I prefer the smaller size of TEE's Tour/Pro series hybrids, so these should be somewhat similar to what I have.

Any updates on these?

Any updates on these?
As part of TEEm Tour Edge this is the next club we’re getting to test. However no shipping notice yet. 😞

I’ll be interested to read the reviews on this. I love the shallow depth and the large face height on this as potentially an off-the-tee club.

I will admit testing this one has me a bit apprehensive as I need high launch and spin in hybrids to keep them in air (usually hit my 26* hybrid about 168 carry and my 23* hybrid about 175 carry). I ordered the 22* with Tensei Silver R flex. Also I tend to like my hybrids on the larger side. My current Xrails are around 130cc I think. So these being 110ish should be interesting.

I too can struggle with hooking hybrids so the moveable weights should be great here. More to come once it comes in.
As another R flex user I'm interested in your thoughts. Especially since our 26° carry numbers are similar.

I am excited to test this club. I also feel like my game is at a perfect place to test this club as I am playing well. My distances are up and my driver swing speed has increased about 5-6 MPH this season and my transition has actually gotten smoother. I am testing my hybrid (19*) with the Tensei AV Silver 75x. I am playing a Tensei White 60x in my Driver. And currently play a Tour AD-DI 85x in my current hybrid (20* xHot pro). I carry my current hybrid 225-230 on a mid trajectory.

As another R flex user I'm interested in your thoughts. Especially since our 26° carry numbers are similar.
For sure. Really exited to try it out.

Looks awesome! waiting anxiously for the pro hybrid with TEEm... what did you think of the performance?
I really like it. Easy to hit high and straight off the deck.

Back