Tour Edge Exotics Fairway Woods?

jag398

Reaction score
Handicap
Has anyone hit the original fairway wood from tour edge ( http://exoticsgolf.com/original-fairway.html ) and hit one of the newer models? I've hit the original fairway wood for the last few years and am to scared to switch out of it because it's superior to anything I've ever hit. I know, don't fix something that isn't broken, but I need to reshaft my old one (which will be nearly as much as the new club with the shaft I want) because my swing speed has picked up. I'm also left handed so I don't have the luxury of testing out the newer models. I seriously had so much trouble with a titleist 4 wood for several years before I made the switch and I carry this about 235 and hit it roughly 260 with roll... which is pretty ridiculous for a 3 wood (at least for me).

Can anyone give me some details about this that has hit both models? Thanks!

because my shaft isn't stiff enough and I hit the ball a little to high with a little to much spin. My launch angle on a 7 iron is 20 to 23 degrees roughly every time if that gives you an idea of how high I hit the ball so I'd like to get a more penetrating ball flight. I'm struggling with this because I'm left handed and can never demo anything... I don't want to find out I made a big mistake later down the road though...

I carry an XCG and I hit and like it better than any 3W I've ever had. Not sure that is saying much, because most 3Ws I'd like to punch right in the face.

Kevin

Funny thing is I preferred hitting a 2 iron over a 3 wood up until 6 years ago because I never was able to hit a 3 wood well. Exotics came out with their first line and I've had the original ever since. They are such good clubs that it's a shame that many people haven't hit them. They are light years ahead of titleist, callaway, and taylor made as far as a 3 wood is concerned IMO.

Funny thing is I preferred hitting a 2 iron over a 3 wood up until 6 years ago because I never was able to hit a 3 wood well. Exotics came out with their first line and I've had the original ever since. They are such good clubs that it's a shame that many people haven't hit them. They are light years ahead of titleist, callaway, and taylor made as far as a 3 wood is concerned IMO.

A 3w will go a lot farther than a 2i generally speaking. Be interested in hearing about what you do. I need to think about replacing my 3W. Right now I am hitting a 14 degree driver as a 3W because I broke my other one, long story that, the distance out of the 14* is huge but it does run out more than I want from a 3W.

You should really try the new CB4 Fairway. Until recently I've used an R9 TP fairway and after fairly extensive testing on a trackman I have one on the way. My problem with the older models like the CB1-3 is they were really difficult to hit off the deck. I think the CB4 is the fairway wood that finally gets it 100% right for Exotics, great off the tee and not terribly difficult to hit off the fairway. I also really like the stock RIP sigma shaft, still pretty expensive but I think it's a great club.

A 3w will go a lot farther than a 2i generally speaking. Be interested in hearing about what you do. I need to think about replacing my 3W. Right now I am hitting a 14 degree driver as a 3W because I broke my other one, long story that, the distance out of the 14* is huge but it does run out more than I want from a 3W.

I was hitting a 2 iron because I was able to control the ball much better. I was so erratic with my 4W (had a 4, not a 3 at the time) that I didn't mind sacrificing 20 to 30 yards to keep the ball in the fairway. I know how particular everyone is with their equipment and wanting to get "new" stuff, but if you want to make a small investment, get a used tour edge exotics original fairway wood (3W = 15 degree) for $70 to $100 off of ebay. I've hit every callaway, titleist, taylormade, etc... and I honestly feel there is no comparison between any of those products and the exotics fairway woods. It's at least 15 yards longer and has a great feel. Most guarantees I take with a grain of salt, but they have a 20 yard guarantee on their fairway woods because it's that good.

I was hitting a 2 iron because I was able to control the ball much better. I was so erratic with my 4W (had a 4, not a 3 at the time) that I didn't mind sacrificing 20 to 30 yards to keep the ball in the fairway. I know how particular everyone is with their equipment and wanting to get "new" stuff, but if you want to make a small investment, get a used tour edge exotics original fairway wood (3W = 15 degree) for $70 to $100 off of ebay. I've hit every callaway, titleist, taylormade, etc... and I honestly feel there is no comparison between any of those products and the exotics fairway woods. It's at least 15 yards longer and has a great feel. Most guarantees I take with a grain of salt, but they have a 20 yard guarantee on their fairway woods because it's that good.

I understand - I used to hit a 1i or a 2i off most tee boxes where the yardage was less than 400, just in general. Now I bomb driver over the trouble at 250 out but at that time (persimmon) it was a little harder to do that and wasn't really worth the risk. Might not be today either but that is another story. I will search on some used ones today.

Back